LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am getting so f**king tired of that kid and think the 9ers should just cut their losses and move on! Look back at his fake-ass smile when he is picked! Is it just me or is that the fakest person you have ever seen??
Did anyone catch the Mike Leach interview on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning? If so, what did he say about Crabtree and what are his thoughts on this idiot?
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Mel Kiper thought Crabtree would be a top 5 pick this year. He doesn't know anything.

He also had Mike Williams as the best player in the Draft the year he went 10 to the Lions.
Mel is deffinately drinking the crabs kool aid. What GM in there right mind would draft a headcase WR in the top 15. They wont have a combine to go off of. They wont have an interview to go by. They wont have a player visit to work with. All they will have is old college game film and the knowledge that the guy blew a year cause he gots to get paid. I think a drop to the 2nd may be a realistic scenerio based on all the questions surronding him. He will also have to make it all the way to the next draft while not getting injured or in trouble with the law. I would assume the niners will start slandering him as well once a trade doesnt happen which shouldnt help his draft slot much.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

Really? Roy Williams AND a 2nd round pick? So you trade a proven veteran for a whiny little punk who hasn't played a down in the NFL, and on top of that, you surrender your 2nd rounder. OK, I know Jerry Jones is getting up there in years, but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. The Cowboys aren't giving up any of their stars for Crabtree. The only star we'll be able to land for him is Patrick Star.

haha! Funny stuff! I agree with you. I thought it was obvious I was totally joking by that comment. guess i should have been more clear.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Watsonville49er:
Did anyone catch the Mike Leach interview on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning? If so, what did he say about Crabtree and what are his thoughts on this idiot?

Ya he didn't say too much ...

- Michael is NOT a diva but a bit of a loner

- There are probably too many people involved in the negotiations and it should just be Michael, his agent, and a 49ers rep

- Michael is probably just listening to the advice from those around him and needs to make his own decision

Nothing groundbreaking
Originally posted by B650:
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

Really? Roy Williams AND a 2nd round pick? So you trade a proven veteran for a whiny little punk who hasn't played a down in the NFL, and on top of that, you surrender your 2nd rounder. OK, I know Jerry Jones is getting up there in years, but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. The Cowboys aren't giving up any of their stars for Crabtree. The only star we'll be able to land for him is Patrick Star.

haha! Funny stuff! I agree with you. I thought it was obvious I was totally joking by that comment. guess i should have been more clear.

You were joking, yet you still think we can trade crabtree by week 6? I'm confused.
Bottom Lne:

Jed York openly extended the olive branch peace talks for a "face to face" meeting with Craptree and his agent.

Result.... Silence, not a word, response back from the Craptree camp.

Conclusion.... Silence say's it all

Jed York and the 9ers should cut this circus off now, put all Craptee negotiation on hold until after this season, TRADE, Craptree selfish butt in 2010,
Originally posted by dman:

- There are probably too many people involved in the negotiations and it should just be Michael, his agent, and a 49ers rep

- Michael is probably just listening to the advice from those around him and needs to make his own decision
great thanks I just got out of a meeting and was hoping I didn't miss much
Nothing groundbreaking
Originally posted by dman:

Nothing groundbreaking

Actually that is pretty interesting because you would think if ANYONE was going to come out and fully support $$$tree's stance that it would be Leach. It doesn't sound like he did that so if even if those who were his strongest supporters are abandoning ship maybe $$$tree will come to his senses.

Originally posted by BigMar:
Bottom Lne:

Jed York openly extended the olive branch peace talks for a "face to face" meeting with Craptree and his agent.

Result.... Silence, not a word, response back from the Craptree camp.

Conclusion.... Silence say's it all

Jed York and the 9ers should cut this circus off now, put all Craptee negotiation on hold until after this season, TRADE, Craptree selfish butt in 2010,

you dont know that Crabtrees camp hasnt responded, hell we just found out the other day that we sent the letter last week requesting a sit down.
Originally posted by valrod33:

you dont know that Crabtrees camp hasnt responded, hell we just found out the other day that we sent the letter last week requesting a sit down.

Yes we do. MM and Barrows have said as recently as yesterday that the Niners haven't heard anything back from $$$tree's side.
Originally posted by mac707g:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yes we do. MM and Barrows have said as recently as yesterday that the Niners haven't heard anything back from $$$tree's side.

valrod33 knows this.... he simply enjoys being a thorn in folks posts
Was checking for any news...don't wanted to get fooled again....but has anyone else noticed that Jed York went on the Radio about wanting to meet with crabtree and agent about four days after an invite to meet was issued to them? And there has not been a response. I find that very interesting. You would think it would be professional curtosey to reply to an NFL Owner......to me this means one of two things

1) He is still bothered with a foot injury...There was an unsubstantiated siting of Crabtree going into the back of a sports doctors office in Lubbock yesterday....

2) They are already guaranteed the money from another team. ESPN insiders has an article..(i am not subscribed) that says he could be going to the Jets....

It is interesting to note that we are not guaranteed to be able to trade him March 1 if he does not sign. He would have to agree to sign. The other way is to trade his rights but that would require a team knowing that they could sign him. That is my bet what happens if we can't get a meeting that Jed requested or subsequently sign him
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
Was checking for any news...don't wanted to get fooled again....but has anyone else noticed that Jed York went on the Radio about wanting to meet with crabtree and agent about four days after an invite to meet was issued to them? And there has not been a response. I find that very interesting. You would think it would be professional curtosey to reply to an NFL Owner......to me this means one of two things

1) He is still bothered with a foot injury...There was an unsubstantiated siting of Crabtree going into the back of a sports doctors office in Lubbock yesterday....

2) They are already guaranteed the money from another team. ESPN insiders has an article..(i am not subscribed) that says he could be going to the Jets...

It is interesting to note that we are not guaranteed to be able to trade him March 1 if he does not sign. He would have to agree to sign. The other way is to trade his rights but that would require a team knowing that they could sign him. That is my bet what happens if we can't get a meeting that Jed requested or subsequently sign him

im subscribed and all it was, was a reader asking a question of would it be a good move for the Jets to trade for him
Share 49ersWebzone