Crabtree Discussion Thread

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
This thread opens the door for ALL of us to post new threads on the same subject, right?

Like you needed permission...

seriously though lol

BigMar will have seven threads started within the next 20 minutes lol

Oh my.... This guy again!

Oh, the irony in this statement is too much.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
This thread opens the door for ALL of us to post new threads on the same subject, right?

seriously though lol

I know, right? I'm dying right now.
Big props to Jed York. I know he was simply answering a question, but since he let it slip that he wants a face to face with Crabtree, he's got ever sports news channel/publication voicing their opinion on the matter. This put the ball in crabtree's camp to set up and make the next move. Before that interview we were all left to specualate on every detail or rumor heard. Now we know their is an open invitation for a sit down. If Crabtree accepts, I am willing to bet a deal is done soon. If he or his representation rejects, we will know where he stands. Either way, way to go.
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:

seriously though lol

I know, right? I'm dying right now.

Congratulations!
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Hadn't seen this one yet:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/index?

quote:

I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:

1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.

2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."

3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."

6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."

Who knows what's true anymore. Unless they put it in writing BEFORE the draft, anybody can say anything about these things.

Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Hadn't seen this one yet:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/index?

quote:

I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:

1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.

2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."

3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."

6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."

Who knows what's true anymore. Unless they put it in writing BEFORE the draft, anybody can say anything about these things.

WOW
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by zozell:
Ang can u Pin the old one for easier reference? I suppose we all can use the "Search" feature... but what fun would that be?

Howbout...NO.

Someone can link it if ya want.

I just want to know how MD escaped without a warning in the last thread... he said some pretty messed up things to a few posters (including a "sucks to be you" to someone).

I just bring this up because a lot of posters have been getting warned lately for what I and other posters would consider "minor" instances. If the code of conduct is going to get stricter around here, then it should be a universal thing.

This is not the place for this, but yet another reason the thread is locked and I restarted it here.

I will review the old thread and deal with any issues. However, one thing I need for you all to understand, is that we don't catch everything right away. If anyone sees an issue of concern, please feel free to PM us to bring it to our attention....BEFORE you respond and escalate the problem.

This being said, please keep this thread on topic and Pm me with future concerns.

Thanks.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Don't know if this has been posted yet

The Crabtree Saga- Scott Wright

man, i would love to draft brandon spikes
"And, by the way, 49ers' president Jed York has still not gotten an answer from Camp Crabtree about proposal of face-to-face meeting."

Matt M. Twitter
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"And, by the way, 49ers' president Jed York has still not gotten an answer from Camp Crabtree about proposal of face-to-face meeting."

Matt M. Twitter

Camp Crabtree must be worried the 9ers will ask Crabtree to run a 40 yard dash before they sign him.... or maybe they are negotiating a luxury box for his "cousin and posse" before they agree to meet.
I've about had it with him. If he's not going to meet with the owner let him start pondering his next move next offseason.
I wonder how many people are running into the old thread with edits lol
[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I've about had it with him. If he's not going to meet with the owner let him start pondering his next move next offseason.

Give him this weekend. He will be on the sideline of the Texas/Tech game. Let him get that itch to get back in the game. Let him talk to the people around the game. Then come Monday, hopefully something can get worked out.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Give him this weekend. He will be on the sideline of the Texas/Tech game. Let him get that itch to get back in the game. Let him talk to the people around the game. Then come Monday, hopefully something can get worked out.

hope you're right
Originally posted by 5280High:
post turned into mod ping

Sometimes you just need to point at the monkey and laugh. Instead of throwing Poo with him.