LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by zozell:
Ang can u Pin the old one for easier reference? I suppose we all can use the "Search" feature... but what fun would that be?

Howbout...NO.

Someone can link it if ya want.

I just want to know how MD escaped without a warning in the last thread... he said some pretty messed up things to a few posters (including a "sucks to be you" to someone).

I just bring this up because a lot of posters have been getting warned lately for what I and other posters would consider "minor" instances. If the code of conduct is going to get stricter around here, then it should be a universal thing.

Because MD is smarter than all of us and whatever he says is right, you didn't get the memo?

You know you're gonna get warned for that, right? Hurry up and edit.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by BigMar:
This thread opens the door for ALL of us to post new threads on the same subject, right?

Like you needed permission...

seriously though lol

BigMar will have seven threads started within the next 20 minutes lol

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
This thread opens the door for ALL of us to post new threads on the same subject, right?

seriously though lol

Oh my.... This guy again!
This face to face meeting stuff sounds all too familiar.

Hopefully Michael doesn't go all Corleone on the Niners. Jed should check the bathroom stalls.

seriously though lol

So far, no MadDog. I guess word of the new thread hasn't reached Ohio yet. He should be weighing in soon though.

Maybe he is conferring with Deion and Parker..

seriously though lol

Yeah, Yeah.... your special
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by zozell:
Ang can u Pin the old one for easier reference? I suppose we all can use the "Search" feature... but what fun would that be?

Howbout...NO.

Someone can link it if ya want.

I just want to know how MD escaped without a warning in the last thread... he said some pretty messed up things to a few posters (including a "sucks to be you" to someone).

I just bring this up because a lot of posters have been getting warned lately for what I and other posters would consider "minor" instances. If the code of conduct is going to get stricter around here, then it should be a universal thing.

Ya I got 25% (first ever warning in 3+ years) for saying someone was stupid

Originally posted by Black59Razor:
This face to face meeting stuff sounds all too familiar.

Hopefully Michael doesn't go all Corleone on the Niners. Jed should check the bathroom stalls.

Eddie D will be in town this weekend . . . Crabtree should be the one checking the bathroom . . . " . . . either your signature or your brains will be on this contract."
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree will sign he will be a 9 for the next 4-5 years he will score many TDs for us

Originally posted by AmpLee:

seriously though lol

Oh, the irony in this statement is too much.

I know, right? I'm dying right now.
Big props to Jed York. I know he was simply answering a question, but since he let it slip that he wants a face to face with Crabtree, he's got ever sports news channel/publication voicing their opinion on the matter. This put the ball in crabtree's camp to set up and make the next move. Before that interview we were all left to specualate on every detail or rumor heard. Now we know their is an open invitation for a sit down. If Crabtree accepts, I am willing to bet a deal is done soon. If he or his representation rejects, we will know where he stands. Either way, way to go.
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:

seriously though lol

Oh, the irony in this statement is too much.

I know, right? I'm dying right now.

Congratulations!
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Hadn't seen this one yet:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/index?

quote:

I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:

1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.

2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."

3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."

6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."

Who knows what's true anymore. Unless they put it in writing BEFORE the draft, anybody can say anything about these things.

Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Hadn't seen this one yet:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/index?

quote:

I talked to an NFL scout recently who provided a rundown on the 49ers draft picks:

1. Michael Crabtree: "We had him at the end of the first round, even the second round. He doesn't run all that well, and we heard some things about his attitude. He might be just a system guy." Meaning playing in the spread offense could have inflated his numbers.

2. Glen Coffee: "Tough guy from the SEC. But I don't know if he'll be anything more than a backup."

3. Scott McKillop: "Another guy who's just kind of a backup player."

4. Nate Davis: "A stud. I saw six games and he didn't throw a bad pass. He's Mark Sanchez."

5. Curtis Taylor: "Big, strong kid, but I don't know if he's smart enough."

6. Ricky Jean-Francois: "He's got third- or fourth-round talent, but we would not have touched him with a 10-foot pole. Worst character guy in the draft. LSU couldn't wait to get rid of him."

Who knows what's true anymore. Unless they put it in writing BEFORE the draft, anybody can say anything about these things.

WOW
Share 49ersWebzone