LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by servegmo:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Adam Shefter says he will not sign. Shefter's pretty accurate. So F crabtree and lock this baby up. Go Niners!

Even Adam Shefter can be wrong. Anything can change the situation. Its never 100% for sure.

at this point I dont care he will not make a difference this year so if we trade his rights next year or if he signs it doesnt make a difference...

go niners in a huge win...

Most rookies do not make a big impact in their first year. Signing Crabtree would be an important move for the future. That doesn't mean he can't make an impact sooner than that! I think today's win over Arizona (the 2008 NFC champs) could become a big bargining chip for us.

[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 13, 2009 at 22:05:17 ]
Adam Shefter says he will not sign. Shefter's pretty accurate. So F crabtree and lock this baby up. Go Niners!

No, this is what Shefter said:

Quote:
Expectations at this time -- at this time being the key phrase -- are that Crabtree could wind up sitting out season and re-entering draft.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Quote:
Expectations at this time -- at this time being the key phrase -- are that Crabtree could wind up sitting out season and re-entering draft.

Thank you. I don't know why it's so difficult to quote somebody.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:

Because people want to spread false information to justify what they think. God forbid anyone take the time to see what was really said
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:

Because people want to spread false information to justify what they think. God forbid anyone take the time to see what was really said

hence Niner Talk...
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Even Adam Shefter can be wrong. Anything can change the situation. Its never 100% for sure.

If it's true we still hold his right leading up to the draft so we may trade him for value maybe another 1st round pick.

But true anyone can be wrong especially ESPN they say one thing one day then another thing the next. 49ers will address the issue soon!

It's a win win situation! Go 49ers!

What disturbs me is the fact that Adam Schefter ( IMHO the man with best insider knowledge) wrote it.

Last year he was right with JTO starting way before anybody thought of it.

If Crabtree really does this he's up to big surprise. His thinking is that he'll be picked between 1 and 5. Yeat he might very well not be picked in the first round at all.

Yea but I'm pretty sure his multiple source was Deion Sanders that guy is full of it and can't be trusted! 49ers need him but don't want to over pay the dude, so we will see what happens because the 49ers do have to confirm the move Crabtree is doing.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/13/SPM419MM6V.DTL

[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Sep 13, 2009 at 22:26:56 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
anyone else watch the NFLN highlights? Everytime a reception was made, deion and whoever else was there would yes "CRABTREE?!"

quite annoying, to say the least.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d812977cc/49ers-Cardinals-highlights

After the 3rd or 4th time, Deion asked "Did the Brinks truck show-up yet?"

Then when they rolled into Giants-Skins highlights, Deion said; ". . . yeah, let's get on to a real game."

He's pissed the Niners won.

Very unprofessional of Sanders.....but I wouldn't expect anything different.
Did Crabtree catch any passes in his first NFL game today?
Originally posted by King49er:
Did Crabtree catch any passes in his first NFL game today?

18 for 135 yards and 8 TD's.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Here is why I think Crabtree holding out is a Deion thing, and not a Parker thing.

When Crabtree's idiot cousin said they were willing to hold out the season, Parker came out and denied that. He effectively killed that fire. But Deion stoked it.

Schefter reported via his twitter that the consensus is that Crabtree is letting others make the call for him. I think that maybe Parker started this holdout for more money with the intention of signing later into camp. Then it just kind of steam rolled and Deion then started pushing for a holdout, being the Diva that he is.

Originally posted by Oscar:
Here is why I think Crabtree holding out is a Deion thing, and not a Parker thing.

When Crabtree's idiot cousin said they were willing to hold out the season, Parker came out and denied that. He effectively killed that fire. But Deion stoked it.

Schefter reported via his twitter that the consensus is that Crabtree is letting others make the call for him. I think that maybe Parker started this holdout for more money with the intention of signing later into camp. Then it just kind of steam rolled and Deion then started pushing for a holdout, being the Diva that he is.

The situation has gotten too big IMO, I think the chances of us signing him are probably dead now, I honestly think that now

Yup that seems like the likely scenario especially after his comments of the 49ers highlights!
so let me get this straight if crabs re-enters the draft we would lose our 1st pick in the draft from last year
I just sent an email to Roger Goodell to complain about Deion.

Dear Mr. Goodell,

First off please allow me to say that personally I love the NFL. I firmly believe you provide the best sports product hands down. Year in and year out. I also must say that I am a loyal subscriber to NFL sunday ticket because I live in Los Angeles and I am a huge SF 49ers fan. I went to college there and I have always loved the team.

My gripe is with the NFL and "Neon" Deion Sanders. He has tampered with Crabtree to the point of the team having completely wasted a #10 first round pick. Deion has publicly spoken about two teams (He did not name names!) that would pay Michael Crabtree more hence Crabtree is holding out still which at this ppoint is beyond retarded. I'd sure love to know who Neon is talking about. Thst is not cool Mr. Goodell and this should not be allowed to happen. To play in the NFL always was and still is an honor and that should be important.

Michael Crabtree couldn't walk a mile in Jerry Rice's shoes but is already demanding to be paid like a HOF'er. In my opinion it is time to impliment the Rookie cap. Does the NFLPA have to agree on something like this?? So how can it be acceptable that a #10 pick not accept a salary commensurate of a what the slotted #10 pick is supposed to get because he simply "thinks" he deserves more??

That is absolutely unprofessional on any level of Deion to do this unless he is in Crabtree's pocket also?? What is going on here?? Who wants to pay him more?? Dallas because Deion is in tight with Jones?? This whole Deion/Crabtree is not kosher sir.

I love the game but this has gotten out of hand and for the 49ers to have been called out for tampering prior to this and then this happens to them without any honorable mention shows a complete lack of respect for my favorite franchise. I don't know what else to say. I do love the NFL. Here's to the Niners being 1-0 beating the defending NFC champions on their home field.

Go Niners
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Yup that seems like the likely scenario especially after his comments of the 49ers highlights!

So lets say that is the most-likely scenario. Oscar, Do you think Crabtree could sign?
Share 49ersWebzone