LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Pay the man his money....

Why? We can win without him, and he'll be an issue long-term if we allow him what he wants after throwing this tantrum. It's like a little kid, if you're not going to eat the dinner we made for you then you're going to bed hungry.

Common Crabtree, smarten up and eat your dinner!

Can't have it, not gonna do it!!
just pay thsi fool..its gonna be uncapped next year regardless.might as well start payin..seen toooo many drops from Dez yesterday would rather have the Moneytree haha
SEE YOU IN HELL CRABBY!!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we still need crabtree

10 men in the box all day

i totally agree

Me too, but he still needs to swallow his pride and sign already. There is no question about it. Every single person that has talked about this situation says that Crab is in the wrong, here.

I agree also. They were loading up the box & killing our offensive line.
Originally posted by ramanz16:

Why? We can win without him, and he'll be an issue long-term if we allow him what he wants after throwing this tantrum. It's like a little kid, if you're not going to eat the dinner we made for you then you're going to bed hungry.

We won one game (barely) without him

the run game didnt look good at all

Now if we signed him originally, he would have been playing.

Who would you rather throw to? D.Walker or Crabtree? (Walker got multiple looks this game)

Who would you rather throw to? D.Walker or Crabtree? (Walker got multiple looks this game)

When your not throwing the ball at all, its basically a moot point.

I'd rather throw to Crabtree. I'd also rather not overpay someone for the sake of simply getting them signed. That's the kind of thing that gets teams into trouble with the cap, and unable to sustain success.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I say we encourage Crabtree to work hard this season he is going to be out of football. Work real hard at increasing his speed. Work at getting bigger and stronger. Give him permission to air 49ers approved video pf him working hard. The team should contact former pro's to council and consult with Crabtree. They should put out a PR front that makes Crabtree seem like the greatest guy, but in a subtle manner. Make the contract impasse seem as a result of differences in offensive philosophy. Drive his value up as high as possible, so that we maaaybe are able to get a late 1st round pick for him in a trade with another team prior to the 2010 draft.

exactly..

3 1st round picks in this upcoming draft class...dear god you could easily draft a dynasty with that kind of ammunition going into one of the most talented draft classes in maybe decades..
Might be the best plan at this point.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I say we encourage Crabtree to work hard this season he is going to be out of football. Work real hard at increasing his speed. Work at getting bigger and stronger. Give him permission to air 49ers approved video pf him working hard. The team should contact former pro's to council and consult with Crabtree. They should put out a PR front that makes Crabtree seem like the greatest guy, but in a subtle manner. Make the contract impasse seem as a result of differences in offensive philosophy. Drive his value up as high as possible, so that we maaaybe are able to get a late 1st round pick for him in a trade with another team prior to the 2010 draft.

exactly..

3 1st round picks in this upcoming draft class...dear god you could easily draft a dynasty with that kind of ammunition going into one of the most talented draft classes in maybe decades..

we would most definetely trade down at least one of our picks

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
we still need crabtree

10 men in the box all day

i totally agree

Me too, but he still needs to swallow his pride and sign already. There is no question about it. Every single person that has talked about this situation says that Crab is in the wrong, here.

Some people on the Zone, seem to think the Front Office is at fault.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by MaliCali:

exactly..

we would most definetely trade down at least one of our picks

nothing wrong with that....there are guys coming out in this coming years draft that will be taken in the 2nd round, that would have been 1st round picks this last year, some of whom could have even been top 10 picks.....in this draft having 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rd's would be absolutely ridiculous... like i said, that is dynasty building ammo...
Originally posted by 804Niner:
SEE YOU IN HELL CRABBY!!!

WhOA!!!
your going to hell????

bad luck bud

Don't pay him JACK! Let him sit and take his chances in the draft next season. Maybe the Raiders will pick him up. So my thinking is...Crabtree?...WHO?
carolina lost today, and they looked really bad too. Maybe we get a top 10 pick back from carolina lol, another interesting tidbit, maybe carolina willing to part with julius peppers if their season goes down the toilet before the trade deadline, and they realised their first is probably going to be a high first.
Share 49ersWebzone