There are 113 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No question. However, if we did up the offer, than it would make his side come up as even greeder.

Ah i see what you're getting at. That's a good point

-9fA
Does anyone remember the South Park episode when Cartman said "Watch me do an imitation of David Caruso's career" then he jumped of a building an landed on his head. This was before CSI Miami but after he left NYPD Blue.

Well, that is Crabtree
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Is there any way we can move this thread to Ninertalk, since it's apparent that Crabtree is not willing to play for us at this moment. The fact that THIS thread is above all our Arizona gameday threads is kinda disturbing. It seems like more people are concerned with this jackass than the team itself.

Pathetic.......

It is in ninertalk ....... you want to move it somewhere else ?????

Sorry, I meant "outside of" Ninertalk.
Let's just save the money from Crabs cuz it looks like we're gonna get a top 10 pick from Carolina the way they look right now.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
I can't believe the amount of hate for the 49ers front office on this particular issue

I'm with you on this Don. Any front office worth their weight in salt would be doing the same thing - except, Dallas and Washington.

We haven't been winners for so long, people here are willing to have our FO do the stupid, to satisfy the need to win. As far as I'm concerned, they should send Crabtree another letter in bold print.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
I"m not saying give him what he wants, I'm saying at least talk to him. Obviously Willis is going to get paid whatever he wants, but its not like we have soo many talented players that we have to worry about paying them all. As for the 2 first rounders next year, they absolutely will s**t all over us anyways. Imagine if both of next years first rounders threatened to sit out the whole year also. What are we gonna do go without 3 first round picks that could've helped us? If we're the Patriots fine lets play hardball, but we're the Niners......i don't want to be stuck in mediocrity forever. Don't appease him entirely, but lets have a little give and take or at least a discussion.

We need to stand pat, we made him an offer, The ball's in his court now. And as far as the two 1st round picks next year, do you really think there are two more idiots that will throw away their future like this jacka$$ ?

With a potential rookie salary slotting system after the 2010 draft, I don't think any player next yr will attempt to sit out.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ptw1:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In Schefter's report, he states that the Niners are not budging from the 10th slot. So, we know their contract offer. We don't know what Crabtree is asking (cheers to Parker for keeping this confidential...unlike our organization that leaks information to every newspaper reporter through league sources).

Say what you want about Parker, but he's kept the contract negotiation silent, which allowed for some form of compromise in the end. He could be asking for top 5, top 7 money, or simply something out of the tenth slot. We simply don't know. And, that is the key to a good contract negotiation.

But since the Niners have made it clear to the world that they aren't budging, this contract is not going to be signed. Just a stupid, stupid manuever. It puts them, and Crabtree into a box that has no solution, other than one side having to cave in and lose face. This has become a "saving face" situation for both sides, and the Niners have created this situation by going public through secondary and third parties.

Crabtree is an easy target for scorn, but this also shows the organization to have severe problems. They are just as culpable, or more, for this disaster.

There are some many things that can be put on the organization over these past several years but this isn't one of them. Even though WR wasn't their biggest need, he clearly was the highest rated player on their board. Even if he is, and they knew, a "diva", no one could expect a draft pick to sit out the entire season. No matter how great he was in college, still there is greater likelyhood of him being a bust then a pro-bowl caliber player. The 9ers aren't being cheap. And for those who swear he will be great and want the 9ers to cave. The fact is, even if he becomes a great WR, caving in to the 10th pick would have far greater consequences on the team in future drafts.

My argument is that if they were not willing to think outside the box on his contract, they should have never drafted him in the first place.

I had a very strong hint that Crabtree would never accept 10th slot money, and this looks to be true. The Niners did not understand the perspective Crabtree (whether right or wrong) would carry into contract negotiations, and for them to simply claim ignorance is not good enough.

And what gave you this...hint; a hint that NO ONE else had the foresight to see except, you.
I really don't care if Crabtree signs or not. I don't hate the guy... I nothing him. The 49ers were here before Crabtree and they'll still be here after him.
No wonder crabtree doesnt want to play for the 49ers

Screw him.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Craptree can stick this win up his arse, thanks for savings us your game check sucka..... Go niners!
Originally posted by JDog:
Craptree can stick this win up his ass, thanks for savings us your game check sucka..... Go niners!
we still need crabtree

10 men in the box all day
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we still need crabtree

10 men in the box all day
Share 49ersWebzone