Originally posted by ssahnan:
man i can not believe we've got 193 pages talking about this degenerate

This board can pull off 300 page threads on the topic "I Farted"

Don't you mean "Whose Farts Are Smellier, Alex or Shaun"
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Trent Dilfer's interview with ESPN radio with Michael Kay, link on the other Crabtree thread:
Dilfer, on Crabtree: "The kid is a really fine athlete. A lot has been made of his holdout, and I agreed early on that I wouldn't get in on all that. That's not my role as an analyst for ESPN. I have a close relationship with the 49ers people, so it just wasn't appropriate for me to get involved in that realm. But I felt I could mentor him, coach him up, help him out, and be a live arm for him to catch some live balls.

I was very impressed. He was in great shape. He works incredibly hard. He's actually in one-on-one time with him a humble kid, he wants to learn and he wants to be great, and that is what struck me after a couple days with him, how great he wants to be, how he approached it, and I was thoroughly impressed in my two day workout with him.

Q: Some have said that he has not been working out due to a football injury. Is it true?

Dilfer: "I can tell you that it isn't true. He's very healthy, he can line up right now and play, so you can take it from me, those rumors are not true."

Q: Is this kid making a smart move? Is there an end game for holding out as long as he has?

Dilfer: "I don't see it. I don't see it this late in the process. I understand holdouts early in the process. I understand their pride is being hurt. I really believe he is much better than the two receivers taken ahead of him. I think the 49ers believe it, that there is no doubt about that. But, I don't know what is going on now. I think he is getting some advice from some people, not real good advice, but I also think he is a very, you know he compartmentalizes things, the kid impresses me because he is very focused, you see him saying, I'm going to focus on getting better, and I'm going to let the people that I hired do the other stuff; he doesn't know the business and he is so locked up is his world of getting better and being prepared, I can see him compartmentalizing this and not seeing the end result of this.

Q: It just seems such a waste. Football players' careers are so short, and to throw a year away is just sad, I hope he comes to an agreement, but I don't know if he will.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The interview continues with a question about Eric Mangini (this is the same person who accused Michael Crabtree of being a diva, and then passing on him with the 5th overall by trading down). The questioner and Trent Dilfer both proclaim the complete shock over the stupidity of Mangini not naming a starting QB. Interesting transition from the Crabtree conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion: I have encouraged the board for weeks now not to make character assassinations on Crabtree, as nobody really knows if he is the "greedy, selfish, evil" person labeled by many on the board. It seems that Trent Dilfer did not get that impression at all after spending two days with the kid. Now, could he have been bluffing? Maybe. However, I think it is premature to blame the kid for the contract negotiation, as many have suggested, and even more foolish and premature to paint him as a bad guy.

I wish him the best on his next franchise.

Dilfer is a brown-noser. Remember all the great things he said about Alex Smith? He actually played with Alex Smith, he threw some passes to Crabtree and now he KNOWS what type a person Crabtree is? I'm calling bull.

Dilfer -- 'Jim Hostler will be a superstar offensive coordinator in this league'.

Nuff said.

If that is what he thought in his heart, that is not brown nosing. That is simply a bad prediction. And, everyone is entitled to a bad prediction from time to time, correct? This does not show intent.

Why would Trent Dilfer try to suck up to a rookie WR? He stated in the interview that he wanted to mentor the kid. How does brown-nosing fit into that equation. He simply gave his views on what he saw.

Some of you guys are so jaded, that you are blinded to the possibility that there could be anything complimentary to say about the kid. In other words, concede a point. The square world will still rotate.

Dilfer might not be sucking up to Crabtree, but he might be a bad judge (ie the Hostler comment, Smith comments). I have no horse in that race, though.

Crabtree might be a good kid. He's a hell of an athlete. But that doesn't change the fact that he's making a silly decision and his reasoning is flawed. That's my problem: his position is ridiculous.

And here we go round the prickly pear...
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Trent Dilfer's interview with ESPN radio with Michael Kay, link on the other Crabtree thread:
Dilfer, on Crabtree: "The kid is a really fine athlete. A lot has been made of his holdout, and I agreed early on that I wouldn't get in on all that. That's not my role as an analyst for ESPN. I have a close relationship with the 49ers people, so it just wasn't appropriate for me to get involved in that realm. But I felt I could mentor him, coach him up, help him out, and be a live arm for him to catch some live balls.

I was very impressed. He was in great shape. He works incredibly hard. He's actually in one-on-one time with him a humble kid, he wants to learn and he wants to be great, and that is what struck me after a couple days with him, how great he wants to be, how he approached it, and I was thoroughly impressed in my two day workout with him.

Q: Some have said that he has not been working out due to a football injury. Is it true?

Dilfer: "I can tell you that it isn't true. He's very healthy, he can line up right now and play, so you can take it from me, those rumors are not true."

Q: Is this kid making a smart move? Is there an end game for holding out as long as he has?

Dilfer: "I don't see it. I don't see it this late in the process. I understand holdouts early in the process. I understand their pride is being hurt. I really believe he is much better than the two receivers taken ahead of him. I think the 49ers believe it, that there is no doubt about that. But, I don't know what is going on now. I think he is getting some advice from some people, not real good advice, but I also think he is a very, you know he compartmentalizes things, the kid impresses me because he is very focused, you see him saying, I'm going to focus on getting better, and I'm going to let the people that I hired do the other stuff; he doesn't know the business and he is so locked up is his world of getting better and being prepared, I can see him compartmentalizing this and not seeing the end result of this.

Q: It just seems such a waste. Football players' careers are so short, and to throw a year away is just sad, I hope he comes to an agreement, but I don't know if he will.
The interview continues with a question about Eric Mangini (this is the same person who accused Michael Crabtree of being a diva, and then passing on him with the 5th overall by trading down). The questioner and Trent Dilfer both proclaim the complete shock over the stupidity of Mangini not naming a starting QB. Interesting transition from the Crabtree conversation.
In conclusion: I have encouraged the board for weeks now not to make character assassinations on Crabtree, as nobody really knows if he is the "greedy, selfish, evil" person labeled by many on the board. It seems that Trent Dilfer did not get that impression at all after spending two days with the kid. Now, could he have been bluffing? Maybe. However, I think it is premature to blame the kid for the contract negotiation, as many have suggested, and even more foolish and premature to paint him as a bad guy.

Dilfer is a brown-noser. Remember all the great things he said about Alex Smith? He actually played with Alex Smith, he threw some passes to Crabtree and now he KNOWS what type a person Crabtree is? I'm calling bull.

I think you want to believe Dilfer is a brown noser. While everyone in this discussion should be taken with a grain of salt, I think you would be hard-pressed to find one journalist/coach/GM/player who would state that Dilfer is not known as a straight up guy.

It seems like you want to make a character assassination of anyone who compliments Crabtree in any way. This perspective takes away any chance that you appear to be relevant in the conversation.
Pump your brakes Maddog, all I'm saying is that Dilfer's credibility when it comes talking about players is crap because he brown noses players. To be fair most ex players turned analysts do this. Secondly I didn't say anything about the type of person Crabtree is, he might be a great kid, but I would not take Dilfer's word for it. I'm also not trying to make character assassinations of ANYBODY who compliments Crabtree, don't put words in my mouth(posts).I'm merely saying that Dilfer's credibility when talking Crabtree's character is lacking. He barely knows the kid.

When Dilfer is talking about schemes, strategies, and football philosophies he is very good.

[ Edited by SVcabron1980 on Sep 11, 2009 at 21:25:43 ]
Originally posted by jedi9er:
Originally posted by ssahnan:
man i can not believe we've got 193 pages talking about this degenerate

This board can pull off 300 page threads on the topic "I Farted"

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Originally posted by tohara3:

I'm glad Dilfer talked about Crabtree. Sounds like he is good kid & needs to get some better advice from somebody. Really hope he wakes up & gets in here!

Indeed. I sincerely hope the poor young man can come to terms with the horrible hand that fate has dealt him so he can get in here and focus on his next contract.
He was dealt a horrible hand by fate? how? so he slipped a few spots in the draft, so what? he gets millions of dollars in money, he gets to play for the 49ers, he gets his own shoe, he was dealt a f**king great hand and hes stupid enough that hes letting deion and parker piss it away so they can try to milk money out of the 9ers and get him on the cowboys. i hope he comes to his senses soon too but hes only a victim because hes stupid enough to stick with parker and deion.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Fellas, we need to come up with a common name for Mr. Crabtree. I have compiled a list of references to the playya. A lot of them are from this thread. Please add any that I may have left out. We can then ask the mods for a poll. I think is important to have this settled before he signs

Crab
Crabs
Crabby
Crabgreed
Cashtree
Grabgreen
Craptree
Crabapple
Crabcakes
Crapapple
Crabturb
Crabdog
Madcrab
Weird/Crazy/stubborn/crabs
Neoncrab
Primecrab
Cousincrab
Crabsposse
Crab-bling
Crabsandwitch
Crabman
Crabmangennie
Crabarcus
DHBwanabeCrab
jj’scrabboy
Crabsskins
Crablick
Crabbutter
Crabbarf
Crabfart
STDtree
Crotchcrab
Crabscratch
Crabsnatch
Crabdouche
Deadliestcatch
Crablegs
Crabdick
Crabfoot
Crackedcrabfoot

you forgot crabb***h

Anal Crabs

Craptree and crabdouche are in strong contintion for the most used names for Mr. Crabtree
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Fellas, we need to come up with a common name for Mr. Crabtree. I have compiled a list of references to the playya. A lot of them are from this thread. Please add any that I may have left out. We can then ask the mods for a poll. I think is important to have this settled before he signs

Crab
Crabs
Crabby
Crabgreed
Cashtree
Grabgreen
Craptree
Crabapple
Crabcakes
Crapapple
Crabturb
Crabdog
Madcrab
Weird/Crazy/stubborn/crabs
Neoncrab
Primecrab
Cousincrab
Crabsposse
Crab-bling
Crabsandwitch
Crabman
Crabmangennie
Crabarcus
DHBwanabeCrab
jj’scrabboy
Crabsskins
Crablick
Crabbutter
Crabbarf
Crabfart
STDtree
Crotchcrab
Crabscratch
Crabsnatch
Crabdouche
Deadliestcatch
Crablegs
Crabdick
Crabfoot
Crackedcrabfoot

you forgot crabb***h

Anal Crabs

Craptree and crabdouche are in strong contintion for the most used names for Mr. Crabtree

Lobsterbush
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He was dealt a horrible hand by fate? how? so he slipped a few spots in the draft, so what? he gets millions of dollars in money, he gets to play for the 49ers, he gets his own shoe, he was dealt a f**king great hand and hes stupid enough that hes letting deion and parker piss it away so they can try to milk money out of the 9ers and get him on the cowboys. i hope he comes to his senses soon too but hes only a victim because hes stupid enough to stick with parker and deion.

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. You're on the money.

lobsterbush lol
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
...just wanted to reiterate...

This thread from page 10 and on...

I agree with the first pic, kind of,but what's with the second pic?

Anyway, who cares? we're almost to 200 baby!!! Only 100 more pages and then he'll sign!!! Woot!

hahaha it's supposed to be "Preaching to the Choir", I figured folks would be all but I decided to throw it in there anyway.

But yeah f**k it THE RACE TO 200 PAGES!!!!! WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I just wanted to say;

"Screw Michael Crabtree"

Go NINERS!!!!!!

Beat the crap out of the Cardinals!

What you said and ad in Screw Deion Sanders for getting in Crabtree's head
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

oh i see. my bad then.

dilfer was at the sf giants game and told csn sports net central that he hopes it gets done soon and he seemed optomistic. i hope it DOES get done soon, because dilfer said crab DOES have a playbook and he might help us soon if we get him signed ever.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

oh i see. my bad then.

dilfer was at the sf giants game and told csn sports net central that he hopes it gets done soon and he seemed optomistic. i hope it DOES get done soon, because dilfer said crab DOES have a playbook and he might help us soon if we get him signed ever.

Crabs doesn't have a playbook. The 49ers would not give someone a playbook who could at all possibly divulge that info.
Share 49ersWebzone