LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
He does have the playbook. The Dallas Cowboys' playbook.
i dunno man thats not what trenterception said. he said hes getting better at understanding his routes and the play book, or something similar to that. i dont know what to believe.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
i dunno man thats not what trenterception said. he said hes getting better at understanding his routes and the play book, or something similar to that. i dont know what to believe.

ignore what trent dilfer said, and go with common sense.
NFL source: When (if) Crabtree signs, it'll come out of nowhere. They are not going to telegraph their intentions before accepting the deal.

Thats what Matt Maiocco tweeted.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
NFL source: When (if) Crabtree signs, it'll come out of nowhere. They are not going to telegraph their intentions before accepting the deal.

At this point he is lost to the team.
NFL source: When (if) Crabtree signs, it'll come out of nowhere. They are not going to telegraph their intentions before accepting the deal. Thats what Matt Maiocco tweeted.

i really think he signs any day now, atleast i hope. i wonder what info matt ran across, what his source told him, that makes him say this though. when was this tweeted, just now?
NFL source: When (if) Crabtree signs, it'll come out of nowhere. They are not going to telegraph their intentions before accepting the deal. Thats what Matt Maiocco tweeted.

i really think he signs any day now, atleast i hope. i wonder what info matt ran across, what his source told him, that makes him say this though. when was this tweeted, just now?

I actually said this awhile back as well.

My reasoning is that if Crabtree signs it will probably be because he's had enough of holding out. The 49ers seem to be dead set on not upping their offer. There are simply going to be no more negotiations. The contract is there, it's done all that is required is for Crabtree to sign on the dotted line.

-9fA
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

At this point he is lost to the team.

Maybe. But I still hope he signs.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Trent Dilfer's interview with ESPN radio with Michael Kay, link on the other Crabtree thread:
Dilfer, on Crabtree: "The kid is a really fine athlete. A lot has been made of his holdout, and I agreed early on that I wouldn't get in on all that. That's not my role as an analyst for ESPN. I have a close relationship with the 49ers people, so it just wasn't appropriate for me to get involved in that realm. But I felt I could mentor him, coach him up, help him out, and be a live arm for him to catch some live balls.

I was very impressed. He was in great shape. He works incredibly hard. He's actually in one-on-one time with him a humble kid, he wants to learn and he wants to be great, and that is what struck me after a couple days with him, how great he wants to be, how he approached it, and I was thoroughly impressed in my two day workout with him.

Q: Some have said that he has not been working out due to a football injury. Is it true?

Dilfer: "I can tell you that it isn't true. He's very healthy, he can line up right now and play, so you can take it from me, those rumors are not true."

Q: Is this kid making a smart move? Is there an end game for holding out as long as he has?

Dilfer: "I don't see it. I don't see it this late in the process. I understand holdouts early in the process. I understand their pride is being hurt. I really believe he is much better than the two receivers taken ahead of him. I think the 49ers believe it, that there is no doubt about that. But, I don't know what is going on now. I think he is getting some advice from some people, not real good advice, but I also think he is a very, you know he compartmentalizes things, the kid impresses me because he is very focused, you see him saying, I'm going to focus on getting better, and I'm going to let the people that I hired do the other stuff; he doesn't know the business and he is so locked up is his world of getting better and being prepared, I can see him compartmentalizing this and not seeing the end result of this.

Q: It just seems such a waste. Football players' careers are so short, and to throw a year away is just sad, I hope he comes to an agreement, but I don't know if he will.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The interview continues with a question about Eric Mangini (this is the same person who accused Michael Crabtree of being a diva, and then passing on him with the 5th overall by trading down). The questioner and Trent Dilfer both proclaim the complete shock over the stupidity of Mangini not naming a starting QB. Interesting transition from the Crabtree conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion: I have encouraged the board for weeks now not to make character assassinations on Crabtree, as nobody really knows if he is the "greedy, selfish, evil" person labeled by many on the board. It seems that Trent Dilfer did not get that impression at all after spending two days with the kid. Now, could he have been bluffing? Maybe. However, I think it is premature to blame the kid for the contract negotiation, as many have suggested, and even more foolish and premature to paint him as a bad guy.

I wish him the best on his next franchise.

Dilfer is a brown-noser. Remember all the great things he said about Alex Smith? He actually played with Alex Smith, he threw some passes to Crabtree and now he KNOWS what type a person Crabtree is? I'm calling bull.

Dilfer -- 'Jim Hostler will be a superstar offensive coordinator in this league'.

Nuff said.

Hostler: "Alex, here are the new plays I just copied from Tecmo Bowl. As long as the other team does not pick the same play, we will succeed!"

holy crap
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by valrod33:
7 more pages until he signs

I'll take the over.

me 2

Originally posted by B650:

LOL
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Trent Dilfer's interview with ESPN radio with Michael Kay, link on the other Crabtree thread:
Dilfer, on Crabtree: "The kid is a really fine athlete. A lot has been made of his holdout, and I agreed early on that I wouldn't get in on all that. That's not my role as an analyst for ESPN. I have a close relationship with the 49ers people, so it just wasn't appropriate for me to get involved in that realm. But I felt I could mentor him, coach him up, help him out, and be a live arm for him to catch some live balls.

I was very impressed. He was in great shape. He works incredibly hard. He's actually in one-on-one time with him a humble kid, he wants to learn and he wants to be great, and that is what struck me after a couple days with him, how great he wants to be, how he approached it, and I was thoroughly impressed in my two day workout with him.

Q: Some have said that he has not been working out due to a football injury. Is it true?

Dilfer: "I can tell you that it isn't true. He's very healthy, he can line up right now and play, so you can take it from me, those rumors are not true."

Q: Is this kid making a smart move? Is there an end game for holding out as long as he has?

Dilfer: "I don't see it. I don't see it this late in the process. I understand holdouts early in the process. I understand their pride is being hurt. I really believe he is much better than the two receivers taken ahead of him. I think the 49ers believe it, that there is no doubt about that. But, I don't know what is going on now. I think he is getting some advice from some people, not real good advice, but I also think he is a very, you know he compartmentalizes things, the kid impresses me because he is very focused, you see him saying, I'm going to focus on getting better, and I'm going to let the people that I hired do the other stuff; he doesn't know the business and he is so locked up is his world of getting better and being prepared, I can see him compartmentalizing this and not seeing the end result of this.

Q: It just seems such a waste. Football players' careers are so short, and to throw a year away is just sad, I hope he comes to an agreement, but I don't know if he will.
The interview continues with a question about Eric Mangini (this is the same person who accused Michael Crabtree of being a diva, and then passing on him with the 5th overall by trading down). The questioner and Trent Dilfer both proclaim the complete shock over the stupidity of Mangini not naming a starting QB. Interesting transition from the Crabtree conversation.
In conclusion: I have encouraged the board for weeks now not to make character assassinations on Crabtree, as nobody really knows if he is the "greedy, selfish, evil" person labeled by many on the board. It seems that Trent Dilfer did not get that impression at all after spending two days with the kid. Now, could he have been bluffing? Maybe. However, I think it is premature to blame the kid for the contract negotiation, as many have suggested, and even more foolish and premature to paint him as a bad guy.

I wish him the best on his next franchise.

Dilfer is a brown-noser. Remember all the great things he said about Alex Smith? He actually played with Alex Smith, he threw some passes to Crabtree and now he KNOWS what type a person Crabtree is? I'm calling bull.

Dilfer -- 'Jim Hostler will be a superstar offensive coordinator in this league'.

Nuff said.

Hostler: "Alex, here are the new plays I just copied from Tecmo Bowl. As long as the other team does not pick the same play, we will succeed!"

holy crap

that was pretty damn funny
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
LOL

well the segment just re-aired and dilfer definitely said hes "learning his playbook and learning the route comcepts"... i dunno, maybe it is A playbook just not the NINERS playbook. who knows, i was pretty sure he wasnt getting the playbook until he signs.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
LOL

well the segment just re-aired and dilfer definitely said hes "learning his playbook and learning the route comcepts"... i dunno, maybe it is A playbook just not the NINERS playbook. who knows, i was pretty sure he wasnt getting the playbook until he signs.

There are only so many routes a receiver can run.
Originally posted by cNiner:
He will start losing Money if he dose not he sign by saturday night ! he is greedy and he is going to lose money and lots of it .

Share 49ersWebzone