There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Arnaz Battle Injured Again?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
PANIC ALERT! PANIC ALERT! BATTLE WILL MISS ONE PRESEASON GAME!!!

As for the "always injured" mantra that is drummed up about every other month from those who actively cheer against Battle, for the 1000th time,

THIS IS A STUPID STATEMENT!!!

The guy played in 42 consecutive games before his injury last year.

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

P.S. I'm missing all of the "David Baas is hurt again" threads. Somebody hiding them?

GREAT POST I love Battle, he gets zero credit for some reason by most however.
Originally posted by nekst:
Quote:

Alex Smith (thumb), Arnaz Battle (shoulder), Ahmad Brooks (knee), Michael Lewis (concussion), Brandon Jones (shoulder), Jay Moore (groin) and Cody Wallace (viral meningitis) will be held out. Only Brooks' and Jones' injuries could linger into the regular season. Wallace should be back in action Monday.

Link

You have to be kidding me. He looks like the best WR we have when he's on the field a lot of times, but the problem is he is hardly ever on the field.

They probably just don't want to risk it. Nothing to get excited over, IMO.
you know what is even more amazing seems how you bring up he has missed so many games in so many consecutive seasons. Is the fact that he has led the team in receptions in 06 and 07
Originally posted by backontop:
you know what is even more amazing seems how you bring up he has missed so many games in so many consecutive seasons. Is the fact that he has led the team in receptions in 06 and 07

My opinion on whether Arnaz is a good player or not (I do think he's good player) has absolutely no relevance in a discussion about his injury history. Try again.
Who cares, its one preseason game. with as well as hes played this year its not like hes fighting for his job anymore, especially with crabtree and jones out.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by backontop:

My opinion on whether Arnaz is a good player or not (I do think he's good player) has absolutely no relevance in a discussion about his injury history. Try again.

so a sore shoulder reslulting in missing the last preseason game means?? Cause to any rational logical person it just means that his shoulder is sore and is sitting out the last preseason game. So can you please let me know what a non rational non logical person thinks about this? Thank you in advance

As for the "always injured" mantra that is drummed up about every other month from those who actively cheer against Battle, for the 1000th time,

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

P.S. I'm missing all of the "David Baas is hurt again" threads. Somebody hiding them?

Your belittling of other posters is getting a little out of hand. Do you have some inside issues maybe that when you complain about others, it makes you feel better? We can pray about it.
Arnaz Battle and injury report just go together
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

Your belittling of other posters is getting a little out of hand. Do you have some inside issues maybe that when you complain about others, it makes you feel better? We can pray about it.

I don't know if you are new to the board, but the anti-Battle threads have a long history on the board. He drops a ball in one game, a new anti-Battle thread emerges. He is in contention for a position at WR, he sucks. He gets dinged and has to sit out one meaningless preseason game, and people want to scrutinize his injury, as if no other player ever gets injured.

The cheap pot shots on Battle are old, boring, and show a level of bias that nearly borders on insanity. We've burnt this bridge on this subject countless times, and the same anti-Battle people emerge from their caves every once in awhile to be humiliated again and again.

My greatest contention is when people refer to Battle as "always injured". When confronted with the fact that he played in 42 consecutive games before missing the second half of 2008, they point back to previous injuries four and five years ago to attempt to buttress their ridiculous argument.

So, if people want to take their cheap shot at Battle, I simply respond with the truth. If the truth has some bite to it, so be it. There is no excuse to parrot mindless thought.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
With Battle sitting out J. Hill should play for three quarters at least. (Crossing my fingers J. Hill makes the team)

I know we've been optimistic, but i'm with you. I hope he can do something tomorrow and show them what he showed us last year. You can't really just get worse at the age of 24 right? i mean...you're supposed to get better...

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

I don't know if you are new to the board, but the anti-Battle threads have a long history on the board. He drops a ball in one game, a new anti-Battle thread emerges. He is in contention for a position at WR, he sucks. He gets dinged and has to sit out one meaningless preseason game, and people want to scrutinize his injury, as if no other player ever gets injured.

The cheap pot shots on Battle are old, boring, and show a level of bias that nearly borders on insanity. We've burnt this bridge on this subject countless times, and the same anti-Battle people emerge from their caves every once in awhile to be humiliated again and again.

My greatest contention is when people refer to Battle as "always injured". When confronted with the fact that he played in 42 consecutive games before missing the second half of 2008, they point back to previous injuries four and five years ago to attempt to buttress their ridiculous argument.

So, if people want to take their cheap shot at Battle, I simply respond with the truth. If the truth has some bite to it, so be it. There is no excuse to parrot mindless thought.

Your posts are sadly bordering on arrogant condescension now. You don't hesitate to pat yourself on the back when your "predictions" are accurate, or even remotely so, and you do belittle other posters and blithely ignore the facts they post when they don't suit you. Like the case above, quoting Battle's own website. Using the words "stupid" or "insanity" are beneath you, or should be. Truth is, Battle is hurt alot, maybe not "always", but dang close, and maybe not enough to keep him out of most games, but as the stats above indicate, a significant amount. One can bring up Battle's injury history without being a hater, and I think it IS pertinent to the discussion. True, there are those for whom Battle can do no right, but you're lumping everyone in the same insane asylum. You might want to take a step back for self-reflection before laying on further insults. You're obviously an intelligent and well-read, as well as well-researched so I guess it's easy to tip over the arrogance threshhold once in a while or become so enamored of oneself that irt becomes impossible to admit error or at least some validity to an opposing viewpoint.
Phhew! Sorry, that became alot longer than I intended.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

Your posts are sadly bordering on arrogant condescension now. You don't hesitate to pat yourself on the back when your "predictions" are accurate, or even remotely so, and you do belittle other posters and blithely ignore the facts they post when they don't suit you. Like the case above, quoting Battle's own website. Using the words "stupid" or "insanity" are beneath you, or should be. Truth is, Battle is hurt alot, maybe not "always", but dang close, and maybe not enough to keep him out of most games, but as the stats above indicate, a significant amount. One can bring up Battle's injury history without being a hater, and I think it IS pertinent to the discussion. True, there are those for whom Battle can do no right, but you're lumping everyone in the same insane asylum. You might want to take a step back for self-reflection before laying on further insults. You're obviously an intelligent and well-read, as well as well-researched so I guess it's easy to tip over the arrogance threshhold once in a while or become so enamored of oneself that irt becomes impossible to admit error or at least some validity to an opposing viewpoint.

It seemed like you purged it all out, and I hope you feel relieved.

The board is very odd in hand picking the roles of 49ers players' in our yearly drama. You've got the guys on the white horses who can do no wrong, and are there to save the day. You've got the new players who will have supernatural powers. Then, you've got the actors who you can't trust. They are inherently untrustworthy, even if they have performed well in the past. Battle fits this last role for probably half the board (the polls tend to show this trend).

This is not the problem for me. The problem is when people make statements that are false. People would laugh at the irrationality of labeling a player who played in 42 consecutive games as "always injured", and yet, because it is the untrustworthy character in this drama, Arnaz Battle, it becomes in their mind the "truth".

I have trotted out in a previous thread a long list of players who would never be associated as "always injured", who have a much deeper history of injuries in the past 4 years.
Players fake injuries all the time, to escape getting cut. For example jerome bettis.(he told the story last year)
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

It seemed like you purged it all out, and I hope you feel relieved.

The board is very odd in hand picking the roles of 49ers players' in our yearly drama. You've got the guys on the white horses who can do no wrong, and are there to save the day. You've got the new players who will have supernatural powers. Then, you've got the actors who you can't trust. They are inherently untrustworthy, even if they have performed well in the past. Battle fits this last role for probably half the board (the polls tend to show this trend).

This is not the problem for me. The problem is when people make statements that are false. People would laugh at the irrationality of labeling a player who played in 42 consecutive games as "always injured", and yet, because it is the untrustworthy character in this drama, Arnaz Battle, it becomes in their mind the "truth".

I have trotted out in a previous thread a long list of players who would never be associated as "always injured", who have a much deeper history of injuries in the past 4 years.

I also have a problem with those who rag on Battle. He's a warrior and just the kind of guy i want on the 9'ers, as opposed to you know who (rhymes with Crabtree). But the truth is he is hurt alot and though he plays, he often plays at less than full strength. To bring that up is not necessarily being a hater or unreasonable and i think is pertinent when we're discussing him.
The other point I was making is that you sometimes come off as the learned professor talking down to his ignorant students. Maybe you're aware of it, maybe not. I still respect the hell out of your opinion (most of the time.....the exception being your apparent admiration of Parker's prowess as an agent. I think he really dropped the ball this time and that the real driving force here is not strategy or negotiating acumen, but pure and simple ego-driven greed on Crabtree's part. But that's JMHO).
Keep illuminating the rabble and I'll be here to call you out whether you notice or not (sometimes I think I'm the only one reading my posts!).
P.S. Now that Battle has officially made the team, perhaps we can all get off his case and see how he does this year?