LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Arnaz Battle Injured Again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Adman
  • Veteran
He suffered a shoulder contusion in the Dallas game. Barrows and Maiocco reported it multiple times.

He will be ready to go for the opener. Don't worry.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
With Battle sitting out J. Hill should play for three quarters at least. (Crossing my fingers J. Hill makes the team)

Me too.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
PANIC ALERT! PANIC ALERT! BATTLE WILL MISS ONE PRESEASON GAME!!!

As for the "always injured" mantra that is drummed up about every other month from those who actively cheer against Battle, for the 1000th time,

THIS IS A STUPID STATEMENT!!!

The guy played in 42 consecutive games before his injury last year.

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

P.S. I'm missing all of the "David Baas is hurt again" threads. Somebody hiding them?

No doubt!!!

Lets also hope Heitman does not have 1 bad play tomorrow or you know which thread will be coming back from the dead!
Arnaz Battle is one of my favorite niners, I dont know why people hate him.

He has been our most consistent receivers over the past few years

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 3, 2009 at 14:45:27 ]
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

As for the "always injured" mantra that is drummed up about every other month from those who actively cheer against Battle, for the 1000th time,

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

P.S. I'm missing all of the "David Baas is hurt again" threads. Somebody hiding them?

No doubt!!!

Lets also hope Heitman does not have 1 bad play tomorrow or you know which thread will be coming back from the dead!

Agreed. However, the board is giving a pretty big pass for Rachal, who struggled last week. Hopefully, he comes back well this week. Learning curve is still high.
Originally posted by fister30:
With Battle sitting out J. Hill should play for three quarters at least. (Crossing my fingers J. Hill makes the team)

Me too.

He needs a HUGE game. I just don't see it.

The Niners seem to have put Spurlock in a better position to make the roster, as he has become the primary utility players for the squad (PR, Wildcat/Taser, slot WR). He fills a lot of roles.

The Z man is in trouble, as well.

Of course, if Crabtree is still not signed by the start of the season, these other guys may get a new lease on life.

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

Hey I can find evidence to support my argument too...look at me....yippeee

From Arnaz's own website:
2003: • Saw action in eight games before ending season on injured reserve with left toe injury
2004: • Saw action in 14 games. Inactive for final two games of season with thigh injury.
2005: • Played in 10 games, starting eight. Inactive for six contests due to knee injury.
2008: well everyone should remember this season.
2009: just this offseason-

49ers | Battle expected to be limited - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:44:58 -0700
Matthew Barrows, of The Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (foot) is expected to be limited during the team's minicamp because of a foot injury.

49ers | Several players miss practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 18 May 2009 15:44:54 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers SS Michael Lewis (undisclosed), CB Shawntae Spencer (undisclosed), DE Ray McDonald (undisclosed) and WR Arnaz Battle (undisclosed) did not participate in practice Monday, May 18, because of various injuries.

49ers | Three worked with trainers Friday - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:13:48 -0700
Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (foot), DE Ray McDonald (knee) and CB Shawntae Spencer (knee) worked with trainers during practice Friday, June 5.

49ers | Several WRs miss practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:25:45 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers WRs Isaac Bruce, Arnaz Battle (foot), Michael Crabtree (foot), Jason Hill (hamstring) and Josh Morgan (illness) did not participate in practice Monday, June 15.

49ers | Battle misses practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:30:32 -0700
CBSSports.com reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed the team's practice Monday, Aug. 24, with a sore hamstring. He is considered day-to-day.

49ers | Battle will not play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:27:07 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (shoulder) will not play in the team's preseason finale Friday, Sept. 4.
So wait if smith isnt playing and we dumped huard does that mean nate davis will play the whole game?
Originally posted by DesiDez:

42 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!!!

Always hurt!! Brilliant!

Hey I can find evidence to support my argument too...look at me....yippeee

2003: • Saw action in eight games before ending season on injured reserve with left toe injury
2004: • Saw action in 14 games. Inactive for final two games of season with thigh injury.
2005: • Played in 10 games, starting eight. Inactive for six contests due to knee injury.
2009: just this offseason-

49ers | Battle expected to be limited - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:44:58 -0700
Matthew Barrows, of The Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (foot) is expected to be limited during the team's minicamp because of a foot injury.

49ers | Several players miss practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 18 May 2009 15:44:54 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers SS Michael Lewis (undisclosed), CB Shawntae Spencer (undisclosed), DE Ray McDonald (undisclosed) and WR Arnaz Battle (undisclosed) did not participate in practice Monday, May 18, because of various injuries.

49ers | Three worked with trainers Friday - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:13:48 -0700
Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (foot), DE Ray McDonald (knee) and CB Shawntae Spencer (knee) worked with trainers during practice Friday, June 5.

49ers | Several WRs miss practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:25:45 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers WRs Isaac Bruce, Arnaz Battle (foot), Michael Crabtree (foot), Jason Hill (hamstring) and Josh Morgan (illness) did not participate in practice Monday, June 15.

49ers | Battle misses practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:30:32 -0700
CBSSports.com reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (hamstring) missed the team's practice Monday, Aug. 24, with a sore hamstring. He is considered day-to-day.

49ers | Battle will not play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:27:07 -0700
Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers WR Arnaz Battle (shoulder) will not play in the team's preseason finale Friday, Sept. 4.

You are posting a bunch of offseason reports. The 42 consecutive game streak is impressive. It went back to the 2005 season.

Players get dinged. It is part of the game. If it was a knee or foot injury that was going to keep him out for an extended amount of time during the season, you might have a better argument.

Me too.

The Niners seem to have put Spurlock in a better position to make the roster, as he has become the primary utility players for the squad (PR, Wildcat/Taser, slot WR). He fills a lot of roles.

Of course, if Crabtree is still not signed by the start of the season, these other guys may get a new lease on life.

Could Rossum be cut in favor of Spurlock which means Hill could be saved as well?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So wait if smith isnt playing and we dumped huard does that mean nate davis will play the whole game?

Yes. Hill takes 10 to 12 snaps, and then Nate takes over.

I guess if he get's hurt they can run the taser the rest of the game.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Me too.

Could Rossum be cut in favor of Spurlock which means Hill could be saved as well?

The Niners would be carrying so many receivers at this point: Bruce, Morgan, Battle, Crabtree (if signed), Jones, Spurlock. That would be six already. I just can't see Hill making this roster unless Crabtree continues to go unsigned.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Me too.

The Niners would be carrying so many receivers at this point: Bruce, Morgan, Battle, Crabtree (if signed), Jones, Spurlock. That would be six already. I just can't see Hill making this roster unless Crabtree continues to go unsigned.

But with Crabs not being ready for a while and the usual injuries our WR's always tend to get I don't see it as a bad idea.
We have to keep Battle, Robinson and Spurlock in order to run the taser with the triple option threat. If we add one of our QBs we can call it the all QB backfield.

That would also give us a leg up in recruiting Gruden if Sing doesn't pan out. You know with Gruden you can never have enough QBs.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 3, 2009 at 15:42:56 ]
Quote:
You are posting a bunch of offseason reports.
ohh really?

Quote:
The 42 consecutive game streak is impressive. It went back to the 2005 season.
Way to be selective while ignoring the rest of his career. Actually, I'm unimpressed. It's one thing to miss one or two games a season, but he's missed 6 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE games in 3 separate seasons.

Quote:
Players get dinged. It is part of the game. If it was a knee or foot injury that was going to keep him out for an extended amount of time during the season, you might have a better argument.
Clearly, your standing as President of the Arnaz Battle Fan Club has clouded your judgement. He's finished the season on injured reserve twice in his career. Battle's injuries are not "dings." You don't go on injured reserve because of a "ding." According to my list, he's injured his toe, thigh, hamstring, knee, foot and, now his shoulder.

Keep hanging on to that 42 consecutive streak......because that's all you have and its still very weak.
Share 49ersWebzone