There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will The 49ers Sign Micheal Crabtree This Year

Will The 49ers Sign Micheal Crabtree This Year

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
In the NBA, my understanding is who you get drafted by control's your rights completely unless you are traded. It's BS that this a*****e can sit out the season, swimming in endorsements from companies that gave them in good faith thinking he'd be playing professional sports, and then re-enter the draft in 2010 while the 49ers get zilch draft compensation in the process (unless they trade him after March but before the draft).
How can anyone like or support a moron like this? I don't even want him on the team.
Originally posted by Shaj:
In the NBA, my understanding is who you get drafted by control's your rights completely unless you are traded. It's BS that this a*****e can sit out the season, swimming in endorsements from companies that gave them in good faith thinking he'd be playing professional sports, and then re-enter the draft in 2010 while the 49ers get zilch draft compensation in the process (unless they trade him after March but before the draft).

Yah it's kind of garbage the way that works. The 49ers only retain his rights for the year unfortunately. I hope all the endorsements get pulled, they should, no basis for them and that he falls to the 2nd round in the next draft.

He was an awesome WR at Texas but after sitting a year I don't think he brings the same value. Of course most of that depends on the 2010 WR class he's competing with. Go Niners!!
I know I'm in the minority but we need to do something simular to what the Bengals did w/Smith so he can save face. Maybe we are waiting for someone to go IR so we don't lose any of our other receivers. With Bruce and Battle( I believe ) on their final year of contracts, we can not afford to lose any of our up and comers. We are NOT good enough to lose a top 10 pick in the draft. Even if he doesn't do much this year, he will be ready to hit the ground running next year to replace Bruce.

NOTE: Like you, I am sick of this money hungry Mofo. Unwilling to get paid millions to play a game he loves. Sickening!
Originally posted by mtminer:
I know I'm in the minority but we need to do something simular to what the Bengals did w/Smith so he can save face. Maybe we are waiting for someone to go IR so we don't lose any of our other receivers. With Bruce and Battle( I believe ) on their final year of contracts, we can not afford to lose any of our up and comers. We are NOT good enough to lose a top 10 pick in the draft. Even if he doesn't do much this year, he will be ready to hit the ground running next year to replace Bruce.

NOTE: Like you, I am sick of this money hungry Mofo. Unwilling to get paid millions to play a game he loves. Sickening!

He wants to play for Dallas--let's trade his rights to Dallas for Marion Barber and the Cowboy's 2nd round pick in 2010 and their 3rd in 2011.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Sep 14, 2009 at 14:23:00 ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Shaj:

Yah it's kind of garbage the way that works. The 49ers only retain his rights for the year unfortunately. I hope all the endorsements get pulled, they should, no basis for them and that he falls to the 2nd round in the next draft.

He was an awesome WR at Texas but after sitting a year I don't think he brings the same value. Of course most of that depends on the 2010 WR class he's competing with. Go Niners!!

Who needs him?

Agree 100% fans have gotten their feelings hurt b/c he hasnt signed. Im pissed at the man, but the other half of me wants the Niners to win and everything hes shown on the field points to him being an extraordinary threat, so i want him on our team. When/if he gets on the practice field a guarantee some1 on the D is going to level him, a welcome, but teammates will still except him
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:

Agree 100% fans have gotten their feelings hurt b/c he hasnt signed. Im pissed at the man, but the other half of me wants the Niners to win and everything hes shown on the field points to him being an extraordinary threat, so i want him on our team. When/if he gets on the practice field a guarantee some1 on the D is going to level him, a welcome, but teammates will still except him

Yeah seems to be hurt feelings all the way around leading the charge in this subject. Fans and Crabtree. Either way it's in both parties best intrest for him to sign. Losing a top 10 draft pick is never a good thing.
Yes, Michael Crabtree will sign his contract with the San Francisco 49ers. Its only a matter of tme. I believe he's starting to feel the pressure from all sides.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Who needs him?

ummmm....we could use him....
I think there is still hope of it getting done but it is becoming slimmer everyday that passes.
even if we do sign him if and he gets to be a good/excellent reciever he will holdout at year three and leave via free agency to the highest bidder when his contracts up.in short f**k him he isnt what sing wants anyway.i like us being cancer free
Originally posted by goldthumb68:
even if we do sign him if and he gets to be a good/excellent reciever he will holdout at year three and leave via free agency to the highest bidder when his contracts up.in short f**k him he isnt what sing wants anyway.i like us being cancer free

If he is worth it scotty will resign him if not...so long. I would still rather have him in red and gold this season. Sing can deal with player egos on the field so that is not a problem.