LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

If it come down to a RB cut who do you keep.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it come down to a RB cut who do you keep.

Originally posted by Joecool:
How easily some players can be forgotten as soon as better talent comes along: Michael Clayton.

M. Rob is like the Clayton of active gameday roster players. In fact, we have a bunch of these guys, but once some real talent comes along, these guys will be forgotten in a heartbeat.

Coffee and Sheets basically washed away any issues with the running backs. This may also happen once Crabs signs. Patrick Willis did this with D. Smith.

All these hopes and sticking behind subpar players is silly. We still need more talent and players like M. Rob will be gone in a heartbeat.

Killah Kieth comes to mind.

when was he on our team
Originally posted by valrod33:
How easily some players can be forgotten as soon as better talent comes along: Michael Clayton.

M. Rob is like the Clayton of active gameday roster players. In fact, we have a bunch of these guys, but once some real talent comes along, these guys will be forgotten in a heartbeat.

Coffee and Sheets basically washed away any issues with the running backs. This may also happen once Crabs signs. Patrick Willis did this with D. Smith.

All these hopes and sticking behind subpar players is silly. We still need more talent and players like M. Rob will be gone in a heartbeat.

when was he on our team

I believe he means this Michael Clayton:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. These guys both make the team. They aren't competing for the same spot.
I've always liked Robinson. But if it comes down to it I hope the Niners keep Sheets. I think the trio of Gore, Coffee, and Sheets could be pretty special.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:

when was he on our team

I believe he means this Michael Clayton:

I meant to say Thomas Clayton:

Originally posted by westcoastchamps:
Who do you guys compair C sheets to Sprols or Parker i think he reminds me of parker dose anyone know if he can return kicks

he actually reminds me of leon washington from the jets a little bit. i can see the willie parker comparison too though. he seems to have nose for the endzone.
Get rid of M-rob. We know what he brings to the table.
Sheets....he probably has more TDs than Mrob already. ST players are easier to find.
For a team that's looking to be a run-heavy offense, you want to keep as many RBs as possible.

As stated earlier, MRob is way more diverse in his range of playing ability, since he can be a Half Back, Fullback, Special teams, and Wildcat QB, he can be put anywhere.

Sheets has the open field playmaking ability that all teams want (as someone posted earlier, he isn't as fast as sproles but will play a similar role for the team).

Overall, We'll keep both, putting the H-backs as Gore, Coffee, and Sheets. Our F-backs will be Norris and robinson.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Angryninerfan:

Hah. those sentences contradict each other, don't they?

Watch out, man. He's angry!
While MRob showed improved running skills this preseason, there's no question Sheets is the more talented back. I'd like to see Robinson add a few pounds and be the backup FB, with young Brit going to the practice squad and ultimately supplanting Norris, should his "personal problems" re-surface. Miller showed some impressive blocking skills for a guy learning the new position and is certainly a better runner and pass catcher than Moran. This way, we get to keep both Sheets and Robinson.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris
Robinson, he can play both, not a true FB but big enough, and a good team guy

This.
Sheets will stay. MR did a good job, but i think Gore can run the goalline.

No
Share 49ersWebzone