There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Expert" rankings

Originally posted by valrod33:
i have failed please ignore my IBTL posts i thought i saw this already in a thread, but i just realized i might have clicked on this thread earlier and forgot.

Let everybody doubt us, we will earn our respect it will not be given to us.

Im f**king pumped for the season to start

Totally agree. The past couple of seasons all these experts had us as Division Winners, Dark Horses, Wild Cards and the Sexy Pick. It screwed us up and jinxed our chances.
You dont need an elite QB to win games. You need a QB who is smart about what he does.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Best addition in free agency: Fullback Moran Norris. New offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye needed a traditional fullback to run his offense. Bringing back Norris made Frank Gore a happy man. Gore thinks he can approach or exceed his career-best numbers from 2006

Man this is sad and true the team's best pick up is a FB.

Why is this sad? The 49ers had 220 pound Michael Robinson running in front of Frank Gore and DeShaun Foster for the majority of last season. Norris isn't glamorous and he doesn't play a skill position, but his presence means more running between the tackles for Gore.

B/c they don't have a pass rusher,. It's nothing against Norris just sad when your best FA is a fullback.
Best addition in free agency: Fullback Moran Norris. New offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye needed a traditional fullback to run his offense. Bringing back Norris made Frank Gore a happy man. Gore thinks he can approach or exceed his career-best numbers from 2006

Why is this sad? The 49ers had 220 pound Michael Robinson running in front of Frank Gore and DeShaun Foster for the majority of last season. Norris isn't glamorous and he doesn't play a skill position, but his presence means more running between the tackles for Gore.

B/c they don't have a pass rusher,. It's nothing against Norris just sad when your best FA is a fullback.

And who in free agency would have upgraded the current unit? Suggs, Dansby, Peppers and Leroy Hill all re-signed with their 2008 teams. None had feasible asking prices through trade.

You can complain all day about how horrible the drought is. If you can't control the weather, complaining won't bring rain.
  • Mex49
i have failed please ignore my IBTL posts i thought i saw this already in a thread, but i just realized i might have clicked on this thread earlier and forgot.

Well now you are on double secret probation... watch your step valrod
Originally posted by Mex49:

Well now you are on double secret probation... watch your step valrod

And who in free agency would have upgraded the current unit? Suggs, Dansby, Peppers and Leroy Hill all re-signed with their 2008 teams. None had feasible asking prices through trade.

You can complain all day about how horrible the drought is. If you can't control the weather, complaining won't bring rain.

You mean to tell me that I wore out my moccasins on a silly rain dance for nothing.
I like Seth Wickersham and Bill Williamson even though I dont necessarily share their optimism...
22nd out of 32 teams...

That's how the ESPN Power Rankings rate us

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?season=2009&week=1

That's nicer that Prisco over at CBSSports.com.

They have us at 26th...
I'd put us about 20-21. I think we will finish above the Bills and possibly the Redskins. I think the Seahawks and Dolphins should move down and the Saints should move way up and probably 1 above the Cowboys.
s**t,

Seattle
Chicago
Arizona
San Diego

They are all overrated in those rankings

I'd say the Gayders too but it's hard to make a case for the Rams and Lions being any good
I wouldn't rate us any higher than 25.

I think we should be around 28.
NFL power rankings are dumb

Only thing that matters is # of wins

never understood them
  • dmax
  • Veteran
we're below the texans, skins and bills....WHAT THE F