There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Expert" rankings

6-10 POS team again

@Cardinals - L
Seahawks - L
@Vikings - L
Rams - W
Falcons - L
BYE
@Texans - L
@Colts - L
Titans - W
Bears -L
@Packers - L
Jaguars - W
@Seahawks - L
Cardinals - W
@Eagles - L
Lions - W
@Rams - W
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by crzy:
Quote:
As one owner says, “Jed’s unborn child is already a better owner than his old man.”

I bet Jerry Jones said this

This quote is confusing. Does "old man" refer to that of Jed or that of Jed's unborn child?

"Jed’s unborn child is already a better owner than [John]."
or
"Jed’s unborn child is already a better owner than [Jed]."

what the intent is.

Maybe you need to think some deep thoughts?
Originally posted by danimal:
Average QB
Average Line
Average Receivers

Its not rocket science.

Great summary. I'll add

Below Average QB
average line
average receivers
slightly above average RBs
way below average DL (no rush whatsoever)
average to slightly below average CB's
slightly above average LB's
MD says 7-9. I just don't see much an upgrade, if any upgrade, from last season. The pass rush looks anemic, LG and RT still appear unsettled, and I don't see enough from the young pups (Balmer, Rachal, Morgan) to elevate our team to the next level.

This team could end up 9-7, but it would be more based on the pathetic level of play from the rest of the teams in NFC West than from being a good team. This is a BAD division.

I'm flirting with picking the Rams to win the division. The OL is going to be a nice unit, and Laurinaitis is going to help that defense a lot.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=sfo
They have Marvel Smith as our 5th best player. Hmm...


I disagree about lack of CB depth on the team as I think Bly and Brown will be effective. How many teams have 4 guys who can start?
yeah i was thinking the same thing about our CB depth. i do not see us finishing 3rd in our division.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
They have Marvel Smith as our 5th best player. Hmm...


I disagree about lack of CB depth on the team as I think Bly and Brown will be effective. How many teams have 4 guys who can start?

I also disagree with their ranking of Frank Gore. They only have him as a solid starter, when I think he should be in the "outstanding" category.
Two of them picked the 9ers to win the division.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Two of them picked the 9ers to win the division.

And one of them is an idiot. He picked the Cards to finish last.
i have failed please ignore my IBTL posts i thought i saw this already in a thread, but i just realized i might have clicked on this thread earlier and forgot.


Let everybody doubt us, we will earn our respect it will not be given to us.

Im f**king pumped for the season to start
Best addition in free agency: Fullback Moran Norris. New offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye needed a traditional fullback to run his offense. Bringing back Norris made Frank Gore a happy man. Gore thinks he can approach or exceed his career-best numbers from 2006

Man this is sad and true the team's best pick up is a FB.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Best addition in free agency: Fullback Moran Norris. New offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye needed a traditional fullback to run his offense. Bringing back Norris made Frank Gore a happy man. Gore thinks he can approach or exceed his career-best numbers from 2006

Man this is sad and true the team's best pick up is a FB.

Why is this sad? The 49ers had 220 pound Michael Robinson running in front of Frank Gore and DeShaun Foster for the majority of last season. Norris isn't glamorous and he doesn't play a skill position, but his presence means more running between the tackles for Gore.