There are 212 users in the forums

"Expert" rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Middle of the pack seems about right for now... even though that would make us bottom of the winning teams of week 1.

How the fuk does Lombardi have the Cards ahead of us? Last I checked we won the game
I don't wanna worry about rankings until after we have played a few games
Originally posted by tohara3:
I don't wanna worry about rankings until after we have played a few games

the bye week is when we will see our true colors...got a couple tough games outside our division between now and then
The average was about ~15, which means we are more or less the worst out of all the 1-0 teams. .
Given the lack of our run production I think 19 and 20 is about right. The team is going to have to be consistent for a few weeks before they break the top 15 for me. I have seen this kinda start from our niners before, only to turn into a 5-7 win season.
Originally posted by teeohh:
wow carruci has us at 9

guess that's what happens when you beat the nfc champs

forreal though, i have to see us beat minnesota to consider the team top 15

We can take Minnesota for one reason! PATRICK WILLIS is the only person in the NFL that can tackle A.P. alone consistently, it also helps that hes just as fast. Can you say Defensive player of the year?
Originally posted by WestCoast:
damn #9 is waaay too high

co-signed.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
wow carruci has us at 9

We can take Minnesota for one reason! PATRICK WILLIS is the only person in the NFL that can tackle A.P. alone consistently, it also helps that hes just as fast. Can you say Defensive player of the year?

If our offense can produce, this should be a very good game. Just have to get to Favre early and often like we did Warner. I think the D can contain AP. Between Willis, Spikes, Lewis, and Smith we have a lot of guys who can stuff the run from the second level. Our DL is pretty good at stuffing the run too. I think Franklin is way underrated in this department.
wow carruci has us at 9

Really? Minnesota could be one of the top 5 teams if Brett can get going. Peterson is without a doubt the best RB in the game. Their defense is pretty fierce as well.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Espn week 2

18 (22) 49ers 1-0-0 Greg Manusky's defense has a chance to rank among the NFL's best this season -- with a little more help from the offense. No style points for this team. (Sando)

that ranked us 4 spots higher...but one spot under the cards....a slap in the face

Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Espn week 2

18 (22) 49ers 1-0-0 Greg Manusky's defense has a chance to rank among the NFL's best this season -- with a little more help from the offense. No style points for this team. (Sando)

that ranked us 4 spots higher...but one spot under the cards....a slap in the face

How do we rank lower than a team that we beat?
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Looks like the popular choice for out record with the pundits is from 6-10 to 9-7

That's why we are winning 11 games!! Most of the pundits are usually wrong!!!

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Espn week 2

How do we rank lower than a team that we beat?

Sando broke down the voting in his blog entry today. 3 of the 4 had us above the Cards, but one dude had us at 22 and the Cards at 11. That dropped us down.
  • ZWhite135
  • Info N/A
shaun hill may not be dan marino but he wins games who says these guys are experts lol? i see a 9-7 10-6 season... we're off to a great start.... how bout that pass rush
Originally posted by jreff22:
Vic Carucci
The 49ers have promising young talent and Mike Singletary is a good coach. But neither starter Shaun Hill nor backup Alex Smith are good enough quarterbacks to take them very far.
Prediction: 6-10, third in NFC West

Steve Wyche
Sleeper alert: If the quarterback play can be just better than average, a good defense and a strong running game could bring excitement back to the Bay.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Pat Kirwan
This team has attitude and will play a physical style on both sides of the ball. The question is, can any of the quarterbacks make plays in a hurry up, come from behind situation?
Prediction: 8-8, second in NFC West

Bucky Brooks
Mike Singletary has molded the Niners in his image, and their hard-hitting ways results in an impressive season. The playoffs will have to wait, but the team is on track to become a contender soon.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Jason La Canfora
There isn't much separating the teams in this division so how about a three-way tie?
Prediction: 9-7, first in NFC West

Link

I think they were generous. I REALLY don't understand why after one game, and one drive (cause lord knows he stunk it up the rest the game), people think Hill is sufficient and feel the need to post in his defense.

Hill and the offensive line (although Coach Mike feels the oline is going to be very good which makes me hopeful) will be this teams downfall once again. The defense, which has top 10 potential imo, will begin to play at a lower level the more time that goes by in which our offense spends sooo much time going 3 and out. Once the defense play starts to dip the immense help the offense gets starts to disappear and now instead of barely leading or barely behind in a game we are moderately behind at best, requiring Hill to display more of his unacceptable passing skills.

I want to buy in, but I just don't see it. S Hill still looks like a friken back up QB. He was lucky he didn't end that game with 2-3 ints. Arizona played poorly in their D backfield.

Our Oline who has been coached and conditioned to run the ball when Coach Mike deems the ball needs to be run got 30 yards from their stud running back on TWENTY TWO carries. What can you say about that other then to point and laugh? Fank got 1600 in a season where they stuffed the box with 8 and 9 because we had young Alex at the helm and running wasn't nearly the fixation with that coach as it is with our current.

There are things I REALLY want to like about this team, but there are too many major pieces missing for be to feel confident predicting anything more then 6-7 wins.
Share 49ersWebzone