LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Breaking News: 49ers release Damon Huard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.

Yeah because you know more than the coaches.
That sucks, they should have released Alex Smith. Huard is a better backup then Alex.

WOW, I knew somebody was going to say this.

Do we not remember how "WELL" he played in Kansas City last year.

What was it 2tds and 4 picks???
am i right?
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by backontop:
and people wanted to have Huard as the back up He got beat out by two 2nd string QB"s and a rookie

no the Rookie is more valuable than him and we don't want to lose him.

I wasn't one of the Huard jock riders. I wanted Huard gone in favor of Davis. Davis showed to much in preseason to risk losing him to another team. Well we won't have a Smith QB to Smith WR connection. And J. Hill wont make the team so Hill to Hill is out....but Davis to Davis
He hadn't played much in the preseason, so I guess it should be to surprising, but I still thought they would keep him. Still, I'd rather have the roster spot for someone else.
I think this is great. I hope Nate tears it up. From what I've seen of him, he has looked like he can play big time ball.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:

no he is a smart guy unlike Mclueless don't want to look like an idiot for picking him first in the first round !
Good, now he can stay and develop like he should.

no he is a smart guy unlike Mclueless don't want to look like an idiot for picking him first in the first round !

Blah blah blah...Huard is gone, Smith is still here...deal with it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Good on ya, OTC!

Looks like your boy is going to stay...what I mean about your is that you made us aware in the draft zone and here he is.

Cool
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Only reason Alex is still around is because he was drafted by the current GM and was resigned by the current GM. If we had a new GM Alex would have been a toast this offseason. Alex is not kept around for his on field talent. Only reason he is still with the niners is because the GM does not want to look like a fool to the ownership and fan base.

Alex Smith might follow Huard onto the waiver wire a year from now.
Cool we get to watch Nate Davis play the entire 2nd half.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Good on ya, OTC!

Looks like your boy is going to stay...what I mean about your is that you made us aware in the draft zone and here he is.

Cool

who are we Developing Davis or Alex ?

Only reason Alex is still around is because he was drafted by the current GM and was resigned by the current GM. If we had a new GM Alex would have been a toast this offseason. Alex is not kept around for his on field talent. Only reason he is still with the niners is because the GM does not want to look like a fool to the ownership and fan base.

Yes becasue Damon Huard was soo good we couldnt risk giving him up right. WRONG? i bet if we released Smith somebody would pick him up for insurance like maybe SAN DIEGO with a coach who helped him get some Success. But Huard, he'll still be there if we need him.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Good on ya, OTC!

Cool

who are we Developing Davis or Alex ?

Both
Share 49ersWebzone