LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jerry Sullivan (WR Coach)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yup. I think you're referring to the interception in game one right? The next day, Singletary confirmed that Crabtree ran the right route. Smith just over threw him.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yup. I think you're referring to the interception in game one right? The next day, Singletary confirmed that Crabtree ran the right route. Smith just over threw him.

wish J.Rice would be out WR coach. No one better at running routes.

you obviously never heard of a fellow by the name of Dominique Ziegler

he could be a player/coach
Originally posted by valrod33:

I'd like to see more of Zeigler too, but I think its too soon to bench Crabs.
i'm not saying jerry rice was slow but he wasn't known for being a speedy receiver and he turned out to be the best player to ever play the position. i think it's a combination of coaching and work ethic.

who said anything about benching Crabtree
It doesn't take speed to get open, just precise route running.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

and to late to bench Alex..
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I've seen them getting separation; so, it's not just a myth that they can do it. The problem is when the ball is late or thrown behind, it starts to look like no separation.

Yup. Crabtree is very explosive out of his break.

Other than not running the right routes and not practicing he's pretty good.

Alexcuse #402

Is that your CrabtreEXCUSE? What's his excuse for missing 2 preseasons, both training camps, running the wrong routes, tipping the ball into the air when it hits his hands and having a DIVA attitude?

everybody in NT. Unless we're gonna run 3 wr sets all the time. That would be pretty sweet.

Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I've seen them getting separation; so, it's not just a myth that they can do it. The problem is when the ball is late or thrown behind, it starts to look like no separation.

I don't see other WRs having problems with balls slightly off target. We don't have anyone (WRs) on our squad that is capable of taking a short pass the distance.

Slightly off target is not an issue. It's moderately off target and inconsistency that's a problem.

Try catching a ball that's going to be thrown at you as hard as the guy can throw it; but, you're not allowed to look until a spit second before it gets to you. Sounds hard, right? Now imagine trying to do that while running at full speed, or where you have to stop on a dime, rotate 180 degrees and locate the ball.

If the ball is always towards the back shoulder, it becomes easier, or if the ball is always placed away from the defender, you have a better chance of making the grab; but, when it's not placed with a consistent mentality, the receiver has to guess (where's it gonna be this time)...

Ball placement is critical folks!
[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM ]
Man some of you guys are pretty ballsy with your hypocrisy. On one hand it's: "Alex always throws in double or triple coverage that dumba$$." Then in another thread you post: "He doesnt have the balls to make throws when WRs aren't wide open."

Bash Smith all you want but at least be consistent in your positions. So which is it? Dumba$$ who makes risky throws or tentative wuss who holds the ball too long?

everybody in NT. Unless we're gonna run 3 wr sets all the time. That would be pretty sweet.

Mike Johnson in his interview talked about getting our playmakers involved and specifically named Crabtree multiple times he aint getting benched anytime soon. BALEEEEEEEEEED DAT

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Man some of you guys are pretty ballsy with your hypocrisy. On one hand it's: "Alex always throws in double or triple coverage that dumba$$." Then in another thread you post: "He doesnt have the balls to make throws when WRs aren't wide open."

Bash Smith all you want but at least be consistent in your positions. So which is it? Dumba$$ who makes risky throws or tentative wuss who holds the ball too long?

It's whatever makes the argument convenient. As long as it's against Alex. That's the requirement...

Mike Johnson in his interview talked about getting our playmakers involved and specifically named Crabtree multiple times he aint getting benched anytime soon. BALEEEEEEEEEED DAT

Man Crabtree seems like a smart route runner. The way he positions his head, body, leans, etc. No excuse why he should be limited to shorter routes.
Share 49ersWebzone