There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jerry Sullivan (WR Coach)

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by GlenCoffeesNuts:
I bet this mofo gonna be pissed haha. Another pass over for Sullivan for OC.

I think we'll finally know who the RAT is..lol.

If the Rat is still running free...then it was Sully all this time...

if the Rat has been silenced, it was most likely Johnson...lol..now he got his new gig.

its Brian Jennings
I think some of the lack of development is the fact that our OC has been horrible.

He never put our skilled players in the best position to win one on one battles.

We also lack the speedy/quick route runner who can seperate from a defender to get you that easy reception.

Having said that, I have not seen the players we have improve on any level. Still drop passes, don't fight for balls, lazy route running (defenders jumping routes),etc.
How can someone take credit for developing Fitzgerald? He was a beast in college.
I'm tired of all these WR tipped passes. Usually due to WRs trying to one-hand catch the balls. Using both hands, if the ball is tipped, it will be more likely to at least go straight down to the turf, not up in the air to be intercepted. Alex is not an accurate QB, and the WRs not using both hands makes it even worse.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Is Sullivan a new scapegoat? He isn't the problem... get real.

It's coaching man. I started with sullivan because he is our longest running coach with our team now. In all his time, what has be done?

Go back and read the first 4/5 pages. Your questions have been answered there. Sully is not the problem and is a fine assistant coach. He has been here since 2005 and survived 2 coaching changes and multiple OC's. There is a reason he is kept on staff.

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
How can someone take credit for developing Fitzgerald? He was a beast in college.

He never even coached Fitz nor has he ever tried to take credit for it. He takes some credit for Q as he was pushing for the Cards to draft him and he helped developed him during his rookie year.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

I think it was moreso credit for developing Boldin who played QB in college.
  • Mex49
Start packing your bags Jerry, your turn is coming fast. Absoluetly nothing to show for your time here. Zero
Your WRs are only as good as your qb.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by susweel:

The facts don't lie, he has never produced a Single WR in his time here. All those drafts, all those FA and he didn't have input in team decisions? If he is respected as much as some claim, he absolutely had an input. I'm not go through the list of receivers that were here under his watch but you will be hard pressed to find any standouts in the group- Battle the exception. And none staying on for an extended period

The issue of tipped ball INT's is as much a receiver problem as it is a QB.

And seriously, we need to start asking about the other assistants too. Has our running backs gotten better and more productive under Rathman's watch?
Originally posted by tohara3:
I would really like to see us give Jerry Rice a shot! Our recievers just never seem to get any better.

I had a chat with Jerry about 3 years ago and he wanted nothing to do with the team..
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I would really like to see us give Jerry Rice a shot! Our recievers just never seem to get any better.

I had a chat with Jerry about 3 years ago and he wanted nothing to do with the team..

No more players turned coach unless they have a proven track record with at least 5 years of coaching experience at the college or pro levels.

And understand X and O's
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Both sides scratch the other's back. The 49er WRs are not good. Not a single one could start for anyone of the top 10 passing teams in the league - mayabe not start for any of the top 20, and it has nothing to do with the QB. They don't run good routes, they are not fast, except for Ted Ginn and he was cut by Miami, and they do not read or adjust to defenses well. Crabtree is a prima donna who is afraid of contact. The others are just a half cut above waiver wire players playing in a system that should have died in the '60s.
This is the man that should have been shown the door before Raye ever was.

Anyone else notice that the 49ers receivers never break their routes when Smith is forced to scramble to give him someone to throw to??

They all just stand there and watch him. Wonder why he always throws those balls out of bounds? Pay attention to the progression of those plays next time...NOT ONE of the 49er receivers break off to get open and help him out.

I noticed that in the Seattle game and the Kansas City game...as well as SEVERAL occasions last season.

That is a sole reflection of your position coach.
I am hoping that another coaching change is made soon, a new WR coach! Our receivers get no separation for Alex to make any throw to them. (I'm not arguing the fact that when Alex does make a throw that its usually a poorly thrown ball) But even with the passing accuracy aside, our WR's do nothing to help Alex...especially when he's scrambling or looking for that 1st down pass. Our WR's slow down and let the CB's blanket them if they didn't get the ball thrown at the point they expected it. Its ridiculous and makes watching our offense unbearable, route running is much more important than having 4.3 speed.

Thats why I would love for Jed to reach out to Jerry Rice as AT LEAST a consulant for fixing our WR's. Morgan and Crabs can be much better and ARE a good 1 and 2 WR. Especially when you have VD, Walker, and Gore taking most of the Defenses attention.

If Singletary wants to have a chance at saving his job he needs to do more than replace Raye, thats just a Media Bandage to make it seem like he did something.
Originally posted by irishluder:
I am hoping that another coaching change is made soon, a new WR coach! Our receivers get no separation for Alex to make any throw to them. (I'm not arguing the fact that when Alex does make a throw that its usually a poorly thrown ball) But even with the passing accuracy aside, our WR's do nothing to help Alex...especially when he's scrambling or looking for that 1st down pass. Our WR's slow down and let the CB's blanket them if they didn't get the ball thrown at the point they expected it. Its ridiculous and makes watching our offense unbearable, route running is much more important than having 4.3 speed.

Thats why I would love for Jed to reach out to Jerry Rice as AT LEAST a consulant for fixing our WR's. Morgan and Crabs can be much better and ARE a good 1 and 2 WR. Especially when you have VD, Walker, and Gore taking most of the Defenses attention.

If Singletary wants to have a chance at saving his job he needs to do more than replace Raye, thats just a Media Bandage to make it seem like he did something.

I agree Jerry Sullivan should have been fired in the off season