There are 176 users in the forums

Jerry Sullivan (WR Coach)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why hasn't this guy taken any heat?? I thought this guy was a WR guru?? We haven't had a wideout sniff a thousand yards since he's come aboard. Player development is a huge problem for the 9ers. WR's development has been horrible! What's the deal?
I would really like to see us give Jerry Rice a shot! Our recievers just never seem to get any better.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I would really like to see us give Jerry Rice a shot! Our recievers just never seem to get any better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Rice atleast assist in WR development...
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Why hasn't this guy taken any heat?? I thought this guy was a WR guru?? We haven't had a wideout sniff a thousand yards since he's come aboard. Player development is a huge problem for the 9ers. WR's development has been horrible! What's the deal?

Might be the coach. I agree that somebody has to take the fall for lack of WR production if we see more of the same this year.
who knows but if he would be doing a bad job i think he wouldnt go unnoticed.
Everybody seems to like Sullivan, but we do not seem to get much production out of him.
Give him a break he hasnt been given any talent. Look at guys that have started for the 49ers and gone elsewhere...barely crack the depth chart. He has work to do with Morgan but there are no other young guys to work with.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Give him a break he hasnt been given any talent. Look at guys that have started for the 49ers and gone elsewhere...barely crack the depth chart. He has work to do with Morgan but there are no other young guys to work with.

I will not give the guy a break when he started Taylor Jacobs and Bryan Gilmore over a perfectly healthy Ashley Lelie. He definitely plays favorites, and none of his favorites have gone on to produce. Sullivan needs to go.
Originally posted by Psinex:

I will not give the guy a break when he started Taylor Jacobs and Bryan Gilmore over a perfectly healthy Ashley Lelie. He definitely plays favorites, and none of his favorites have gone on to produce. Sullivan needs to go.

WR coaches are now setting starting lineups?
Originally posted by jays9ers:

how can any WR get 1000 yards with the crap we have from OC to QB to OL ! f**k man think !

Dude sucks, I've said it before and I will repeat it Dude sucks! Couldn't get it done in Phoenix with Bolden and Fitzgerald, and has failed to develop talent here!

Antonio Bryant?
Originally posted by Psinex:

Thats what i'm saying, we should let the whole team go including coaches
what about all the pass rush coach's Singletary hired they aren't doing much either
Sullivan takes credit for developing Boldin and Fitz but I agree with alot of posters here that he has failed to develop the talent at WR. He has had descent talent but great coaches prepare their players for Sundays and he is not teaching our young guys on how to get seperation in the NFL. You can get seperation many ways,speed,strength, route running but just how good of a job is he at teaching these things to the younger players and translating that to the field? The starting Gilmore and JAcobs thing a couple of years ago really made me dislike him alot.
Share 49ersWebzone