LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Does Singletary only get 1 year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rob28:
holmgren or shanahan please!!! i like sing but our offense aint gonna get any better.

And Im assuming our D will get better with Shanny? Go look at the Donkey D over the past few seasons and think about that. Then go look at the past few SB champs and see what the trend is. Ill give you a hint... Defense wins championships
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It seems that the spirit of previously banned posters have possessed some of our once sane vets.

The mood swings on the Zone are worst than those of Women, I swear.

Im telin u Obe this place is getting worse n worse as the season starting to roll. Even some of the old school vets are starting to go nuts. Weren't we supposed to have the smarter fans in the bay?
Originally posted by frenchmov:
no, he gets 3 years to get us to the playoffs.

look at what he is playing with: no qb, no NT to run the defense(nevermind that Willis calls the pakage), no pass rush(nevermind that they get pressure enough to create turnovers), a mediocre offensive line, no receivers..... come on give the man a chance to succeed.

you can't turn the corner in one year. if we do, great. but if we don't that isn't on singletary.

I think that he is on borrowed time if he can't get anything out of this team. Talent or no talent. The natives are restless. So I guarantee there will be a sacrificial lamb if we have ANYTHING less than a .500 season.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by WestCoast:
If Shaun Hill fails and the season is a loss, does Jed look to Holmgren, Shanahan, or Gruden to right the ship??

I'm starting to think if there aren't any playoffs this year, Sing could be on his way out.

No. You get a new QB. In this case we already have our next QB on the roster.
This mess of a team goes above Sing for responsibility. GM, scouts, owner. Very poor football minds.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
If Shaun Hill fails and the season is a loss, does Jed look to Holmgren, Shanahan, or Gruden to right the ship??

I'm starting to think if there aren't any playoffs this year, Sing could be on his way out.

No. You get a new QB. In this case we already have our next QB on the roster.

I wouldn't bet on that

I don't think so. Maybe if he is glaringly exposed or something. Otherwise, he's got more time than that, is my sense.
  • AZZ
  • Veteran
nope..he will get atleast 4...book it
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
I think Sing gets at least 1 more year sfter this one ,that's less than most get.
If he keeps up the good work and if he and Jed and McG;loughan keep up their excellent work,then why even talk such nonsense. Sing says he thinks he can be the greatest HC who ever lived,so as Sing says,"show us don't tell us". We know McGloughan is doing a fine job and is thought of highly around the league by people like Ron Wolfe and Mike Holmgren and Bill Parcells etc. We are lucky to have such a fine young executive that will grow along with the fine young fiery owner and the fiery new HC.
Be happy guys,things are looking up,finally !
NO

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Singletary will get at least 2 years as well he should but the question is will Jimmy Raye get another year if the offense totally bombs like it did with Hostler?

Now this is a more interesting one. I think the coordinators tend to go first. If the O carries on this way I think we will have a new guy next year.

That will make a change!!
I think Singletary gets another year easily as long as he doesn't make a ton of poor decisions and the the team doesn't fall flat on their face. I don't see either of those two things happening. Just for example. For me it will come down to things like if we start the season lacking a pass rush again ------ does he work with Manusky to find answers quickly to address it. For me it will be how quickly does he address problems that arise and how successful is the fix. Singletary doesn't strike me as a guy who won't be prepared.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 7, 2009 at 05:48:05 ]
Need a new GM and Coach after this year.
Unless he absolutely falls on his face or causes a huge amount of embarrassment for the 49ers in some sort of scandal, then Singletary is going to get three seasons to prove himself.
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
If he bombs this season with a 6-11 record or worse I definitely see him AND McCloughan getting fired in favor of Shanahan or Holmgren.

How about Shanahan (HC) and Holmgren (GM).....

J/K

I dont think Sing will bomb and there is obviously a reason those guys are sitting on the sidelines. Sing did well defying the odds and crafting a winning record after taking over in the middle of the season. I dont know that thats happened before or it's only happened a few times. Nobody expected it.
Share 49ersWebzone