There are 671 users in the forums
Realistic Expectations for this season
Sep 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
- mrbusinessman499
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,490
our defense is crap our offense is worse shaun hill looks lost our oline looks lost when hill drops back to pass our wr core aint that great our rb core is pretty good we have no pass rush at all i see us winin only 6 o 7 games just cuz we fired nolon dosnt make us a great team we are average at best
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:35 AM
- bigmur49
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,164
I read different media around the net and have yet to see something that says the Niners are better than 7 wins. Several have said 4 or 5. I know I am a homer and I don't have a problem with that, but am I dellusional too? I see us as 9-7, maybe win the West, get blown out in the 1st round.
Gore and running backs - Supposedly top 5 in the league
WR's - supposedly tons of depth and a few playmakers
TE - supposedly the most physically talented TE in the league
Staley - supposedly very good LT
Justin Smith - supposedly a good/great sack artist
Willis - the best/one of the best LB's in the league
Lawson - supposedly great cover LB with tremendous speed to get to the QB
Haralyson - supposedly great at providing QB pressure
Clements - supposedly "lockdown"
Bly - supposedly very big playmaker
This is talent at 10 of the 20 positions on the field at any time. (WR as 2).
If you've got above average/very good/great players at half the spots and at least average everywhere else shouldn't we be way better?? Am I just a pathetic homer or are we sceretly going to have a great year and the rest of the football world has no idea yet?
Gore and running backs - Supposedly top 5 in the league
WR's - supposedly tons of depth and a few playmakers
TE - supposedly the most physically talented TE in the league
Staley - supposedly very good LT
Justin Smith - supposedly a good/great sack artist
Willis - the best/one of the best LB's in the league
Lawson - supposedly great cover LB with tremendous speed to get to the QB
Haralyson - supposedly great at providing QB pressure
Clements - supposedly "lockdown"
Bly - supposedly very big playmaker
This is talent at 10 of the 20 positions on the field at any time. (WR as 2).
If you've got above average/very good/great players at half the spots and at least average everywhere else shouldn't we be way better?? Am I just a pathetic homer or are we sceretly going to have a great year and the rest of the football world has no idea yet?
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:38 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
too many supposedlys in there that should answer your question
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:40 AM
- 3rdGenNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 265
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I read different media around the net and have yet to see something that says the Niners are better than 7 wins. Several have said 4 or 5. I know I am a homer and I don't have a problem with that, but am I dellusional too? I see us as 9-7, maybe win the West, get blown out in the 1st round.
Gore and running backs - Supposedly top 5 in the league
WR's - supposedly tons of depth and a few playmakers
TE - supposedly the most physically talented TE in the league
Staley - supposedly very good LT
Justin Smith - supposedly a good/great sack artist
Willis - the best/one of the best LB's in the league
Lawson - supposedly great cover LB with tremendous speed to get to the QB
Haralyson - supposedly great at providing QB pressure
Clements - supposedly "lockdown"
Bly - supposedly very big playmaker
This is talent at 10 of the 20 positions on the field at any time. (WR as 2).
If you've got above average/very good/great players at half the spots and at least average everywhere else shouldn't we be way better?? Am I just a pathetic homer or are we sceretly going to have a great year and the rest of the football world has no idea yet?
funny
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:47 AM
- bigmur49
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,164
That was kind of my point. In my mind they are supposed to be good. Are they not actually good? Our D has a bunch of names on it (Justin Smith, Lawson, Haralyson, Bly etc) but are any of them ACTUALLY good, or just names?? Clements is the one I am least sure about, I don't think he is really bad, but is he above avg even?
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM
- 49ersBest1
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,958
The word of the day "supposedly".
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,854
I am really beginning to like the underdog role we are being given around the league. This will help give this team a bit of extra motivation. This is going to be a very tough & exciting year I think.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM
- rxrunner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,364
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
The word of the day "supposedly".
this
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM
- dbdublin
- Veteran
- Posts: 881
Most national media types seem to have us right around .500. They think we are pretty good but not quite there yet. I can understand how they would think that. The team still has some question marks and some flaws, and is probably still a year away. The QB question has to be answered and the offensive line and pass rush still need to be addressed. Plus the schedule is pretty tough with the Colts, Titans, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Bears, and Packers outside the division. I don't think anyone would be shocked if the Niners finished 9 -7 though.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:18 AM
- tjd808185
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,075
Originally posted by tohara3:
I am really beginning to like the underdog role we are being given around the league. This will help give this team a bit of extra motivation. This is going to be a very tough & exciting year I think.
We've had that role for the past 6 years. Hasn't done us any good.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by tjd808185:Originally posted by tohara3:
I am really beginning to like the underdog role we are being given around the league. This will help give this team a bit of extra motivation. This is going to be a very tough & exciting year I think.
We've had that role for the past 6 years. Hasn't done us any good.
Don't say that we all know what commentators say about the niners iw what's gonna decide if this team is good or bad. It has nothing to do with talent and coaching. It's all about being an underdog.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,854
Originally posted by tjd808185:Originally posted by tohara3:
I am really beginning to like the underdog role we are being given around the league. This will help give this team a bit of extra motivation. This is going to be a very tough & exciting year I think.
We've had that role for the past 6 years. Hasn't done us any good.
True! We are gonna have to prove ourselves against the good teams not just our division.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM
- Moonshae_D
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,918
Thread title fail.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM
- 5xChamp
- Veteran
- Posts: 909
Too many supposedly's and Potentials on your team will get you what we have now, NO RESPECT from the league.
Sep 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
I know we are better than 4-5. I'd say 7 at the least, 9 at the most. If we make the playoffs I doubt we get blown out because our style of play will mean lots of lot scoring or at least close ball games.