Originally posted by DaveWilcox: Where did all the gloom and doomers come from?
I picked 10-6 in the PYMWYMI topic and I am sticking to it?
Gloom and doom came in incriments:
1) Season-ending injury for one of our better corners in Harris.
2) Retirement of expected OT depth in Smith
3) Injury of our deep threat in Jones
4) Neither QB looking great in pre-season while playing with starters
5) Pass rush still looks iffy
6) Unknown injury to Ahmad Brooks who looks better at pass-rushing than Manny Lawson
7) Arnez Battle possibly beating out Josh Morgan at WR
8) Tazer tricking no one
9) Barry Sims at OT
Despite all of this, I'm still hoping for the best. Seriously I am.
Until the 3rd pre-season game, i was feeling pretty optimistic and almost cocky; but after watching our "vanilla" defense allow Romo to sit in the pocket all day.
I have a feeling our D is going to wear down and allow teams to run us off the field. Once again, i hope i'm wrong, but now i'm preparing for a 7 win season.
This site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.