There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Realistic Expectations for this season

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Im changing my offseason prediction of 9-7 to 3-13. jimmy raye is the 80 year old version of jim hostler.

I'll stick with 7-9
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Im changing my offseason prediction of 9-7 to 3-13. jimmy raye is the 80 year old version of jim hostler.

You just saw pre-season damn ------ I'll stick with 7-9 or maybe 8-8 baring injuries.

Let's face it our pass rush will be very simular to last season , and our pass blocking probably will be slightly improved without the 7 step drops and Martz. Our run game will be improved and we will see more from our passing offense than what we have seen so far in pre-season. I wouldn't go into the season expecting to see the playoffs but it could still happen.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 5, 2009 at 03:57:46 ]
Oh boy, I'm getting nervous about how they've been playing...I've gotta go with 5-11
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Yeah this is a 5 to 7 win team. They look really tired from the camp, we might have the most dormant pass rush in the entire league by a mile, and our right tackle situation is pretty much the same as last year. Our running game looks to be pretty good, but we're going to be looking at 8 guys in the box all year.

I'm not in the belief that young teams with a lot to prove will go through the preseason saving most of their tricks for the regular season. I think what we've seen in these 4 games is basically what we will be this year.

I still think we'll be a pretty tough out when it comes to home games, but this team does none of the things you need to do in order to beat winning teams on the road.

I mean what it really comes down to is a pass rush and pass protection. Why do we still suck so bad at both??
Sticking with 6-10 but leaning towards 5-11.
Am hoping that SD is REALLY REALLY good & thats the reason we did so poorly against them yesterday...........& that way at least we are a .500 club or slight better if not its going to be a loooooooooong season once again

5-11

if crabtree signs

7-9
6-10 to 7-9
Originally posted by ads_2006:
5-11

if crabtree signs

7-9

No way does a rookie receiver who hasn't worked out with the team do much of anything, let alone swing two games.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
5-11

if crabtree signs

7-9

No way does a rookie receiver who hasn't worked out with the team do much of anything, let alone swing two games.

If he signs before week one, he should be ready (at least) for the last four games.

The threat of having a wideout may take a man or two out of the box for the 49ers run game

and thats why I say 7-9.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
You guys are funny! Silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Delusions seem to run rampant and you guys need to open your eyes to the fact that it is preseason and we will crush the Cardinals. With your reactions you must think that Detroit was going to tear it up last year and the Cardinals are going to be the worst team in the league because after all they did go 1-3 in preseason. Sham-wow-tastic. And yeah I am taking note of you veteran posters who are riding the crazy train.

Anyways my realistic prejection is 10-6..

[ Edited by Nabisko on Sep 5, 2009 at 11:27:37 ]
  • ninermatt
  • Info N/A
The preseason is for getting in shape and trying out players. Teams do not want to show to much to other teams plus they don't have time to yet. Teams are trying to see what they've got, who has heart and who does not. Our pass rush was not rushing the passer. Why? First, future opponent's offensive linemen will be ready for blitzes if we do. Second, every game is critical this year and getting Arizona by surprise in as many areas as possible will be critical-expecially with Warner who drops back and throws so quickly. I think the 49ers will finish around 9-7 with a shot at making the playoffs this year. I don't think they make the playoffs on a regular basis until Singletary understands that running the ball is great, but you need to pass the ball short to offset the bad offensive line. Put it this way, get a quarterback, a west coast offensive coordinator who believes in a power running game and a tough defense then we'll be contenders every year. This year, we have the run game, the tough defense but lack the coordinator and the quarterback.
We could be a 4 win team, or a 10 win team. A lot of things could easily go wrong, and a lot of things could surprisingly go well.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
I think we are at best a 6 win team. With that said, the last 5 years I have been cautiously optomistic. This year, I think we'll suck. Hopefully, I am way off again.

Our passing game is horrible, and we don't have any pass rushers.
Can only see us winning 6 or 7 games have to upgrade QB and our pass rush to become winners.