There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Hill Really be our starter?

Should Hill Really be our starter?

  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,167
plain and simple gore is our offense, but we need a guy with more accuracy and poise. and maybe i cant rate the poise of davis going against 3rd string that well. But i can judge his accuracy against or with any string. and he has sure been more accurate and has had better ball placement than any qb on our team this offseason. except first game raye just had him end the game
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM ]
And what is my other screen name The truth? I have been a dyhard fan for over 30years. If you want to set there and say Hills ducks that he throws into the turf, that the announcers are trying to make it look O.K. by saying that was the best spot to throw it. But we all know that was the only spot he could throw because he does not have the arm strength required for an nfl qb. Then keep telling yourself that. Bottomline is they did not do enoughf for the qb spot and the outsidelinbacker A.k.A. passrush!!!
Lets all remember that Hill lights it up game days. Pre season, and practice, is not Hills game.. Hill has played horrible in practice and pre season over the last 3 season, but ummm 7-3 (cough cough) 18td 9int while taking over the last couple seasons. If Hill plays horrible the first 2-3 games then we can have this convo, but out of all 4 QBs.. Hill is a gamer, and has showed to be a very good QB over the last 2 seasons
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,135
Originally posted by Izyniner:
And what is my other screen name The truth? I have been a dyhard fan for over 30years. If you want to set there and say Hills ducks that he throws into the turf, that the announcers are trying to make it look O.K. by saying that was the best spot to throw it. But we all know that was the only spot he could throw because he does not have the arm strength required for an nfl qb. Then keep telling yourself that. Bottomline is they did not do enoughf for the qb spot and the outsidelinbacker A.k.A. passrush!!!

C'mon your a vet here, why hide behind another screen name. If you were a newb I would go through this discussion with you. But since you've already been through the QB competition thread there is no need to go on with you about this.
NO

should let alex have a chance to win it next week
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Lets all remember that Hill lights it up game days. Pre season, and practice, is not Hills game.. Hill has played horrible in practice and pre season over the last 3 season, but ummm 7-3 (cough cough) 18td 9int while taking over the last couple seasons. If Hill plays horrible the first 2-3 games then we can have this convo, but out of all 4 QBs.. Hill is a gamer, and has showed to be a very good QB over the last 2 seasons

whew

makes me feel so much better after his two horrible starts in a row.
hes been a guy so far with the niners to only show up when the game matters..who gives a fu** what he does in meaningless preseason games ..i saw what he did last year
Hill is no a starting QB he is ok off the bench but there is a reason he was not drafted. I recall saying we should sign Vick but no one wanted to listen. Now I see Aaron Rodgers out there lighting it up and it's disgusting because we should have him as our franchise QB. The ghost of McNolan still haunts us I think it's time for Scotty McJackass to go. Asside from Willis and Staley his drafts haven't been great and I think he is the one who didn't want Vick for whatever reasons probably scared it would scare away the Santa Clara voters. Hill gives us no chance of making the playoffs it's like the Nolan regime all over again. HOLMGREN VICK '10.
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Hill is no a starting QB he is ok off the bench but there is a reason he was not drafted. I recall saying we should sign Vick but no one wanted to listen. Now I see Aaron Rodgers out there lighting it up and it's disgusting because we should have him as our franchise QB. The ghost of McNolan still haunts us I think it's time for Scotty McJackass to go. Asside from Willis and Staley his drafts haven't been great and I think he is the one who didn't want Vick for whatever reasons probably scared it would scare away the Santa Clara voters. Hill gives us no chance of making the playoffs it's like the Nolan regime all over again. HOLMGREN VICK '10.



-9fA
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,314
Trade for Thigpen
No but we don't have a real starter on the team.
Originally posted by cools:
Trade for Thigpen

No. I supported putting in Smith. Always have for reasoning I've stated often on these boards.
Anyone else think that while Singletary shows all this confidence on the outside, that he is really s**tting his pants about the way the team has looked so far on the inside?
Originally posted by Apone:
Absolutely he gives us the best shot to go the super bowl.

To go to the super bowl?