Not a member? Register Now!

Should Hill Really be our starter?

Should Hill Really be our starter?

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He hasn't shown any inkling of being a starter all pre-season. This is not a thread about alex or davis being the starter. Simply' its about Hill not showing any sign of being an nfl starter. Last year he did go 7-3. I almost promise none of those teams were in the top 15 d. So share opinion if you like, but should shaun hill be our starter or are you nervous?

what rank was the Redskin's defense last year?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

ummmm....it is telling me they were ranked #4 in all the NFL.

also the Bills, Dolphins, Jets were ranked 14,15,16.

and I'm sure their ranks wouldn't have been better if they didn't have to play the Patriots 2 times that year.

really i still see them at the bottom?

what are you looking at herse a cut and paste

24 Washington Redskins 3 21 63 191 338.3 5.3 17.3 17 45 38 1 3 33 29 241 29:05 6 2

that's for the 2009 preseason stats

go to the top of the page and change it to 2008 regular season
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM ]
He hasn't shown any inkling of being a starter all pre-season. This is not a thread about alex or davis being the starter. Simply' its about Hill not showing any sign of being an nfl starter. Last year he did go 7-3. I almost promise none of those teams were in the top 15 d. So share opinion if you like, but should shaun hill be our starter or are you nervous?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

and I'm sure their ranks wouldn't have been better if they didn't have to play the Patriots 2 times that year.

Skins had a pretty good D last year, they did collapse at the end of the year after some injuries though. The Pats weren't as good last year as they have been recently though. Our D was the main reason we won down the stretch though, no questioning that.

The only games you can say Hill really sucked in were@AZ and @ St. Louis games...and every one he has thrown more than two passes in this year.
I dont know. i have a hard time saying he WON the qb competition because he didnt even have to play well to get the job. he didnt even play better than smith, niether of them were good, but he certainly didnt play like your average starter. ill give him a few games but he has got to show me something. living off of his accomplishment of 7-3, which isnt even much of an accomplishment for a GOOD starter calibre qb, isnt going to cut it anymore. he needs to start playing well.

24 Washington Redskins 3 21 63 191 338.3 5.3 17.3 17 45 38 1 3 33 29 241 29:05 6 2

google bars a b***h! but yeah you got me.... but that doesn't change the fact he has played like s**t this year. and that maybe 14th ranked d is the best defense hes won against. regaurdless its sing and the d that turned around our team last year with a hint of hill!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
Absolutely he gives us the best shot to go the super bowl.

Super Bowl? A clown like him would need the 85 Bear's defense on his side to make a Super Bowl, having one of their linebackers as a coach isn't enough.

I would not say he won the QB competition, the other guy lost it. Hill and Smith would be 3rd stringers on many teams. Davis is not even close to being considered yet.
Our QB situation is pathetic.
[ Edited by BobS on Aug 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Skins had a pretty good D last year, they did collapse at the end of the year after some injuries though. The Pats weren't as good last year as they have been recently though. Our D was the main reason we won down the stretch though, no questioning that.

The only games you can say Hill really sucked in were@AZ and @ St. Louis games...and every one he has thrown more than two passes in this year.

yeah Memphis, but the reason why our defense played alot better late last year was because of Shaun and Bruce and the other players on offense.... they sustain key drives against these teams that helped us win these games.....as well as helped our Defenses rest.

and in both Arizona and the Rams game....Hill struggled but did his part in bring us back to having a chance to win those games....and in the Rams case, we won....

and in the Arizona case....there was miscommunication....but we were in position to win the game.....as well as that Dolphins game....with Vernon being taken out and Sims left alone to block Porter on that key 4th down in the RedZone....

I know as a Starting QB....you wouldn't want to be in those situations in the first place....but that also a benefit to a good QB.....to be able to put your team in a situation to still win the game no matter what.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

google bars a b***h! but yeah you got me.... but that doesn't change the fact he has played like s**t this year. and that maybe 14th ranked d is the best defense hes won against. regaurdless its sing and the d that turned around our team last year with a hint of hill!

Calm down, it was Preseason. Sure he wasn't playing lights out this PRESEASON, but lets not jump to conclusion because of it. Lets come back to this, when we actually game plan for a team, have all our starters on the field at once, let our starting offense get into some type of rhythm with 4 quarters. Lets also throw that silly ass wildcat offense out the window, every time we ran those formations we come up dry.

BTW how the heck was Hill supposed to pass with blocking like that, Coffee whiffed on two blocks tonight that led to strong pressure up the middle and from the r-side.
  • NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Calm down, it was Preseason. Sure he wasn't playing lights out this PRESEASON, but lets not jump to conclusion because of it. Lets come back to this, when we actually game plan for a team, have all our starters on the field at once, let our starting offense get into some type of rhythm with 4 quarters. Lets also throw that silly ass wildcat offense out the window, every time we ran those formations we come up dry.

BTW how the heck was Hill supposed to pass with blocking like that, Coffee whiffed on two blocks tonight that led to strong pressure up the middle and from the r-side.
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:

tonight? hill hasnt thrown all pre season let alone tonight? dallas was a better d than the raiders, but damn he accomplished nothing. the one pass that looked decent morgan (i think) saved his ass diving
  • Mex49
Somebody please look at the dialogue between Sing and Hill just before half.

No bueno
9ers qbs suck this orginization had the chance to land a franchise qb in Cutler or Vick and chose to sit on there hands. Just pathetic even Redman from atlanta looks better than hill and smith. They really dropped the ball this offseason especially after recieving an additional first for next year. They should have made some moves because the rest of the team looks decent. Oline will be better with Bass and Snyder back but COME ON!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Izyniner:
9ers qbs suck this orginization had the chance to land a franchise qb in Cutler or Vick and chose to sit on there hands. Just pathetic even Redman from atlanta looks better than hill and smith. They really dropped the ball this offseason especially after recieving an additional first for next year. They should have made some moves because the rest of the team looks decent. Oline will be better with Bass and Snyder back but COME ON!!!!!!!

"A" for the newb!
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

tonight? hill hasnt thrown all pre season let alone tonight? dallas was a better d than the raiders, but damn he accomplished nothing. the one pass that looked decent morgan (i think) saved his ass diving

Lets see what he accomplished:

1st game - 2 for 2 41 yards - one drive

2nd game - 3 for 7 20 yards - 7 pass plays to 10 rushing plays, how are you evaluating any QB after 7 passing plays??

3rd game - 9 for 17 79 yards - Tony Romo was 11 for 17 no TD's also 1 INT, and Romo had all day in the pocket, he wasn't sacked once.

So may I remind you:

Quote:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Why didn't you just use your other screen name to post this.

Lets see what he accomplished:

1st game - 2 for 2 41 yards - one drive

2nd game - 3 for 7 20 yards - 7 pass plays to 10 rushing plays, how are you evaluating any QB after 7 passing plays??

3rd game - 9 for 17 79 yards - Tony Romo was 11 for 17 no TD's also 1 INT, and Romo had all day in the pocket, he wasn't sacked once.

So may I remind you:

Quote:

coffee carried the whole team second game, i cant rate hill handing the ball off. but he really didn't imo move the chains with his arm. i know balanced.... but i think you get my point, and this is just my opinion
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 29, 2009 at 11:44 PM ]