LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 158 users in the forums

What's up with Alex Smith's Thumb, Will he play next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:
WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!! I hate to break it to u'll but our Starting QB, and the back-up Alexa Smith r playing horrible....Can u imagin in the regular season whats teams will have in store 4 our starting QB, they gonna bring the house @ our QB's and.....Im just lost 4 words....

Michael Vick isn't eligible to play in the regular season until Week 6, which is when Goodell will make his decision to reinstate him fully or not.

If we had signed him, we'd still be in the exact same boat.

See, this is why people need to know the facts before they post.
Will Smith get a injury settlement and just retire?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

For what.

His shoulder is healed, he's just got a sprained thumb.
Originally posted by linkboy:
WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!! I hate to break it to u'll but our Starting QB, and the back-up Alexa Smith r playing horrible....Can u imagin in the regular season whats teams will have in store 4 our starting QB, they gonna bring the house @ our QB's and.....Im just lost 4 words....

Michael Vick isn't eligible to play in the regular season until Week 6, which is when Goodell will make his decision to reinstate him fully or not.

If we had signed him, we'd still be in the exact same boat.

See, this is why people need to know the facts before they post.

but he'd be available in Madden.

/thread.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

For what.

His shoulder is healed, he's just got a sprained thumb.

it is what you would call a joke!

It would be an honorable way out for Smith and the Niners to part ways, Scotty would not have to say he was wrong,(Smith over Rodgers), and Smith could say he would have lived up to the hype if only it weren't for his thumb! LOL
Originally posted by B650:

Mike Vick is basically an older, less dog friendly version of Nate Davis. I'll stick to our QBs for now, thank you.

LOL at "Less dog friendly"
Who cares, Alex Smith is a bust and needs to get out of San Fran
he will be starting by week 3.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
hopefully

hill sucks

lol, if Hill sucks, than Alex is just garbage, #1 in all of college football, supposedly the best player in all of college football at one time
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
hopefully

hill sucks

lol, if Hill sucks, than Alex is just garbage, #1 in all of college football, supposedly the best player in all of college football at one time

yeah and hill is showing why he was and should always be a backup!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith showed a little improvement this preseason, we really have nothing to lose by putting Smith in if Hill is going to play like this. Unless the offensive line improves their pass blocking dramatically, this is all just rhetorical because no QB can pass laying on the ground. It would be a mistake to throw Davis to the dogs at this point, we all see what it did to Smith. We need to treat this kid right and make sure he is prepared before we throw him in with the big dogs.

100% correct....Alex Smith would be a completely different player if we waited say 2 years to start him. Let Davis be 3rd string for a year or 2, then put him in competition for the job. Guy's got a learning disability I want him to have ample time to fullly understand the NFL.
Originally posted by B650:

Mike Vick is basically an older, less dog friendly version of Nate Davis. I'll stick to our QBs for now, thank you.

vick is like a rocket launcher with no guidance equipment. i think Nate Davis is pretty accurate and he makes good decisions
Originally posted by King49er:
Who cares, Alex Smith is a bust and needs to get out of San Fran

looks better than shaun hill... seriously man i thought you were better than that.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith showed a little improvement this preseason, we really have nothing to lose by putting Smith in if Hill is going to play like this. Unless the offensive line improves their pass blocking dramatically, this is all just rhetorical because no QB can pass laying on the ground. It would be a mistake to throw Davis to the dogs at this point, we all see what it did to Smith. We need to treat this kid right and make sure he is prepared before we throw him in with the big dogs.

100% correct....Alex Smith would be a completely different player if we waited say 2 years to start him. Let Davis be 3rd string for a year or 2, then put him in competition for the job. Guy's got a learning disability I want him to have ample time to fullly understand the NFL.

These
Who gives a f**k. I've seen enough of him to know what we have in him.
Share 49ersWebzone