There are 209 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Its a mixture of the wr's, o-line, qb's and playcalling.
This could be discussed in the post-game offense analysis thread. Therefore, this is a free thread! Woohoo!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128896
Here ya go!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Ok, I tried to be positive about Hill, but come on people. He looked terrible again tonight, we need QB help. At this rate, I would just as soon have Smith in, at least he throws to the receivers. Our offensive line needs to figure out pass blocking asap or it won't matter who is taking snaps though.

Totally agree, Hill is a backup, not a starter. Smith should be the starter.
Originally posted by dugo:
Here we are 3rd preseason game done and I for one haven't seen much from any of our receivers. Is it due to the receivers not getting any separation ,or bad route running? Possibly bad play calling as well,or the o-line and the pass protection? Or just bad QB play? I personally see it as a combination of all of the above and if that's truly the case its gonna be a long season. Any thoughts or opinions?

Please don't mention anything about Crabtree he's not even a part of the team...yet

We have the same receivers and quarterbacks and line we had last year.

The play calling has been run run 3rd and long. And if not that then run run run run run run run run run score.

There is no rhythm with this type of offense.

Same players. What has changed? The offensive coordinator has changed.

"We want to run the ball."

Well, this is what a team who "wants to run the ball" looks like.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM ]
Bad execution by tham all.
Anyone else think that Dashon Goldson kind of looks like Marshawn Lynch?

Well..not really, but still
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No its bad QB play and bad O line play. Along with bad offensive play calling. Martz made the offense look good, I think he will be missed. This play calling looks very Hostlerish. I hope I'm wrong though, I don't wonna watch another s**tty season.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Ok, I tried to be positive about Hill, but come on people. He looked terrible again tonight, we need QB help. At this rate, I would just as soon have Smith in, at least he throws to the receivers. Our offensive line needs to figure out pass blocking asap or it won't matter who is taking snaps though.

Because Smith's superb play and amazing feel for the game was undeniable during the preseason.
i think it was QB play. Hill was way off tonight and everyone but davis was off in the last game. i think hill stares his receivers down too much so the defense knows where he's going. he doesnt progress through his reads quickly like nate davis does. and he was missing the spot tonight, throwing high and low and rarely in between

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

oh and this right here...

Quote:
I would just as soon have Smith in, at least he throws to the receivers.

again,
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwilly52:
This could be discussed in the post-game offense analysis thread. Therefore, this is a free thread! Woohoo!

Yeah it could be, only its been something I've noticed in all 3 preseason games,not just tonite against Dallas .Although the 1st game against Denver the receivers were a little more productive.
[ Edited by dugo on Aug 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM ]
Just my thoughts:

Coffee had a horrible night in pass blocking. He whiffed twice
Nate and Kory lead a 49ers comeback for the 2nd week in a row. They made this team.
Roman had a good game surprisingly
Reggie Smith is getting turnovers every week

I'll have to rewatch the game tomorrow
  • Apone
  • Veteran
most likely, its definitely not shaun hill.
Originally posted by dugo:
Originally posted by pwilly52:

Yeah it could be, only its been something I've noticed in all 3 preseason games. .Although the 1st game against Denver the receivers were a little more productive.

While it has been happening all preseason, I'm assuming that this would either be locked or merged with a similar thread. But this is a completely valid topic. Our WR's have struggled some, but it is probably like you've said due to our quarter backs.
Share 49ersWebzone