LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

[Stupid] Time for Singletary to step down as "face of the franchise".

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This article is so full of shiet, we already have faces for the franchise just not nationally, when we start winning some games the willis, gores, hills etc et will take their place next to the head coach who by the way, will never stop being one of the faces of the team even if we win a lot.
I love that Singletary has given this team an identity. Whenever I hear his "I want winners" speech I'm ready to go run through a wall for him!

This is typical Chron garbage, and a good example why the paper is going out of business.
You're giving him what he wants.......attention.
That's a couple minutes of my life that I'll never get back again.
He has a good point. If we had Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, etc, the head coach wouldn't be the person NFL network and ESPN focused on. Not that I care what the networks are saying, but the focus on our coach or GM is just more evidence that the 49ers are woefully thin on player talent.

We've certainly drafted high enough and spent enough F.A. money to obtain "face of franchise" type players, but for the most part we've whiffed.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I thought his point made sense. To be honest i stopped reading after the first paragraph cuz I figured I had his point, but we need Gore, Willis, Hill etc. to become the face of the team because it means we're winning! What's wrong with that?

It's a nonsense problem. Frank Gore and Patrick Willis are already faces of the franchise. So is Singletary. It's a ridiculous nonsensical assumption to make an article and passively bash the team while he's at it. Someone show me an article where he once says "The 49ers are a good team" or "I hope they succeed" or "Things are looking promising".

and there is zero problem with a coach being the face of the franchse. think of all the great teams? the HC was one of the faces.

Not to mention our coach is unlike any other coach. In the article he mentions that Bill Walsh was the face of the franchise for the two years that they stunk, but Bill Walsh was just a coach, albeit it he turned out to be the best coach in history. Mike Singletary is not just a coach, he is a Hall Of Fame player and one of the best ever at his position. EVERYONE KNOWS MIKE SINGLETARY. Why wouldn't he be the face of the franchise? Even if we start winning, even if we win a SuperBowl, even if we get an elite QB and other elite playmakers, Mike Singletary will STILL be the face of this franchise because of who he is.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
I love that Singletary has given this team an identity. Whenever I hear his "I want winners" speech I'm ready to go run through a wall for him!

This is typical Chron garbage, and a good example why the paper is going out of business.

this
Originally posted by Winners:
Ray Ratto is such an annoying dbag.
Singletary should step down as face of franchise

Anyone ever heard him say anything positive about the 49ers at all?

Ray "fatto" Rattio =
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I thought his point made sense. To be honest i stopped reading after the first paragraph cuz I figured I had his point, but we need Gore, Willis, Hill etc. to become the face of the team because it means we're winning! What's wrong with that?

ding ding ding you are correct sir!!!!!!

please stupid people please refrain from reading this article!

It's already been said, but we already have faces of the franchise. When you ask any person with any football knowledge, "Hey, who plays for the 49ers?", they will all answer Willis and Gore. That isn't a problem. This guy just made this article because he needed to write something. It's stupid and there is no need to get worked up about anything.

Of course he did that is how he pays his bills!

Of course he could always wright the same crap as everybody else that we read every day! At least he is thinking of a new angle! Rat could do the smith hurt his thumb, hill was 4-8 in afternoon, practice davis had a nice catch in 7on7.... bla bla bla bull crap that the Mats always bring us.... or he could think up something new!

Rats point is right, it is exactly right, the whole point is, losing teams have non player "Faces" winning teams have player 'Faces", the whole point is when Willis or Gore or some player captures the attention of people nation wide, not just here in the zone, that will be a sign that the niners have become a better team!

Nothing against Sing is intended, it is a positive story about a team poised to make a big step forward!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I bet 80% of people just read the title and didn't actually read the entire article.

I don't necessarily agree with Ratto, but it's not a bad article at all.

Originally posted by pwilly52:

ding ding ding you are correct sir!!!!!!

please stupid people please refrain from reading this article!

It's already been said, but we already have faces of the franchise. When you ask any person with any football knowledge, "Hey, who plays for the 49ers?", they will all answer Willis and Gore. That isn't a problem. This guy just made this article because he needed to write something. It's stupid and there is no need to get worked up about anything.

Of course he did that is how he pays his bills!

Of course he could always wright the same crap as everybody else that we read every day! At least he is thinking of a new angle! Rat could do the smith hurt his thumb, hill was 4-8 in afternoon, practice davis had a nice catch in 7on7.... bla bla bla bull crap that the Mats always bring us.... or he could think up something new!

Rats point is right, it is exactly right, the whole point is, losing teams have non player "Faces" winning teams have player 'Faces", the whole point is when Willis or Gore or some player captures the attention of people nation wide, not just here in the zone, that will be a sign that the niners have become a better team!

Nothing against Sing is intended, it is a positive story about a team poised to make a big step forward!

Okay, put like that it makes sense. I just re-read the article, and Rattio pointed out that Nolan was the face of our franchise during his time here. At a second glance, the article isn't that bad.

The problem is the negative connotation of "step down". It sounds like Singletary has failed in some respect and should step down. This is a sensationalized title to increase readership. Weak sauce.
Share 49ersWebzone