There are 187 users in the forums

**Update** Marvel Smith retiring (Confirmed)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I kind of figured we wouldnt be able to count on him when he wasnt practicing with all the other players. time to get on the phone with tauscher or jones. i dont want to go after runyan because of the microfracture.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Esco:
Everyone would have gone ape**** if we had selected anyone but Crabtree at 10. 20/20 hindsight is speaking now.

Thats not true at all....Im sure there would have been some tools on here flipping out, but if you look up some old threads you will see a handfull of people on here did not want him here....I was one of them saying I dont want him and didnt think he was is going to be very good at all....If we do sign him, I sure as hell hope he tears it up.
I did not expect to much from Marvel Smith but I sure as sh*t expected more than this. I was hoping that the steelers would look stupid for letting him go but maybe we look stupid. I have not seen Smith play in the preseason, has he?
Hill better be prepared.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Great job by McClueless addressing the RT and pass rush situation. This season is going to bad because the front office did not come through once again.

we did address it with the signing of Marvel Smith, yeah of course it looks bad now because he is retiring, but who knew, you cant predict the future.

The dude had a bad back, thats why no other teams showed any interest in him. Thats not addressing the situation. Trading that 2nd round pick does not look so smart now.

Its like they are willing to starve right now, to eat a in the future.

We got a 1st rounder for a very strong draft class...

Yah but we also have no current starting RT.
Great job by McClueless addressing the RT and pass rush situation. This season is going to bad because the front office did not come through once again.

we did address it with the signing of Marvel Smith, yeah of course it looks bad now because he is retiring, but who knew, you cant predict the future.

The dude had a bad back, thats why no other teams showed any interest in him. Thats not addressing the situation. Trading that 2nd round pick does not look so smart now.

Snyder will be back next week...don't worry.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

ouch...

Time to trade the rights to Crabtree, I am dead serious.

Well you will have to wait till March to do so.
He cant be traded even if we do a sign and trade.

We will when the season starts not to mention the RT free agent class is still deep. Jones, Runyan and Tauscher will be suitable back ups.
Bummer. Let's hope Barry Sims doesn't get Hill killed tomorrow. We'll probably see a lot of Vernon lining up on the right side.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

Snyder is not starting material. Only reason he has the job is because Smith's back is bad and we have nobody else.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Snyder is not starting material. Only reason he has the job is because Smith's back is bad and we have nobody else.

He hasn't played bad so far, if Sing is happy with him then I am.

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hey Matt only speaks the truth
now we have to wait to see if any quality RT's get cut
after the 53 man roster cut

he wont get cut unless he is retired i think he can play as a backup hopefullt he doesnt retire andIMO we need to draft a OT next year

shouldve drafted the ot this year! screw scott

cmon you cant blame scotty for taking crabtree over oher crabtree second best player in the draft behind curry
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hey Matt only speaks the truth
now we have to wait to see if any quality RT's get cut
after the 53 man roster cut

he wont get cut unless he is retired i think he can play as a backup hopefullt he doesnt retire andIMO we need to draft a OT next year

shouldve drafted the ot this year! screw scott

cmon you cant blame scotty for taking crabtree over oher crabtree second best player in the draft behind curry

Seriously, if we skipped on Crabtree everyone would want Scotty fired
  • TheChosenOne
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
I can has a glassman JR?

• MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
looks like the bengals really don't want to pay #6 money for Andre Smith... check out the article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ross_tucker/08/28/mail/index.html?eref=sihp

we should just buy that contract.. pay him what he wants and now we have our RT problem all solved.. that would also almost make up for not signing crabbypants cus its like we got the #6 pick... thoughts?
Originally posted by MikeyVnutz:
looks like the bengals really don't want to pay #6 money for Andre Smith... check out the article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ross_tucker/08/28/mail/index.html?eref=sihp

we should just buy that contract.. pay him what he wants and now we have our RT problem all solved.. that would also almost make up for not signing crabbypants cus its like we got the #6 pick... thoughts?

lol crabtree for andre smith anyone?
Share 49ersWebzone