There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update** Marvel Smith retiring (Confirmed)

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per Pro Football Talk, it is done -

Marvel Smith Retiring

man, damn.

new OL for 2009.

C- Heitmann, Wallace
G- Baas, Rachal, Wragge
T- Staley, Snyder, Sims and either Boone or Bender.

Who is available via FA?
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.

There is a reason why they are available just like there is a reason why Marvel Smith was available. The Ravens passed on him becuase they didn't feel his back could hold up.

Runyan, Jones and Tauscher have not had health issue. They are LT so they demand more money. We signed Smith because of his issue and because he is a RT, hence the discounted price. One of those three will cost more but you have to do what you have to do.

Runyan is a RT and has real bad knee problems. I believe he had micro-fracture surgery in the offseason. Despite that, the guy has never missed a game and played all last year with a broken tailbone. Runyan is a machine

Thats an oxymoron. Bad knee problems but never missed a game. LOL. You are right about the RT thing, my bad.

LOL... It sounds fuked up, but im dead serious.

Link to micro-fracture surgery

Hasnt missed a start since 1997
this gives boone more PT in preseason games

lets see if he can be good
Originally posted by jreff22:

Marvel Smith Retiring

man, damn.

new OL for 2009.

C- Heitmann, Wallace
G- Baas, Rachal, Wragge

Who is available via FA?

Runyan, Levi Jones, Tcuscher to name a few. Time to contact thier agents.
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.

There is a reason why they are available just like there is a reason why Marvel Smith was available. The Ravens passed on him becuase they didn't feel his back could hold up.

Runyan, Jones and Tauscher have not had health issue. They are LT so they demand more money. We signed Smith because of his issue and because he is a RT, hence the discounted price. One of those three will cost more but you have to do what you have to do.

Runyan is a RT and has real bad knee problems. I believe he had micro-fracture surgery in the offseason. Despite that, the guy has never missed a game and played all last year with a broken tailbone. Runyan is a machine

Thats an oxymoron. Bad knee problems but never missed a game. LOL. You are right about the RT thing, my bad.

LOL I believed you. Just saying he is cleared to play and is a stud. He won't need to start anyway.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Marvel Smith Retiring

man, damn.

new OL for 2009.

C- Heitmann, Wallace
G- Baas, Rachal, Wragge

Who is available via FA?

Runyan, Levi Jones, Tcuscher to name a few. Time to contact thier agents.

Id be on the horn to all 3 of their agents right now... I dont understand why we employ Simms when these guys are still out there
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
You'd think Smith was Harris Barton with some of the reactions around here...hmm..

Anyway...this almost guarantees that a T will be selected at SOME point in next year's draft...

LOL I believed you. Just saying he is cleared to play and is a stud. He won't need to start anyway.

LOL.. Just covering my post

Runyan is a fukin warrior. Id sign him up right now
Great job by McClueless addressing the RT and pass rush situation. This season is going to bad because the front office did not come through once again.
Originally posted by susweel:
Great job by McClueless addressing the RT and pass rush situation. This season is going to bad because the front office did not come through once again.

we did address it with the signing of Marvel Smith, yeah of course it looks bad now because he is retiring, but who knew, you cant predict the future.

Always with you...
Originally posted by valrod33:

we did address it with the signing of Marvel Smith, yeah of course it looks bad now because he is retiring, but who knew, you cant predict the future.

The dude had a bad back, thats why no other teams showed any interest in him. Thats not addressing the situation. Trading that 2nd round pick does not look so smart now.

Its like they are willing to starve right now, to eat a in the future.
Our running game looked great without him. I'm not to worried

LOL.. Just covering my post

Runyan is a fukin warrior. Id sign him up right now

Originally posted by valrod33:

The dude had a bad back, thats why no other teams showed any interest in him. Thats not addressing the situation. Trading that 2nd round pick does not look so smart now.

Its like they are willing to starve right now, to eat a in the future.

We got a 1st rounder for a very strong draft class...