LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

**Update** Marvel Smith retiring (Confirmed)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by olapac:
Even if Snyder does well this year, there's a high probability that 1 of the 2 first round picks next year will be used on a tackle. I think both Sims and Boone make the team.

Not taking Oher (even though Crabtree was the right pick at the moment) looks huge.

At least we have 2 first round picks next year.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DANADA:
wow this would be the worst off season ever he was our big signing and Crabtree hasn't signed

he was hardly our "big" signing...

he simply was the low risk high reward guy that we decided to roll the dice on.

-9fA

so who would u say our big signing was?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hey Matt only speaks the truth
now we have to wait to see if any quality RT's get cut
after the 53 man roster cut

he wont get cut unless he is retired i think he can play as a backup hopefullt he doesnt retire andIMO we need to draft a OT next year
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Should of drafted Michael Oher.... Dam this is going to hurt us if he retired

Yup, Im not big on Snyder at all. This will hurt us big time.

BOOOOOOOOONE!

This! I am so hoping!

It is not the end of the world, but it does suck about Smith. Snyder will be back for the opener and I am hoping Boone will show enough to leap over Sims in case Snyder gets injured.

C'mon Boone!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he wont get cut unless he is retired i think he can play as a backup hopefullt he doesnt retire andIMO we need to draft a OT next year

ehh, we needed a OT even after signing Smith, im not sold on Snyder at all, wish we drafted Oher now, especially after this Crabtree BS.
Taking Crabtree over Oher could really, really come back to hurt us and haunt us for years to come.

yep chalk this one up as another fantastic move by scotty

shouldve drafted the ot this year! screw scott
Originally posted by wailers15:

yep chalk this one up as another fantastic move by scotty

Can't blame Scot M. Nobody has a crystal ball.

Speculation
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

ehh, we needed a OT even after signing Smith, im not sold on Snyder at all, wish we drafted Oher now, especially after this Crabtree BS.

Really AB? I really respect your points of view so what if Crabtree signed on time? Would anyone still feel the same way?

The reason I bring this up is that no matter what we are in need of both ROT and WR position given injuries. If Snyder was healthy AND Jones, then we wouldn't be in such a pickle.

Well, this is the NFL and we have injuries. That is why quality depth is so important to maintain a championship level, let alone just try to play with good personnel.

IMO, Crabtree is still worth the pain especially if he gets signed before the season starts. If he goes into the season w/o, then of course he was a bad signing as no player is ever worth it after that. We would tolerate Crabtee if he's successful. If he isn't, oh the chit will hit the fan from all the back lash from media and fans alike.

If Smith retires, it certainly would be a set back, but not the end of the world.

Patience is wearing thin at all levels it seems.
Hopefully Boone steps up. If not there are some big name LT's still on the market. Levi Jones, Jon Runyan and Mark Tauscher to name a few.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Really AB? I really respect your points of view so what if Crabtree signed on time? Would anyone still feel the same way?

The reason I bring this up is that no matter what we are in need of both ROT and WR position given injuries. If Snyder was healthy AND Jones, then we wouldn't be in such a pickle.

Well, this is the NFL and we have injuries. That is why quality depth is so important to maintain a championship level, let alone just try to play with good personnel.

IMO, Crabtree is still worth the pain especially if he gets signed before the season starts. If he goes into the season w/o, then of course he was a bad signing as no player is ever worth it after that. We would tolerate Crabtee if he's successful. If he isn't, oh the chit will hit the fan from all the back lash from media and fans alike.

If Smith retires, it certainly would be a set back, but not the end of the world.

Patience is wearing thin at all levels it seems.

i really hope Crabs signs, and then we get our Tackle in 2010, theres a few good ones in the 2010 draft, namely Trent Willliams, Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, Sam Young, etc...

But if Crabs doesnt sign, then we are screwed, we wasted the 10th pick on a punk diva WR, and we have nothing to show for it.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by olapac:
Even if Snyder does well this year, there's a high probability that 1 of the 2 first round picks next year will be used on a tackle. I think both Sims and Boone make the team.

Not taking Oher (even though Crabtree was the right pick at the moment) looks huge.

At least we have 2 first round picks next year.

Yeah and we need an OT, possible a WR or two, maybe a QB, a pass rusher....
Share 49ersWebzone