There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update** Marvel Smith retiring (Confirmed)

Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Hate to bring it up today but.....

Michael Ohr is starting in Ravens land and by all reports the kid is a B-E-A-S-T!

Now if only the other Michael (Craptree) becomes a beast will I be happy.

Did you really need to start a new thread reiterating this? Why would you post this twice?
This?

Uhmmmm. lets see, oh I know.... because I wanted to hear what you had to say!

Seriously, ever thread you make gets damn near locked.

Weird, ain't it.... they are some of the "best threads" started.

Why don't you stop creating threads and just post in current ones, it's easier to get your point across that way.

Michael Ohr is starting in Ravens land and by all reports the kid is a B-E-A-S-T!

Did you really need to start a new thread reiterating this? Why would you post this twice?
This?

Your threads are general and don't have any insight. They are basically just your opinions.

Anyways. If Smith does retire we have a problem at RT. Snyder was injured in that last game. It was not serious but those things tend to add up. We should sign another tackle immidietly. I wonder what Jonas Jennings is doing? Hahaha just kidding he blows. Maybe Boone or one of the other young guys can step it up?
Again, as I've said before. The Smith signing was always iffy. ALWAYS. I HATE it that I was proven correct. Scotty really needs to earn his money and find someone on waivers or the coaches need to earn their keep and quickly develop Boone.

Yesterday.

Snyder has a history of getting nicked up also. He played well, but remember Snyder and Baas were supposed to be OGs, not ever thought of as OTs and even then, depth players.

We need vet help and not go through another season with Barry Simms starting at RT. I'll take two decent older/experienced players who can come in and contribute instead of the $ we're paying Barry Sims.
Alex Boone just moved up in the world
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This?

Your threads are general and don't have any insight. They are basically just your opinions.

Anyways. If Smith does retire we have a problem at RT. Snyder was injured in that last game. It was not serious but those things tend to add up. We should sign another tackle immidietly. I wonder what Jonas Jennings is doing? Hahaha just kidding he blows. Maybe Boone or one of the other young guys can step it up?

LOL.... and what you just said above is not general but insighful?
Once again, Adam Snyder's importance to our team increases.

Season after season, we lean lean lean, all of our team's weight on Adam Snyder.

Thank God, this year at least they let him PRACTICE at RT before throwing him into the fire.

But if he get's injured, all the motivational speeches in the world will not stop Barry Sims from being bullrushed.

Michael Oher would have been absolutely PERFECT for our team, in every conceivable way.

Wow, Michael Crabtree is doing to the 49ers what Chris Webber did to the Warriors.

He is looking more and more like a "cursed" selection who has and will cause nothing but headaches.
I don't know what the 49ers FO is smoking sometimes. They seem to have a track record for going after players with injury problems, and it always ends up being a dumb move.
We should go hard after Levi Jones
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Season after season, we lean lean lean, all of our team's weight on Adam Snyder.

Thank God, this year at least they let him PRACTICE at RT before throwing him into the fire.

But if he get's injured, all the motivational speeches in the world will not stop Barry Sims from being bullrushed.

Michael Oher would have been absolutely PERFECT for our team, in every conceivable way.

Wow, Michael Crabtree is doing to the 49ers what Chris Webber did to the Warriors.

He is looking more and more like a "cursed" selection who has and will cause nothing but headaches.

If Oher got hurt and Crab posted a 1,000 yd season.........people will never be happy, its the nature of the beast.
We should have drafted Andre Smith
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We should have drafted Andre Smith

Too bad he was taken a few picks before we picked.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Again, as I've said before. The Smith signing was always iffy. ALWAYS. I HATE it that I was proven correct. Scotty really needs to earn his money and find someone on waivers or the coaches need to earn their keep and quickly develop Boone.

Yesterday.

Snyder has a history of getting nicked up also. He played well, but remember Snyder and Baas were supposed to be OGs, not ever thought of as OTs and even then, depth players.

We need vet help and not go through another season with Barry Simms starting at RT. I'll take two decent older/experienced players who can come in and contribute instead of the $ we're paying Barry Sims.
I have never been a big Sims fan but he did play very well after Singletary shut down the 7-step drop offense. Sims has always been a good run blocker and decent in pass blocking. Unfortunately he had to block for the "vertical" passing game of the Raiders and then the Martz offense, neither of which are suited for him.

I'm not ecstatic about having him as the backup or starter but if he plays the way he did in the last four games of last year, he will be OK.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Yesterday.

I have never been a big Sims fan but he did play very well after Singletary shut down the 7-step drop offense. Sims has always been a good run blocker and decent in pass blocking. Unfortunately he had to block for the "vertical" passing game of the Raiders and then the Martz offense, neither of which are suited for him.

I'm not ecstatic about having him as the backup or starter but if he plays the way he did in the last four games of last year, he will be OK.

goods points Dj.
yeah, i'm not too worried about Smith being gone. Snyder will be fine for the regular season, and as long as he makes it through 8-10 games I think we'll be fine with Sims in clean-up duty. If Snyder makes it through the whole year, and I have a lot of confidence that he will--I think the guy is a lot tougher than he gets credit for--then we'll be good, and we can evaluate Snyder at the end of the season, and Boone, and see where we're at for the future.

Now about that pass rush....

If Oher got hurt and Crab posted a 1,000 yd season.........people will never be happy, its the nature of the beast.

I'm not arguing about the Crabtree pick. It was certainly the right pick at the time, and might still turn out to be. But right NOW, I suppose I just feel like whining about our problems at RT.

I'm not arguing about the Crabtree pick. It was certainly the right pick at the time, and might still turn out to be. But right NOW, I suppose I just feel like whining about our problems at RT.