LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Countdown to Season Opener: Game Day!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
This might be the only positive thread in 9ers talk. On that note some positive preseason stats.

9ers lead the NFL Preseason in rushing with 170.7 ypg

9ers are second in the league with a +8 turnover ratio

9ers are tied for second in the league with 7 interceptions
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
12 days
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by prometheus:
I am looking forward to the season. I also am a bit nervous because there may be some real players let go who I feel could be real contributors even moreso then some vets who may supplant them. I like guys like Sheets, Brit Miller, Boone, Spanos and some others and do not know how we could keep them all. From what I have seen of other rosters, there could be some heavy dipping into our talent pool. Our guys seem to not be polished yet but have some real potential and already seem better then some others. I am not sure if Norris is doing well but I think I like Brit Miller better. He is a great blocker and faster and better reciever and much younger.
Overall much more talented. Norris is like a mini Larry Allen but offensively very limited. We are seeing more passes to backs so I would keep Miller and that choice is critical as we might not carry more then 1 FB. True fullback I mean, not including Michael Robinson. I think Sheets is going to prove too valuable to lose and if we are to lose one back, he would be a lifesaver. Frankly I think I would rather lose a Marques Harris or a Demetric Evans then lose Sheets or Miller. I would even lose Sopoaga, Ulbrich, Roman, Sims, or Wragge. I think Wallace Spanos and Boone offer better players with higher upsides. Wragge is unfortunately too slow. My worries are that we could lose some darn good players though Singletary is much wiser from what I have seen in the past. After all he is playing Nate Davis to the detriment of both Hill and Smith in the preseason. I don't think it would matter much in the long run as they should be up to speed in a few games but it does seem Singletary is willing to keep and play those who shine. In Nolan's time, Brit Miller would be playing much much less then Norris. I actually think Norris may get beaten out. I know he is a load and would have no competition from Keasey or his like but Miller is real competition. I think I would take the risk and keep Miller. I get this feeling he could do some decent running too. I also think he could be a real threat on swing passes. He showed some real speed on his long pass reception. I can't get the picture of his moving out some pass rushers to get Coffee and Sheets free. He reminded me of Gore in the Raiders workout. Hanging onto a rusher like a pitbull. He shows that grit and character that Singletary loves. Sheets too showed that grit and fire and that is just something you can't buy as Alex Smith proves every day. There seems an unusual amount of new players with that attitude that Singletary values from Coffee on down. Even if we are sort of disjointed now, I think if we keep those types of guys we will be alright.

Doesn't Britt Miller remind you of like a Mike Alstott type running back?
Originally posted by mayo63:
12 days

woooooooooooooo
Originally posted by DANADA:
12 days

woooooooooooooo

Come on week 1!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DANADA:
12 days

woooooooooooooo

Come on week 1!
Originally posted by RonMexico:

• SANDMAN
  • Info N/A
I feel like a kid waiting for christmas....
All I want is a playoff birth.....
Originally posted by SANDMAN:
I feel like a kid waiting for christmas....
All I want is a playoff birth.....

We're all here with ya
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Take that Bum off this topic
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
11 days
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Share 49ersWebzone