There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who has the best chance at a Pro Bowl Year? O-Line

Who has the best chance at a Pro Bowl Year? O-Line

Staley or Heitmann for this year, but Rachal could be a possiblility in coming years. Getting to the Pro Bowl for offensive line players usually requires aquiring a good reputation for a few years unless you're a real stud out of the blocks like Joe Thomas of the Browns.
Originally posted by King49er:
Not Baas that for sure

I agree not for us. He probably will have a good career though with the team that signs him if he has a good year with us, and the ground game is good.

While he isn't a steroid warrier, he has always reminded me of Jeff Bregel. Looks like the consumate body for all pro lineman but something is missing.l
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:08 PM ]
My vote is for Rachal. I would like to see Staley get some attention too.
Heitmann is already respected around the NFL, so he would be my first choice. Rahal is still green and unlikely to be consistent enough this year; although watch out in the near future! Staley has to prove he is elite and he has the most competition. I've always liked Snyder's flexibilty but doubt he will be a force...more of a competent OT. I like Baas as well, but don't see him dominating.

This power running O may fool us though and our line might really blossom! Hope springs eternal!
a buddy of mine a rb who played for central michigan used to room with staley said he was a cool guy so im always rootin for him.... joe if ur listinin ontario needs a practice squad spot lol
Vernon Davis
i agree if our whole line blocked like vd that would be nice
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Vernon Davis

He was an alternate for the Pro Bowl last year and everyone knows that he didn't get that for him being a route running demon pass catching offensive juggernaut.
Maybe not this year but I think Rachel might have a shot a being a perrenial pro-bowler in the near future. Though some weren't happy with that pick (the pass on Jackson) I think it is going to end up being a great one. We were fortunate that the master of power point left and Singltary gave him some playing time last year. If Snyder continues to play well the Niners have the making a a really good offensive line for years to come.
I voted Heitmann.

-9fA
I would have to say Staley. He is the guy that gets the national attention and if Gore and Coffee runs for a ton of yards he will get the votes.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I like our O-Line this year and for years to come but IMO Chilo Rachal is the only guy that will ever be a pro bowler from this current group of guys. Maybe Staley will sneak into 1 pro bowl, but I think Rachal starting next year, will be a guy who will go to Hawaii a few times.

You mean Chilo will make the Pro Bowl next year, not this year?

Next year, yes
OT Sims and Safety Roman.... but only in Denver on Mike Nolans team.
Staley is over-rated IMO. As far as LTs go, he isn't that good. I think Snyder will surprise alot of people and play well at RT. Assuming he does't get moved to play for an injuried starter, I'm looking at you Baas. I'd rather have Snyder at LG and Smith at RT than Wragge at RG for any length of time.
Heitmann or Rachal would be my choice. Heitmann is a solid guy that is underated around the league. Rachal is the best young talent on the line and should continue to get better.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Staley is over-rated IMO. As far as LTs go, he isn't that good. I think Snyder will surprise alot of people and play well at RT. Assuming he does't get moved to play for an injuried starter, I'm looking at you Baas. I'd rather have Snyder at LG and Smith at RT than Wragge at RG for any length of time.
Heitmann or Rachal would be my choice. Heitmann is a solid guy that is underated around the league. Rachal is the best young talent on the line and should continue to get better.

Staley is seen as an up and coming young LT in the NFL. you are saying he is worse than that? i say there are just names in front of him, i think he has a real shot along with heitmann.