There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Q.B. gets sacked...their Q.B. does not!

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
We were 16th in sacks last year. If we had 2 more, we would have been 13th. Just 5 more and we would have been 10th. Without that big nickel that we employed we could have been in that territory.

The point is that this pass rush isn't as terrible as people make it out to be.

But....but....we don't get sacks! They're the home run of football!

You said pal, we don't get sacks!
Originally posted by BigMar:
We were 16th in sacks last year. If we had 2 more, we would have been 13th. Just 5 more and we would have been 10th. Without that big nickel that we employed we could have been in that territory.

It's called being facetious. We clearly get sacks, considering our 16th rank in sacks last year running the Nolan big nickle 75% of the time.

It's called being facetious. We clearly get sacks, considering our 16th rank in sacks last year running the Nolan big nickle 75% of the time.

Oh my... it's time to celebrate! We were ranked 16th in sacks last season (LOL)
Guys,

Last year, before Sing took over, we had 3 games that we did not get a sack in. After Sing took over we only had 1 game that our D did not come up with a sack. In fact, we went from like 1.5 sacks per game under Nolan to 2 sacks per game under Sing.

These numbers may not sound huge; but if we average (and forecast) what the sack totals for the year would have been if Nolan stayed HC we would only have about 28. This would put us tied at 22nd in the league. Now if we did the same for Sing (average the numbers for sing and forecast the for the entire year) we would have about 32 sacks. This would have put us tied for 13th in the NFL.

With another year in the system and another TC under their belts, I'm excited to see what these guys can do this year...

Um, you said we don't have a pass rush, clearly we do. WTF do you expect? All-Pros at every position on the team? You obviously have no football knowledge whatsoever, no wonder you were banned from the other forum.
Our line suck...their line does not!

-9fA

Um, you said we don't have a pass rush, clearly we do. WTF do you expect? All-Pros at every position on the team? You obviously have no football knowledge whatsoever, no wonder you were banned from the other forum.

How much "wondering" do you do?

Ever "wonder" why 9ers can't get a SACK on any critical 3rd down play and how our defense makes sub-par Q.B.'s look like Peyton Manning?

Or do you "wonder" about people who were banned (unjustly by the way) from another forum?

[ Edited by BigMar on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:19:16 ]

Ever "wonder" why 9ers can't get a SACK on any critical 3rd down play and how our defense makes sub-par Q.B.'s look like Peyton Manning?

Or do you "wonder" about people who were banned (unjustly by the way) from another forum?

Please re-visit reply 5.

Please re-visit reply 5.

Nope.... I don't play dat game

The point is, a point that you don't seem to get, that all this talk about how our pass rush sucks is kind of overblown.

Is it a concern heading into the season? Sure. But if I didn't know where we were ranked and read some of the stuff on this board regarding our pass rush, I would have thought that we finished at the bottom of the league in sacks last year. That simply isn't true.

This board has overblown this issue on the basis of 4 meaningless preseason games.

[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:59:56 ]

Please re-visit reply 5.

Nope.... I don't play dat game

Yes you do play that game
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Just a reminder....the 9ers have 2 first round picks in 2010 draft they will have to negotiate with and sign. Therfore, they Cannot cave in to Craptree outrages demands as that will clearly set a bad stage for our 2010 1st round negotiations.

9er are being MORE than fair and should not get strongarmed by Craptree.

No one knows for sure if paying Crabtree will have a negative effect on next years picks or not. Will never know until next year.

Stop speculating when you have no basis for your claim.

Please Stop it..... If the 9ers pay Craptree or any player for that matter, MILLIONS of dollars MORE than his draft slot indicates, don't sit there and try to tell us the same game won't be played next year by the agents of the first rounders we select.
Come on, get real!

Again it is not truly known. One can assume but assuming doesn't make it true. Lots of assumptions have proven to be wrong. Everyone assumed VD would be great, they assumed Reggie Bush was Jesus in Cleats...they assumed voting for George Bush was good idea....how did those turn out ?

So to quote Big Mar............Please stop it.

Come on now, you recognize what I said is close to reality. You are simply trying to not acknowlege facts. Good try, but you failed.

I have read too many of your posts that I would have liked to and no I don't recognize anything you say.

Good try but you fail. Keep on keeping on.

Re-visit reply 2220

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 10, 2009 at 12:01:51 ]
Here's another stat to chew on: The 49ers are going to play 9 of their 16 games against teams who finished in the bottom half of sacks allowed last year.

Detroit
St. Louis x2
Minnesota
Jacksonville
Seattle x2
Green Bay
Houston

And 5 of those games, nearly 1/3 of the total games, are against teams who were in the bottom 10.

I think we won't see a drop off of the sack totals this year. It can only go up.

The point is, a point that you don't seem to get, that all this talk about how our pass rush sucks is kind of overblown.

Is it a concern heading into the season? Sure. But if I didn't know where we were ranked and read some of the stuff on this board regarding our pass rush, I would have thought that we finished at the bottom of the league in sacks last year. That simply isn't true.

This board has overblown this issue on the basis of 4 meaningless preseason games.

What if any SACKS the 9ers got last season were all primary "junk sacks". The Sacks we cannot get are on critical game changing snaps.

And NO, we don't and have not had a legit Pass Rush Demon on this team for over a decade.

They can Sack us..we simply can't Sack them.

[ Edited by BigMar on Sep 11, 2009 at 16:20:51 ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Agree with you, but pressure also works. Especially up the middle to force the QB to rush or move.

But...everyone plays pretty vanilla defense in the preseason. I expect more timed blitzing this year and more stunts.

I would agree with this.
Hopefully next year a QB and a Bookend Tacklein the draft.