There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Q.B. gets sacked...their Q.B. does not!

Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Agree with you, but pressure also works. Especially up the middle to force the QB to rush or move.

But...everyone plays pretty vanilla defense in the preseason. I expect more timed blitzing this year and more stunts.

What you just said... is what the excuse is every past pre-season for the past decade., that we are playing "Vanilla". But guess what, so is the opposition and they still get SACKS!

Every pre-season people say wait till the regular season starts and you know just like me, if you don't have the horses, guys who can get a SACK, Vanilla or no Vanilla, then Sack artist players are not automically going to surface simply because it's the regular season.

It's very clear if you can't SACk the Q.B. during basic mano on mano preseason football games.... there is no scheme in the regular season that is going to turn a player into a Pass Rush beast.

Its clear now just like it has been in the past.... our Q.B. gets his butt sacked during pre-season and regular season games while their Q.B. does not.

Im sick of not have a decent Pass Rush and really only one frek'en player (Haralson) on our entire team is our only threat to do so.... One freak'en guy!

true dat!
Originally posted by King49er:
We need Balmer to step it up this year on the D-Line,if he can get constant pressure, he'll not only make the D-Line better, the LB's will have more chances to run wild.


He was our 1st pick last year, and he hopefully can contribute this year.


I feel we are are one player away on the D-line from making this a top 5 D

that's allot of eggs in one basket with balmer. we really are 2 players away. a solid NT/DT which we should get in next years draft. And a DE.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by King49er:
We need Balmer to step it up this year on the D-Line,if he can get constant pressure, he'll not only make the D-Line better, the LB's will have more chances to run wild.


He was our 1st pick last year, and he hopefully can contribute this year.


I feel we are are one player away on the D-line from making this a top 5 D

that's allot of eggs in one basket with balmer. we really are 2 players away. a solid NT/DT which we should get in next years draft. And a DE.

Justin Smith
I think this will be the year that we get a TRUE breakout season from our pass rushers. I know we are all expecting Lawson to step up, and I hope he does. Haralson can get 10+ sacks, he proved that hes a pretty good sack artist. Also Justin Smith has that non stop motor that can get 10 sacks with a good season.

I think we got the guys to do it, now lets do it!!! take you pick, all these guys have the potential and were drafted to rush the passer..

1. Lawson
2. Haralson
3. Smith
4. McDonald
5. Balmer
6. Soapoaga
7. Moore
8. Evans

plus you got our beast inside backers in Willis and Spikes that puts pressure on the qb when blitzing, and one of the best blitzing corner in Clements and blitzing safety in Lewis.

I believe someway, somehow, Sing and Manusky will get er done!!
Originally posted by BigMar:
If the 9ers truely want to be a playoff caliber defense... they better discover somebody on our defense (in addtion to Haralson) who can consistantly SACK the Q.B.

This team ain't going to the playoffs with only one player (Haralson) who can SACK the Q.B.

Season after season, decade after decade, one common theme with our 9ers....

Our Q.B. gets sacked

and

their Q.B. does not!


Since when could Haralson consistantly sack the QB? Or even consistantly get pressure, for that matter?
You are a really smart guy
Originally posted by BigMar:
If the 9ers truely want to be a playoff caliber defense... they better discover somebody on our defense (in addtion to Haralson) who can consistantly SACK the Q.B.

This team ain't going to the playoffs with only one player (Haralson) who can SACK the Q.B.

Season after season, decade after decade, one common theme with our 9ers....

Our Q.B. gets sacked

and

their Q.B. does not!

a more simple answer would be that we haven't had a legit qb since Garcia.

guess we'll find out...
We basically cannot sack the QB, so we just have to realize that and work around it.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We basically cannot sack the QB, so we just have to realize that and work around it.

Kinda blows not having P-willy out there disrupting the entire defense. Sacks...they will come I believe.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We basically cannot sack the QB, so we just have to realize that and work around it.

Kinda blows not having P-willy out there disrupting the entire defense. Sacks...they will come I believe.

I think they will too
In the news today they has a story on a scientist who say's he can re-create a dinasaur by messing around with a chicken in the embryo stage. So why don't we call him up and have him make us a T-Rex and we can call him P. Willy's b***h and he can play DT and eat up any double team sent his way....literally.
49er QBs could be getting sacked due to one or more of these reasons:

1) They've been holding the ball too long.
2) They run slower than molasses and are not very elusive.
3) The receivers either aren't getting open and/or the QBs take too long to go through their receivers.
4) The O-line can't protect the QB for an extended period of time.
5) They suck at improvising during broken plays.

Hopefully the 3-second clock that they used earlier in training camp will get the QBs to make faster decisions. If nobody's open and it's not 3rd down, then either make a run for it or get out from between the tackles and throw it out of bounds.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:14 AM ]
After reading the title of your thread, I couldn't help but say, "Me Tarzan, you Jane. Ugah bugah."

Anyways, I think we all know our 3-4 isn't a prototypical 3-4 with that monster NT. Therefore, in order for us to get pressure, we will need to blitz a lot but not just blitz, we will need to run a lot of stunts as it is appearing that Manny is not a very good 1-on-1 rusher. Who knows, Ahmad Brooks may come out and we already know Parys is good for at least 8 sacks. Also, this preseason, Willis hasn't been playing. If you don't think that is very important, well it is. He's just about THE best defensive player in the league and he gets a lot of attention.

We will need to manufacture sacks with scheme and without Willis, it is a lot harder because with him in there, the offense must concentrate on him a little more.

I have a feeling we will be applying more pressure this game or when regular season starts.

Originally posted by BigMar:
If the 9ers truely want to be a playoff caliber defense... they better discover somebody on our defense (in addtion to Haralson) who can consistantly SACK the Q.B.

This team ain't going to the playoffs with only one player (Haralson) who can SACK the Q.B.

Season after season, decade after decade, one common theme with our 9ers....

Our Q.B. gets sacked

and

their Q.B. does not!
Originally posted by Joecool:
After reading the title of your thread, I couldn't help but say, "Me Tarzan, you Jane. Ugah bugah."

Anyways, I think we all know our 3-4 isn't a prototypical 3-4 with that monster NT. Therefore, in order for us to get pressure, we will need to blitz a lot but not just blitz, we will need to run a lot of stunts as it is appearing that Manny is not a very good 1-on-1 rusher. Who knows, Ahmad Brooks may come out and we already know Parys is good for at least 8 sacks. Also, this preseason, Willis hasn't been playing. If you don't think that is very important, well it is. He's just about THE best defensive player in the league and he gets a lot of attention.

We will need to manufacture sacks with scheme and without Willis, it is a lot harder because with him in there, the offense must concentrate on him a little more.

I have a feeling we will be applying more pressure this game or when regular season starts.

Originally posted by BigMar:
If the 9ers truely want to be a playoff caliber defense... they better discover somebody on our defense (in addtion to Haralson) who can consistantly SACK the Q.B.

This team ain't going to the playoffs with only one player (Haralson) who can SACK the Q.B.

Season after season, decade after decade, one common theme with our 9ers....

Our Q.B. gets sacked

and

their Q.B. does not!

If you recall, for the last several seasons we all said " well, when the regular season starts, our sacks will improve"

uhmmm no... we simply dont have the Sack skilled horses.
[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by BigMar:
If the 9ers truely want to be a playoff caliber defense... they better discover somebody on our defense (in addtion to Haralson) who can consistantly SACK the Q.B.

This team ain't going to the playoffs with only one player (Haralson) who can SACK the Q.B.

Season after season, decade after decade, one common theme with our 9ers....

Our Q.B. gets sacked

and

their Q.B. does not
!

I did not know this until now.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home