There are 219 users in the forums

Our QB;s and why isnt anyone talking about D huard?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
in preseason he only went in during the 3rd quarter.. against the 3rd string. he SHOULD play decent.

look at his career stats instead.. hes been a career backup.. and theres a reason why. he stinks worse than my feet after a hot summer's day.
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Simple...because he sucks.
Originally posted by FnkyPhantom:
What do you think about this QB lineup for the 2009 49er's?

1) Todd Marinovich
2) Cade McNown
3) Casey Weldon

I bet we could get them cheap! Although bail money for Marinovich might be a bit steep...

Marinovich can be paid with dope!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
our team has 4 good backup QB's.

could't have said it better
I think the Niners have had the MOST starting qb's in the league since Steve Young retired. In retrospect they probably should have kept dink and dunk Garcia, at least we where competitive. Since then,

Druckenmiller, Doman, Carmazzi, Weinke, Rattay, Dorsey, Pickett, Garcia, Smith, Dilfer, Huard, Davis, Hill,............

Simply the Niners record reflects that they no longer have a franchise qb. I think the team kNOWS this, and it is why they passed up on clint sintim and everette Brown as pass rushers with their second round pick. With two first rounders next year, they no doubt will draft another hopeful franchise qb.

It sucks, sucks, sucks, but the reality is no qb on the roster will bring us to the promised land in 2009. As a matter of fact I think Smith could lose the most games for the team, because he just flat out sucks donkey dung,
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Simple...because he sucks.

Since neither Huard or Davis have played a first string D it is hard to asses. I'd have to watch the tape back to make an better assesment of Huard but the truth is he's not much of an upside over smith or hill IMO. I'm going to pick on Nate Davis to make my point. This because I just rewatched the oakland game. Bottom line is Davis showed he had STRONG arm and the ability to get lucky. With the exception of the throws to Walker he threw alot of junk off of his back foot and left the pocket alot for no good reason. We also have to remember that we have in Shaun Hill a guy who has a winning record for our team. We have in Davis a guy who is completely unready to start but shows the potential to make quick reads and strong throws. You have to pickbetween Huard and Smith. If it's me I'll take Smith as the second guy. The guy is a veteran he's played a bunch of games and maybe just maybe he wakes up and gets better. With Huard he's just going to get older and not any better. This is not a Kerry Colins who has been there and done that.
Parting shot, Alex Smith's worst case career probably looks alot like Damon Huard. Serviceable backup who will probably string 7-9 games together at some point in his career and end up a late 30 something year old floating around training camps.
Since by any account, Hill and Smith played equally this preseason, that must mean that Huard is also better than Hill?

Actually the truth is that Huard was a marginal player who got to come in and found a starting role, took advantage of teams not having much to go on with him and a strong running game. When the games were put in his hands and after teams got a good look at him, he couldn't cut it. That's why he signed with us to compete for a roster spot.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Since by any account, Hill and Smith played equally this preseason, that must mean that Huard is also better than Hill?

Actually the truth is that Huard was a marginal player who got to come in and found a starting role, took advantage of teams not having much to go on with him and a strong running game. When the games were put in his hands and after teams got a good look at him, he couldn't cut it. That's why he signed with us to compete for a roster spot.

The comparison is obvious, but lets not write off the only successful QB we've had since Garcia just yet.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think the Niners have had the MOST starting qb's in the league since Steve Young retired. In retrospect they probably should have kept dink and dunk Garcia, at least we where competitive. Since then,

Druckenmiller, Doman, Carmazzi, Weinke, Rattay, Dorsey, Pickett, Garcia, Smith, Dilfer, Huard, Davis, Hill,............

Simply the Niners record reflects that they no longer have a franchise qb. I think the team kNOWS this, and it is why they passed up on clint sintim and everette Brown as pass rushers with their second round pick. With two first rounders next year, they no doubt will draft another hopeful franchise qb.

It sucks, sucks, sucks, but the reality is no qb on the roster will bring us to the promised land in 2009. As a matter of fact I think Smith could lose the most games for the team, because he just flat out sucks donkey dung,

Huard and davis as starters? When?

Weinke was a starter but not Huard

Cuz more than half of the fans here are still hung up on the Smither even though he is as worthless as boobs on a nun. They'd rather see Smith lose than be wrong I guess.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Cuz more than half of the fans here are still hung up on the Smither even though he is as worthless as boobs on a nun. They'd rather see Smith lose than be wrong I guess.

But for a Smith supporter, for him to lose would mean they were wrong.

But by all accounts including the Coach, Hill and Smith have been neck and neck this year. That means Hill is also as worthless as boobs on a nun, and Huard doesn't even have that much value
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

But for a Smith supporter, for him to lose would mean they were wrong.

But by all accounts including the Coach, Hill and Smith have been neck and neck this year. That means Hill is also as worthless as boobs on a nun, and Huard doesn't even have that much value

ok i just don't see it that way at all though. I see Huard as having some value, he has proven it his career. I see Hill having Value, he gets the offense going and I see smith as he is not through a kaleidascope and he stalls the offense and has nothing to contribute. Which NFL league have you been following that says Smith is better than Huard? Alex still requires these. I am done arguing over Smith lool damn he is tiring lol I can't wait to turn the page.

[img=null]
becuase he is not an elite qb or capable of leading us any farther than Hill.
Originally posted by domesik:
Because Nate Davis is showing he can play.

Not when he worked with the 1st team offense against our starter D!
Share 49ersWebzone