There are 213 users in the forums

Mike Martz - Niners will make the playoff's!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yeah, cause we dont have jto aka "the best qb ever" according to martz
GO 9ers AND YES WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
GO 9ers AND YES WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Yup we can and we will 10-6 baby ha ha!
Goniners
Always liked martz to bad our personnel didn't really suite his style of play! We did really well once sing took over and used a normal d set unlike nolan! Everything happens for a reason! I believe last season was to get sing as coach and the taste of success of what can be and what needs to be done to succeed! Now once the chains of preseason and holding back come off we will see what's to come and the greatness of our beloved niners
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
yeah, cause we dont have jto aka "the best qb ever" according to martz

He probably had a brain fart when he said that. lol. Didn't Bill Walsh say that Rick Mirer was gonna be the next Montana or something?

It happens.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Real men of genius... how does that commercial goes...?

We salute you Mr. 7 step drop on 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line

When everyone in the stadium knows you should be running the ball, you show them who's boss.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Real men of genius... how does that commercial goes...?

We salute you Mr. 7 step drop on 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line

When everyone in the stadium knows you should be running the ball, you show them who's boss.

You go by the philosophy of "when in doubt air it out" Even from the 1 yard line
  • LetItRideMike
  • Info N/A
Mike Martz will never work in the NFL again, and there is a good reason for that.
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
come on guys lets look at the facts our passing game was only good because of mike martz , we have the same wr corps from last year even though its preseason they are not getting it done

Thats a very valid point...for all we know Rayes offense could be like Hostlers was but with more experience!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Im one of the guys still saying it was a big mistake getting ride of this guy and I stand buy it. He doesnt have to jinx use or sound bitter when the 9ers have the league worst personnel on offense. Great coach.

If he is such a great coach why isn't he coaching now??

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for all those Martz fans that are blind to the reality of things.

this line of thought is pretty juvenile. I wonder what the average age of a Raye over Martz fan is?

From the quality of your posts on these forums, you have some nerve to be calling someone else juvenile. I do not know enough about Raye to know whether or not he will be a resounding success, but I know enough about Martz to know the he isn't relevant anymore, or else he would be coaching somewhere, even the NCAA. My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

WTF? What kind of post is this? You're not an internet tough guy but you want to meet him in Memphis to talk "man to man." Who the heck wants to go to Memphis? I've been to Memphis. It's terrrrrrrible. Anyway, if danimal wants to take you up on that offer, I've got danimal via first round TKO.

Look, I get it. You're pissed because Alex got beat out. Do you really think it matters? They both pretty much suck and they are playing for two guys (Sing, Raye) that have no business being in charge of any damn team. I'm freaking stunned. We have been reduced to arguing over what level of crappiness we will achieve this year. Martz was yanking the motivators chain. Half of Martz's brain functions better than these two (Sing, Raye) never should have beens combined.
My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

Did I really just read what I think I did?

Everyone move back and give these boys some room... We're going to have an old fashioned internet fight!

Originally posted by 49erFan:
My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

Did I really just read what I think I did?

Everyone move back and give these boys some room... We're going to have an old fashioned internet fight!

Nah, Memphis won't fight him. Danimal don't play.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by jwildz999:
Just now on the NFL Network. (It was in response too shaun hill being named started)

I know this isn't news, but its nice hearing it from someone who just got fired by us!

Well, either he says that, or he sounds bitter......

So....Take that for what its worth.

Gawd you sound so bitter.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
For all his faults, I'd still be more confident in this team's passing offense if Mike Martz was running things instead of Jimmy Raye.

But we'll see.
It's his way of putting pressure on Singletary and Jimmy Raye and his way of not looking bidder for getting fired.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It's his way of putting pressure on Singletary and Jimmy Raye and his way of not looking bidder for getting fired.

If you listen carefully to what he said, he seemed to be "damning with faint praise."

He said the Niners were "close to the playoffs last year" and that they'll be better this year "on defense."

In other words, they were close to the playoffs last year ("when I was the OC") and they'll be better this year because of the defense ("and won't be better on offense without me.")

Oh, he's bitter all right. IMHO
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Aug 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone