There are 243 users in the forums

Mike Martz - Niners will make the playoff's!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I enjoy how a Mike Marts commenting on our playoff chances turns into a hissy fit about who our OC should be lol. He gave us a compliment and this conversation should be headed in the direction of why we should or shouldn't make the playoffs. Let's talk about the future not about the past.
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by jwildz999:
Just now on the NFL Network. (It was in response too shaun hill being named started)

I know this isn't news, but its nice hearing it from someone who just got fired by us!

Well, either he says that, or he sounds bitter......

So....Take that for what its worth.

True that!
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Is the segment available online?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DJD:
Is the segment available online?

Try NFL.com they usually have the Total Access videos there.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Im one of the guys still saying it was a big mistake getting ride of this guy and I stand buy it. He doesnt have to jinx use or sound bitter when the 9ers have the league worst personnel on offense. Great coach.

If he is such a great coach why isn't he coaching now??

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for all those Martz fans that are blind to the reality of things.

this line of thought is pretty juvenile. I wonder what the average age of a Raye over Martz fan is?

From the quality of your posts on these forums, you have some nerve to be calling someone else juvenile. I do not know enough about Raye to know whether or not he will be a resounding success, but I know enough about Martz to know the he isn't relevant anymore, or else he would be coaching somewhere, even the NCAA. My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

wow. that sounds gay.

tough one, but I think I will pass. I prefer to walk no more than a block on my way to knocking someone out.----edit, I just read he is 6-6 275, so let me edit

I prefer to walk no more than a block on my way to getting knocked out
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM ]
Martz is an incredibly smart guy that simply lacks the ability to adapt his system to the players on hand. I am curious to see how he'll do on TV breaking down plays and talking about game plans.

I hope he's right about the playoffs.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
also said JTO was good
Yeah and JTO is a starting NFL QB
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
yeah, cause we dont have jto aka "the best qb ever" according to martz

He probably had a brain fart when he said that. lol. Didn't Bill Walsh say that Rick Mirer was gonna be the next Montana or something?

It happens.

mirer was very very very solid when he was with the 49ers.

maybe not next joe montana but he looked like you could trust a franchise on his arm
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Yeah and JTO is a starting NFL QB

I think Palmer is hurt for the next game, so yes.

• TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Martz also said that Alex should move on to another team. DUH !
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Im one of the guys still saying it was a big mistake getting ride of this guy and I stand buy it. He doesnt have to jinx use or sound bitter when the 9ers have the league worst personnel on offense. Great coach.

If he is such a great coach why isn't he coaching now??

Pretty much sums it up in a nutshell for all those Martz fans that are blind to the reality of things.

this line of thought is pretty juvenile. I wonder what the average age of a Raye over Martz fan is?

From the quality of your posts on these forums, you have some nerve to be calling someone else juvenile. I do not know enough about Raye to know whether or not he will be a resounding success, but I know enough about Martz to know the he isn't relevant anymore, or else he would be coaching somewhere, even the NCAA. My profile lists my pertinent info, I am not one of the internet tough guys that speaks his opinion from a position of anonymity. I say what I mean and am not afraid to back it up by putting my name in the profile. I am a grown man, not some kid like some that come to these forums to take out their aggression because their mommy canceled their world of warcraft account, or because they cannot get laid. If you have a problem with what I said, you are welcome to come on down to Memphis and we can discuss it man to man.

wow. that sounds gay.

tough one, but I think I will pass. I prefer to walk no more than a block on my way to knocking someone out.----edit, I just read he is 6-6 275, so let me edit

I prefer to walk no more than a block on my way to getting knocked out

lol.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
also said JTO was good

He also said Alex Smith needs to move on to another team. I agree with him on this one.

Link: http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/martz-alex-smith-needs-to-move-on.html
You guys are guilty of deception by selecting only a portion of what Martz said. He also said that "I still beleive that Alex Smith is going to be a great quarterback."
it is NFL etiquette. Do you guys watch other team interviews EVER?

It is like an NFL mandate to talk UP everybody around you. 99% of all coaches and players follow this tradition.

It is not meant to be taken too seriously, I can't believe some of you actually do
Share 49ersWebzone