LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Ray Mac is Back!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His coming back doesn't hurt anyone...in fact, it's just more good competition. FWIW, Raiders had enough respect for Jean-Francois to double-team him, which is a compliment to his abilities. I'm liking the overall makeup of our DL...and the fact Singletary is sticking to a "real" 3-4, none of that hybrid crap. You can still move players around...like they've been doing w/Soap, Balmer, and J-F. I like this group's versatility...most can play more than one position, and that's a very good thing. Still need a dominant NT, but that'll come next year (Cody).
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I have always like Ray Mcdonald but have felt that he was better playing in the 4-3 scheme. I didnot know that he was second on pressures, but I guess that Mcdonald has always been known for his quickness of the ball
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ray Mac is Back Jack, he aint Wack, he dont do Crack, it dont matter if you are white or Black, dont talk Smack, driving in my Lac, there is a chick with a nice Rack, in my pants i just went splack

Give me one about Glenn Coffee

Coffee smloflee, its all about Gore, give me some More, when i go camping i eat Smores, i like Whores when i go to the Store, but a week later i end up with a sore, get out of afghanastan cuz i dont like war
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by genz22:
Sopogoa should indeed be most worried....He makes good money without much production.

I'd rather have RJF back up Franklin at NT than Soap. But that's just my opinion.

RJF over Soap at NT maybe at DE but NT??
seriously

I bolded something for you. I'm not saying it would necessarily benefit the team or be the best option. I just want to see Ricky get some PT.

Rick i is practice squad people to young to raw...and soap needs to step up many this manny that what has our starting LE done??? nada!!!! soap you have a short rope!
Ray Mac is Back Jack, he aint Wack, he dont do Crack, it dont matter if you are white or Black, dont talk Smack, driving in my Lac, there is a chick with a nice Rack, in my pants i just went splack

Coffee smloflee, its all about Gore, give me some More, when i go camping i eat Smores, i like Whores when i go to the Store, but a week later i end up with a sore, get out of afghanastan cuz i dont like war

THIS IS LEGIT

lol from Matt M's twitter:

Quote:
McDonald's ACL has been detached since Sr. year at Florida. Finally decided on surgery. Told me he expects to record 10 sacks this season.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Quote:
McDonald's ACL has been detached since Sr. year at Florida. Finally decided on surgery. Told me he expects to record 10 sacks this season.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Quote:

ok now lets see one about Jennings

These are the worst lyrics or poems, whatever they are that I have ever heard. I tink thy mad me dumer just bye reeding thim.

Originally posted by backontop:

ok now lets see one about Jennings

Uh yo Jennings, first name Brian, i aint lying, when Jennings walks by ladies be smiling, but they aint getting none, please stop crying, i have hot rhymes and i aint even tryin
Don't understand the love for McDonald....the dude has like 2 career sacks and gets owned against the run......

maybe its the name? seems like some fans like guys with "cool" names...( i.e ziegler)
That great. However, Big Mac has not to date shown any evidence he is that needed Sack Guy the 9ers so badly need.

He is another young, big run stopper though. But Pass Rusher ehhh questionable?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Don't understand the love for McDonald....the dude has like 2 career sacks and gets owned against the run......

maybe its the name? seems like some fans like guys with "cool" names...( i.e ziegler)

WORD! My first thought when I read all the love for this guy was to post a "you guys know he isn't very good" reply.

When we drafted him, I thought maybe we had a great mid-round pick. He was kind of a tweener of sorts for a 3-4 D.

In 46 games at Florida, McDonald started 36 times. He collected 137 tackles (85 solos) with 11 sacks for minus-64 yards and 25½ stops for losses totaling 103 yards. He added six pressures with two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He also deflected seven passes and blocked one kick.

The HUGE downside to Raymac is his injury history. Knee issues have held him back for several years.
2005: Underwent surgery in September to repair a partially torn right knee ACL. Started the first three games of the season before having to sit out the next three following surgery … Reappeared in the lineup vs. Louisiana State and Georgia before sitting out the remainder of the season after having a second and season-ending surgery on his injured right knee.
He underwent knee surgery AGAIN this off-season and one has to wonder if he'll ever live up to his potential.

Also, like Lawson, I think Raymac would fit much better into a 4-3 D. But that's just my opinion. Either way, he needs to stay healthy....
[ Edited by AKfanster on Aug 27, 2009 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
His coming back doesn't hurt anyone...in fact, it's just more good competition. FWIW, Raiders had enough respect for Jean-Francois to double-team him, which is a compliment to his abilities. I'm liking the overall makeup of our DL...and the fact Singletary is sticking to a "real" 3-4, none of that hybrid crap. You can still move players around...like they've been doing w/Soap, Balmer, and J-F. I like this group's versatility...most can play more than one position, and that's a very good thing. Still need a dominant NT, but that'll come next year (Cody).

i bet if we put jean-francois on the ps he will get picked up by mid season, watch. dude is no where near the talent of a 7th rd pick
Share 49ersWebzone