There are 230 users in the forums

Ray Mac is Back!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pwilly52:
Originally posted by genz22:
Sopogoa should indeed be most worried....He makes good money without much production.

I'd rather have RJF back up Franklin at NT than Soap. But that's just my opinion.

RJF over Soap at NT maybe at DE but NT??
seriously
It'll take him a while to get back to form but that's a huge boost for the defense.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Welcome back Ray Mac!

That hurts Jean Francois, Demetric Evans, and Ice Sopogoa. Balmer has looked pretty good so far.

Sopogoa should probably be most worried. He played into the third quarter or something like that and only got one tackle. Kind of disappointing..

Yeah, kinda troubling for Ice, by I don't think Ray challenges him as much as he does Evans. Ice has been around this team for awhile and seems to be highly liked by the coaches. Can Evans play DT as well as DE?

He played a 4-3 end in Washington so it probably wouldn't translate over well to NT.

that's why I think Soap's got no worries. The coaching staff (and us) might have questions about him, but I he's at least got the size and the, supposed, potential to play either NT DT or DE. If Evans doesn't, then I think he'd be more vulnerable to a good showing by Ray. RJF seems like he has a lot of potential, so I don't see him getting cut loose...but I guess he could go on the PS.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Sopogoa should indeed be most worried....He makes good money without much production.

I'd rather have RJF back up Franklin at NT than Soap. But that's just my opinion.

seriously

I bolded something for you. I'm not saying it would necessarily benefit the team or be the best option. I just want to see Ricky get some PT.
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

seriously

I bolded something for you. I'm not saying it would necessarily benefit the team or be the best option. I just want to see Ricky get some PT.

um ok
Ice ain't goin' nowhere.

I think the pressure is on Ray to make an impact, and FAST. He's been oft injured in his niner career and came to the team with a rep of being injury prone. It's between him and Ricky Jean IMO.
I would have preferred that the club keep McDonald on PUP, until the Game 6-10 activation window. I like the player, but why hurry the guy back from knee surgery? Heck, it's taken Manny Lawson 2 years to get back to where he was physically. If McDonald had stayed on PUP, it would have given a Final 53 roster spot to a fully healthy player. The club is already stuck having to carry injured WR Jones on the Final 53 (not PUP eligible). I would like to see the club start the season with as many healthy players as possible, on the Final 53. A healthy McDonald can still offer a big contribution over the final 10 games of the regular season (plus any play-off games).
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ray Mac is Back Jack, he aint Wack, he dont do Crack, it dont matter if you are white or Black, dont talk Smack, driving in my Lac, there is a chick with a nice Rack, in my pants i just went splack

Give me one about Glenn Coffee
Great! I like his play, but I worry about whether he can stay healthy enough to contribute.
Per MM, Ray McDonald was second on the team last year with pressures. Smith had 50 something and Raymac had 37 and Haralson had 34.... Just interesting tid bit. MM also went on to say that if he proves healthy he could find himself on the 4 man line in passing situations. So from right to left it would look like this on the nickle package: Haralson, Smith, McDonald, Lawson with Spikes and Willis rounding out the LB's.

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Per MM, Ray McDonald was second on the team last year with pressures. Smith had 50 something and Raymac had 37 and Haralson had 34.... Just interesting tid bit. MM also went on to say that if he proves healthy he could find himself on the 4 man line in passing situations. So from right to left it would look like this on the nickle package: Haralson, Smith, McDonald, Lawson with Spikes and Willis rounding out the LB's.

Lot of potential there. Here's hoping for results!
Is Ray Mac going to bring any sacks?
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Ray Mac is Back Jack, he aint Wack, he dont do Crack, it dont matter if you are white or Black, dont talk Smack, driving in my Lac, there is a chick with a nice Rack, in my pants i just went splack

i dont think anyone wants a whack rapper on the board buddy......
i never knew vanilla ice was a niner fan
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:

i dont think anyone wants a whack rapper on the board buddy......
i never knew vanilla ice was a niner fan

Speak for yourself
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Is Ray Mac going to bring any sacks?

haha
Share 49ersWebzone