LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Running When the "D" Knows You're Running

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know it's preseason, I know it's the Raiders, but this quote from Raiders LB Thomas Howard must have put a smile on Singletary's face "It's not like the runs were difficult. We knew what was coming." In the offseason, Coach said he wanted to have success running even when the defense knows they are running. Just thought I'd share something positive for a change.
YES.

Nice
Yes and even after two days of scrimmages. The Raiders jnew the plays and couldn't stop them. I think it's a good sign we will be very successful running the ball, my great concern is that right now we can't throw the ball with any regularity! But great job running up the gut last night!
Glad I am not a Raiders supporter. When yyou know they are going to run and you still can't stop them, you face a difficult season
E-X-E-C-U-T-I-O-N
It is nice to see our O line improving and imposing their will on the defense. They still need work in pass blocking though.
Yeah thats the Lombardi school of thinking. You knew they were gonna run that damn toss sweep and the defense knew it was coming but the defenses never seem to be able to stop them. Sing appears to want the same thing with the niners. They did a good job yesterday running the ball but I wouldn't get too excited because the raiders have been the worst team against the run for at least the past 5 years.
Yeah the raiders were a nice confidence booster but the real test will be running on the cowboys with Ratliff and Olshansky on the line.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
E-X-E-C-U-T-I-O-N

exactly
It's going to be a long season for the Raiders.

I sure hope the running game keeps up. As the O-line gels they will get better in pass protection!
If this success continues to be a trend we should have a much better time pulling off the play action passes.
I haven't seen a replay, but it did seem like Smith & Hill had some good time to throw (when they weren't evading rushers )
Speaking of running, I am surprised no one has started a Glen Coffee thread yet. The guy was tearing it up last night big time. I was really impressed.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Speaking of running, I am surprised no one has started a Glen Coffee thread yet. The guy was tearing it up last night big time. I was really impressed.

Clayton was doing the same last year, until he proves he can do it in a real game...it would be a bit premature to start one. IMO he will be nasty this year, I wasn't high on the pick at first but I have grown to like it!!
Share 49ersWebzone