There are 167 users in the forums

1 Point Victories

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by King49er:
I'm not saying "Oh we suck! boo hoo hoo!"

I'm saying its weird to win back to back games by a single point each. No one else finds that strange?

not really....I find it more strange that you think it's strange that we're 2-0 in this years pre season just because they were one point games....

okay. i've been watching football for a long time and i've never really see back to back games end in such similar situations, preseason or not.

That's okay. When we win the preseason super bowl, going 4-0, you can stop worrying about it.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Aug 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM ]

I'm saying its weird to win back to back games by a single point each. No one else finds that strange?

We ran a vanilla offense and defense against two of the worst teams in the NFL. Who cares? It's not like we were going all out.
Coincidence? YES. Extremely strange ? NO.

Not even strange
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
anyone else find it extremely strange that we've won two games by 1 point each, and in each of those games the other team missed a 2 pt conversion in the 4th quarter?

Basically we've tied two games.

Yeah, its preseason and so who cares, and no, I'm not hitting the panic button. I just think its strange. Any thoughts on that?

I have one:

When you score more points that your opponent, you win 99.9% of the time.

That is all.

if you score more than your opponent then wouldn't you win 100% of the time?

Click here please
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
anyone else find it extremely strange that we've won two games by 1 point each, and in each of those games the other team missed a 2 pt conversion in the 4th quarter?

Yeah, its preseason and so who cares, and no, I'm not hitting the panic button. I just think its strange. Any thoughts on that?

I have one:

When you score more points that your opponent, you win 99.9% of the time.

That is all.

if you score more than your opponent then wouldn't you win 100% of the time?

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."

They also say that 50% of all statistics are made up on the spot 75% of the time.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

We ran a vanilla offense and defense against two of the worst teams in the NFL. Who cares? It's not like we were going all out.

i don't know who cares, I certainly don't. Read my posts. I was just making an observation. I thought it was weird. Guess I was the only one.
Originally posted by teeohh:

What I mean is that in the regular season the other team wouldn't have gone for the 2 pt conversion, which would have tied the game in regulation.

We've basically played our two preseason games to a draw.

I'm not calling for panic. It's just an observation.

They were not two tie games.

The 49ers were driving at the end of the Raiders game. They might have scored a touchdown; they would at least have scored a field goal before time ran out.

I'd call that a win, however you look at it.
  • bfree
  • Veteran

If you want to play hypothetical... we were driving deep in the other teams territory at the end of both the games, we could have kicked easy FGs.

Basically we've won both games by at least a FG.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by NFLakaNinersForLife:

That doesn't make sense. lol

DAMN!! I get the Quad-Dunce Cap for an Anchorman reference!?! Hiyooo!!!
  • Mex49
Originally posted by AC49er:
Preseason scores are meaningless. I would feel just as confident if we were 0-2 rather than 2-0

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by NFLakaNinersForLife:

That doesn't make sense. lol

DAMN!! I get the Quad-Dunce Cap for an Anchorman reference!?! Hiyooo!!!

not you. NFLakaNinersForLife gets those for not understanding the Anchorman reference
[ Edited by Dino on Aug 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Preseason scores are meaningless. I would feel just as confident if we were 0-2 rather than 2-0

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.
I think I would take 19 1 point victories this year. Then check into the cardiac care unit
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by King49er:

not really....I find it more strange that you think it's strange that we're 2-0 in this years pre season just because they were one point games....

okay. i've been watching football for a long time and i've never really see back to back games end in such similar situations, preseason or not.

That's okay. When we win the preseason super bowl, going 4-0, you can stop worrying about it.

LOL
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

i don't know who cares, I certainly don't. Read my posts. I was just making an observation. I thought it was weird. Guess I was the only one.

No, you weren't. I thought it was a little weird too. It's just not something you see that often. It seems like some of the people here are reading a little too much into what you wrote.
Share 49ersWebzone