LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

1 Point Victories

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anyone else find it extremely strange that we've won two games by 1 point each, and in each of those games the other team missed a 2 pt conversion in the 4th quarter?

Basically we've tied two games.

Yeah, its preseason and so who cares, and no, I'm not hitting the panic button. I just think its strange. Any thoughts on that?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
anyone else find it extremely strange that we've won two games by 1 point each, and in each of those games the other team missed a 2 pt conversion in the 4th quarter?

Yeah, its preseason and so who cares, and no, I'm not hitting the panic button. I just think its strange. Any thoughts on that?

I have one:

When you score more points than your opponent, you win 99.9% of the time.

That is all.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Aug 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM ]
I'm not saying "Oh we suck! boo hoo hoo!"

I'm saying its weird to win back to back games by a single point each. No one else finds that strange?
Originally posted by teeohh:

What I mean is that in the regular season the other team wouldn't have gone for the 2 pt conversion, which would have tied the game in regulation.

We've basically played our two preseason games to a draw.

I'm not calling for panic. It's just an observation.
Yeah, it's unusual. I know it's only preseason, but I have to say the two one-point victories have been underwhelming.
I'm thinking we win 24-23 next week

Its preseason..nobody cares.
It's preseason man. Not every team opens up their playbooks. In fact, no team does.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I'm thinking we win 24-23 next week

Its preseason..nobody cares.

I got my money on 22-21.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:05 AM ]

I'm saying its weird to win back to back games by a single point each. No one else finds that strange?

not really....I find it more strange that you think it's strange that we're 2-0 in this years pre season just because they were one point games....
Originally posted by King49er:

not really....I find it more strange that you think it's strange that we're 2-0 in this years pre season just because they were one point games....

okay. i've been watching football for a long time and i've never really see back to back games end in such similar situations, preseason or not.

okay. i've been watching football for a long time and i've never really see back to back games end in such similar situations, preseason or not.

if it was regular season though both games probably would have went to OT
last year the Lions looke as if they would o 16-0 not 0-16, 'cause they went UNDEFEATED in preseason. OMG what an acchivement.

if it was regular season though both games probably would have went to OT

i know.
Share 49ersWebzone