LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pass rush was slightly better. Other than that, our DBs look pretty damn solid...
Originally posted by NickV:
our rook Briggs was getting some good push. A. Brooks also.

The TD that nate gave up was

Nate didn't give up that TD,it was Roman not getting over. It was cover two and the responsibility for that play was the safety (Roman) that didn't get over to his spot in time.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Very impressed with Scott McKillop; he has the skills.

As a run stuffer, but he still needs a bunch of work as in pass coverage. Still, I like what I see so far.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Someone PLEASE make a gif of Alex laying out Greg Ellis!

this
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
our rook Briggs was getting some good push. A. Brooks also.

The TD that nate gave up was

It was cover 2, he saw the tight end start coming into his zone so he let the receiver go because the TE was threatening his zone, problem is the safety behind was Roman

Well someone1 was outta position. It could've been cover 4 and Nate might have got caught with his eyes in the backfield
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The best pass rusher in this draft, Brian Orakpo, was brilliant today. No sacks, but disrupted the Steelers all game. Looked VERY, VERY good. Almost had a pick as well.

There is another late round pick that I think you liked who is tearing it up in preseason.....Nick Reed from Oregon. He has 1.5 sacks, a FF, and multiple pressures. What really sucks is seeing him in a Seahawks uniform.
i just hope the D can produce as many turnovers in the reg season as they are in the preseason.

At least when the DBs get passes close enough to them, they catch it.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
i just hope the D can produce as many turnovers in the reg season as they are in the preseason.

At least when the DBs get passes close enough to them, they catch it.

If we can stop the run, and generate those kinds of turnovers on a consistent basis, our D is going to be a force.
McKillop will become a beadt in the middle, very good pick it would seam (though still early). Did Jay Moore even play tonight?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I will finally admit it, Sopoaga played like crap tonight. Inconsistent is a pretty good word to describe his play tonight. He got stood up, locked up and pushed back, I actually thought Khalif Mitchell took on double teams better than him.

Still support him though.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Run defense is good

Pass rush is terrible, Lawson will not be on the field on 3rd downs again.

Clements still gives up way to many big plays.

We don't have the OLB's to run a 3-4.
Overall defense could be good IF there was a pass rush.
did the people who are praising mckillop actually watch him? he is awful.. when people compare him to derek smith they werent kidding because he has been just as bad a tackler so far. hopefully it isn't a trend because god help me if i have to sit through derek smith again.
i thought kentwan balmer did alright. at least on pass rushes, he got double teamed a couple times
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
did the people who are praising mckillop actually watch him? he is awful.. when people compare him to derek smith they werent kidding because he has been just as bad a tackler so far. hopefully it isn't a trend because god help me if i have to sit through derek smith again.

Mckillop had several key tackles and caused the fumble that R Smith recovered. Derek Smith led the D in tackles and had multiple 100 tackle seasons, until age and injuries caught up with him.
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:

Mckillop had several key tackles and caused the fumble that R Smith recovered. Derek Smith led the D in tackles and had multiple 100 tackle seasons, until age and injuries caught up with him.

realy? i was at the game so i couldnt really tell who forced it. but so far the 2 main things that stand out to me from mckillop so far was an awful tackle attempt on a garcia scramble in this game this week and him getting absolutely destroyed by a stiff arm from a broncos back last week.
Share 49ersWebzone