LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the defense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevent threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.
Ahhmm...Pass rush? Was there any. Good defensive game from what I read, except no pass rush...
1 big mistake, other than that i think they did ok
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
multi-interception game again.

starting to look like a trend.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
our rook Briggs was getting some good push. A. Brooks also.

The TD that nate gave up was
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Ahhmm...Pass rush? Was there any. Good defensive game from what I read, except no pass rush...

This. Just horrible horrible to see. I know Willis and Haralson were out but common! If we continue with this type of pass rush against good teams we'll get picked apart. Thank god next year's draft is loaded at pass rushers.

we got in their face but our first team d didn't get any sacks, except for lawson getting credit for russell's phantom sack
Starters played well for the most part, but that TD pass by Russell was unacceptable.
Originally posted by teeohh:

we got in their face but our first team d didn't get any sacks, except for lawson getting credit for russell's phantom sack

They got in the face of the offensive linemen...not the QB. They had a couple of moments but really the first team hardly pressured Russell at all.
Nate clements needs to watch some film of our third stringers, he keeps getting destroyed.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Someone PLEASE make a gif of Alex laying out Greg Ellis!
Well we definitely did some more blitzing tonight. Even though we didn't get a sack we did get some decent pressure. The one big play that Nate gave up was pretty bad, I think that Nate thought he had safety help over the top, and of course Roman couldn't get there. Not too bad for the first string, missing three starters.
Originally posted by NickV:

It was cover 2, he saw the tight end start coming into his zone so he let the receiver go because the TE was threatening his zone, problem is the safety behind was Roman
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by NickV:

It was cover 2, he saw the tight end start coming into his zone so he let the receiver go because the TE was threatening his zone, problem is the safety behind was Roman

That's true.

But given the down and distance he probably should have followed the WR. Even if the TE caught the ball he would have needed 23 yards to get a first down. Someone would have caught him.

Either way that whole play was f**ked up.
they are ready....the offense not so much
Share 49ersWebzone