There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Network PreSeason Game Replay...

Smith made good reads on that first drive......Davis and Bruce dropped the ball (literally) on a couple of occasions, that would have lengthened that drive...
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
bad pass by smith to morgan on the int. morgan shouldve caught it but when you throw over the middle, you cant throw it high like smith did. you can get a reciever badly hurt.
Originally posted by rob28:
bad pass by smith to morgan on the int. morgan shouldve caught it but when you throw over the middle, you cant throw it high like smith did. you can get a reciever badly hurt.

If he hadn't thrown a bit high, the ball would've been batted down at the line.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
then you dont make that pass at all. they're was like three raiders in the area waiting to kill morgan. no need to force things.
Beautiful block by Staley to spring Coffee. He plowed a huge hole right up the middle
i dont see how people are saying that Smith played like s**t, his recievers dropped 3 passes that should have been caught, the INT should have been caught and Bruce and Davis dropped 1 each on the first drive.

Im not saying Smith looked great but he didnt look as bad as everybody is saying either
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
but smith didnt look good either which is why we need another game to decide who's the starter. alex is lucky to have a shot at the starting job. hill has earned the job for the last 2 years.
Hill regressed badly or The Raiders know how to defend against him. When he got sacked he tucked the ball away like a Fullback and looked like he was scared to get hit. I mean good job not giving the ball away but didn't keep his eyes downfields and gave up on the play.
Originally posted by aacadena:
Hill regressed badly or The Raiders know how to defend against him. When he got sacked he tucked the ball away like a Fullback and looked like he was scared to get hit. I mean good job not giving the ball away but didn't keep his eyes downfields and gave up on the play.

hill regressed cuz Alex is taking reps from him with the first unit !
Originally posted by rob28:
but smith didnt look good either which is why we need another game to decide who's the starter. alex is lucky to have a shot at the starting job. hill has earned the job for the last 2 years.

Nobody will look good with 2 droppes passes and one tiped which should have been caught and only threw 9 times. Plus two that he had to throw away. I saw Smith stepping up into the pocket, playing smart. On the Int he was looking to the left then at the last second turned right and delievered. I also saw one good block and an even better tackle (on a linebacker) to save the TD.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Hill regressed badly or The Raiders know how to defend against him. When he got sacked he tucked the ball away like a Fullback and looked like he was scared to get hit. I mean good job not giving the ball away but didn't keep his eyes downfields and gave up on the play.

hill regressed cuz Alex is taking reps from him with the first unit !

Yea right.



Originally posted by rob28:
but smith didnt look good either which is why we need another game to decide who's the starter. alex is lucky to have a shot at the starting job. hill has earned the job for the last 2 years.

However, if Hill plays like he did last night in the regular season, the last two years mean jack squat.

Also, you can't go off of the past to base future success. Look at Derek Anderson's 07 season (29 TDs, 19 Ints, 3,787 yds, QB rating of 82.5) and then look at what he did the following year (9 TDs, 8 Ints, 1,615yds, QB rating of 66.5).
[ Edited by linkboy on Aug 23, 2009 at 7:59 PM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Hill regressed badly or The Raiders know how to defend against him. When he got sacked he tucked the ball away like a Fullback and looked like he was scared to get hit. I mean good job not giving the ball away but didn't keep his eyes downfields and gave up on the play.

hill regressed cuz Alex is taking reps from him with the first unit !

OK so he is suppose to suck with the 2nd string? Get real
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
blocking and tackling doesnt win you a starting qb job
Originally posted by rob28:
blocking and tackling doesnt win you a starting qb job

Nobody said it did.

However, the fact still remains that between the two QBs, Smith was the one that looked better last night. That's not opinion, that's fact.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 561
and one bad preaseason game doesnt change the fact that hill has been our only efficent qb. 7-3 as a starter, saved us from 2 win seasons the last 2 years.