LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

A Little More of the Same............

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
I know the preseason just started, but it didnt look like we made major strides from last year. Our offense (mind you on only 1 drive's worth of analysis) didnt have spark I was hoping for. Just like last season, we put ourselves in bad position and looked to Hill to pull us out. Our o-line sputtered, and Hill was forced to make plays on his own. As for Smith, just as I expected. A lot of bad plays, only to be erased by one semi-good throw for a TD.

Defense.......blah. The only INT I counted was Dre Bly's. The other two were Orton feeling sorry for our defense, and throwing it into our arms. Other than that, we didnt put anything out there to scare anyone. Typical Manusky defense, IMO.

I hope we got some more weapons in our arsenal, or this is just gonna be one of those typical 8-8 seasons.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sticking with Lawson and Haralson to produce a pass rush will prove to be the biggest miscalculation this year. Until we find a legit #1 QB the offense will continue to look mediocre.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by mayo63:
Sticking with Lawson and Haralson to produce a pass rush will prove to be the biggest miscalculation this year. Until we find a legit #1 QB the offense will continue to look mediocre.

Actually, I think Hill is a legit number 1 QB. He moves the chains, sustains drives, and keeps the defense off the field. What else can we ask from him ?

The problem is the defense in itself. Manusky has underachieved, IMO. Unfortunately, he has finished the season strong during his tenure here, and Niner brass is fooled into thinking his shemes are good for this roster. Orton dissected our defense the other day. Let me repeat.........ORTON dissected our defense the other day. If a guy like him can pick us apart, imagine what Warner or McNabb would do...
Hill did good , Alex sucked as usual that td he almost blew it never move the O. Coffee good sheets ok pass rush sucked DB good let Denver move up and down due to lack of pass rush but 3 INT, but the good thing is our best players did not play Gore and Willis and our WR's 2 of them are not there the old guy and we have not signed or top pick , so there is room for improvment !
1st preseason game..
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
1st preseason game..

+1
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I think judging the state of the team off of a vanilla pre season game without all of the starters and playing DBS off to avoid contact is the exact reason that know it all fans could never actually be coaches.
I love all of the tools on here saying Alex was terrible. 5-7 69% and a TD. He should have had at least 4 or 5 TD passes. All QBs looked pretty good, even better if you consider our O-line. Open your eyes people, and try to get some use of what little bit is in your head......Yeah its A Little More of the Same, from the fans.

Originally posted by fzrdave:
1st preseason game..

+1

+2
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
I love all of the tools on here saying Alex was terrible. 5-7 69% and a TD. He should have had at least 4 or 5 TD passes. All QBs looked pretty good, even better if you consider our O-line. Open your eyes people, and try to get some use of what little bit is in your head......Yeah its A Little More of the Same, from the fans.

Nice post!
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Now THAT is the guy we want playing NT!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
1st preseason game..

+1

+2

+3
Originally posted by 5TIME49:

Share 49ersWebzone