LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 448 users in the forums

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jack9er:
I heard the Browns broadcast yesterday and Bernie Kosar sounds like he is half a bottle in when the game starts, but at least there is entertainment value there, O'Donnell doesn't even know the history or the players on the team.

I didn't catch that game, but it reminds me of the original Minnesota Twins broadcast team from the early 60s. They had a guy named Halsey Hall doing the games, and I think he'd already had a pitcher of Martini's before the first pitch most days. Oh well, they were sponsored by the Hamm's Beer Bear from the "Land of sky blue waters".

Oh, and he also puffed a big stogey while he did the play by play.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM ]
O'donnell is an idiot.

Any of us can do his job much better.

I should have learned from before and listened to the radio broadcast while I watched!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Aug 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Are they better than the Raider network?

Just a little bit. My by a piont.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
A) Yes, they were terrible.

B) How has no one mentioned the female sideline reporter, yet? She looked like Kevin Green with lipstick on.

water is wet..
  • dj43
I have insider info that says that neither Davis nor O'Donnell will be around when the real games start.
Originally posted by dj43:
I have insider info that says that neither Davis nor O'Donnell will be around when the real games start.

do you actually know this insider? or just someone in his circle?
The truly insulting part is when O'Donnell compliments Cable for going for 2 at the end. I understand why Cable would do so, but O'Donnell says it as if calling a preaseason game is beneath him and he wants it to end as quickly as possible. He's only calling the game to help his name recognition, not because he's interested in football. Face it, the guy is a permanent also-ran sports guy behind Radnich and Ibanez.
Damn Dennis, 10 minutes into the game you have called Michael Robinson, Bruce and Nate Clements, Allen Rossum does this guy need glasses or what?
  • Veteran
They both suck.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Damn Dennis, 10 minutes into the game you have called Michael Robinson, Bruce and Nate Clements, Allen Rossum does this guy need glasses or what?

I'm pretty sure he called Jason Smith a TE
He also said that Goldson replaced Hudson as the starting safety this year.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Davis was okay, but O'Donnell was pretty bad.

He thought Ronald Fields was Ray McDonald in the beginning.

It's pre-season for them as well. Let them work out the kinks of a long offseason.

Yeah that reference was very bad. Davis is tolerable, O'Donnell is bad.
YES..OH YES, they're pretty bad. Dennis is really bad! I'm like...Dennis what game are you watching? He missed names, and said a punt hit the stadium. Terrible....both of them are Rookies.
Try watching/listening to the Saints/Raiders game...they're so boring and stumbling over their words that you'd think O'Donnell and Davis are great!
Share 49ersWebzone