There are 420 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dennis O'Donnell and Eric Davis are terrible

• 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GEEK:
Davis was okay, but O'Donnell was pretty bad.

He thought Ronald Fields was Ray McDonald in the beginning.

It's pre-season for them as well. Let them work out the kinks of a long offseason.

I caught the Ronald Fields thing too. I laughed when I heard that.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
aagh, this stupid thread comes up every year

but you haven't been here a year, so how would you know that

straight f**king owned a noob
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfniner:
You think that you had it bad?
I had to listen to the local Denver broadcast homers because the NFL network broadcast was blacked out in Santa Fe.
It was painful!!!!
They referred to our players almost entirely by number and kept talking about how Nolan was brought in to create turnovers on defense.
I have to re-watch it on NFL network when it re airs just to get the horrible memory out of my head.

I had to watch that as well since I'm in Wyoming. They called Reggie Smith Kory Sheets when he made that interception. Brit Miller was Diyral Briggs on his first touchdown lol. It was terrible, especially when they said Nolan was brought in to create "turnovers".
Originally posted by 49ersNorcal:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Davis was okay, but O'Donnell was pretty bad.

He thought Ronald Fields was Ray McDonald in the beginning.

It's pre-season for them as well. Let them work out the kinks of a long offseason.

I caught the Ronald Fields thing too. I laughed when I heard that.

well I had it worse... I mean.... Dennis O'Donnell's misinformed commentary has affected me outside of preseason broadcasts apparently.....

I feel like an idiot... I was with my brother and we were going over the 9er roster in Madden....and I'm like.... oh look... EA F'n up..they still have Ray McDonald on our team....then looked straight into my younger brother's eyes and said...."he is on the Broncos now"

(even though in the back of my mind, I could've swore he was still with us...but just hurt or something)

I'm thinking "damn, Nolan is taking our players"

I might just have to mute the T.V. and turn on the Radio Broadcast for these next few weeks.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM ]
I'm just happy it's on the tube, so I can overlook them during preseason.
A) Yes, they were terrible.

B) How has no one mentioned the female sideline reporter, yet? She looked like Kevin Green with lipstick on.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
A) Yes, the were terrible.

B) How has no one mentioned the female sideline reporter, yet? She looked like Kevin Green with lipstick on.

Poor woman.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
A) Yes, the were terrible.

She is one ugly muddaf**ka!

Unless he was checking out the zone for a while before signing up? *shrugs*

Edit: Can a banned member come back under a different name? If so, that's another possibility.

Anyway, the announcers weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. At least we don't have to listen to Madden ramble on and on anymore.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Aug 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM ]
Regardless of his commentating abilities, Eric Davis made my favorite play when he picked off Aikman in the beginning of the NFC Championship and took it for six. Still my favorite play of all time.
Eric Davis went out of his way to make sure he didn't offend anyone.

That's not what a color person is supposed to do. He can do better.
Agreed. Brutal
Let's just all be thankful they aren't letting Steve Bono do color commentary...did you hear him on Comcast? GOOD LORD! He makes Eric Davis sound like a future Emmy Award Nominee.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
who cares...get a life
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Unless he was checking out the zone for a while before signing up? *shrugs*

Edit: Can a banned member come back under a different name? If so, that's another possibility.

Anyway, the announcers weren't great, but they weren't terrible either. At least we don't have to listen to Madden ramble on and on anymore.

BOOM!
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:30 PM ]